Central Florida Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by Z010 Union, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Continued from here

Last post in Part 2

2. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Bryan, your a great mod.

Wow, we have filled 1200 post so far yapping about MLS in FL, and now specifically in central FL (Tampa/Orlando).

I wanted to share with the Central FL group that I have heard from 2 seperate sources that there is a investment group forming in Orlando for MLS. But I haven't heard from my main source in over a month. What does that mean? I have no idea. But my time working with the Philly MLS expansion has taught me that patience is a virtue and that you never know what is going on behind the scenes.

3. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Tampa Bay Mutiny and the Miami Fusion FC absolutely should return as MLS expansion teams sooner rather than later. :cool:

-G

4. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    wow, part 3 thats an accomplishment:rolleyes:

5. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone want to help me compile a list of pro soccer players from Tampa or Orlando metro areas?

For example
    Bobby Boswell (DC United) is from Plant City
    Dax McCarty (FC Dallas) is from Winter Park

any others (I know there are)?

6. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    eddie johnson went to the bradenton academy, not sure what city he's from though

7. Dummeldinger

Dummeldinger New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    whoo hoo
    part 3!

8. Kevin8833

Kevin8833 Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Estero, FL
    Oh come on 2 threads we have filled now we have to get a team!:D Eddie Johnson is from the Miami area (Palm Beach I believe) Altidore and Gibbs are also Anthony Wallace played on Bradenton's competitive team I am pretty certain so he is from there I think.

9. fl-kw

fl-kw New Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Tampa Bay area
    Eddie Johnson is from Palm Coast(closer to st. augustine) and Wallace is from St. Pete

10. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry, who the heck is Wallace?

11. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you never heard of marcellus wallace?

does. he. look. like. a. b*tch?

[​IMG]

12. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Dummeldinger

Dummeldinger New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    anthony wallace
    played for USF
    U-20 wc defender

14. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    just wondering, did the mutiny ever have a supporters group? i cant remember

15. Hoss9

Hoss9 New Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Eddie Johnson is actually from a small town just south of Palm Coast called Bunnell. He grew up in a terrible neighborhood where I was a police officer and he made his way out of the area through soccer. It is really great to see how good he has become because growing up he had a lot of trouble even making some of the competitive cup teams in the local area. He now has a small park dedicated to him in the area where he grew up. The city had a small dedication ceremony for him and everything. It's great to see someone strive for a better life and succeed.

16. Hoss9

Hoss9 New Member

Sep 6, 2007
    I think it would be great to have a team built somewhere between Orlando and Tampa where fans could come from both cities. It's only about a 40 minute drive from Tampa to Orlando (or vice versa) so if they put a stadium for a team somewhere near Lakeland maybe, where there is still cheap land, they would get fans from both cities. Regardless, I would love to see a team in either city and would travel to either one to see some quality soccer.

17. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :rolleyes:

Dude, thats from last year. Its old news. RSL Florida is already doing very well and dominating a lot of tournaments in the state. They also have Super Y and 20 teams in USL.

19. Romulan

Romulan New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Thanks for the great news Soccerprime, I hope the investment group from Orlando pans out...

20. bkylo

bkylo New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Tampa-St Pete Soccer

I heard that the Al-Lang Stadium in downtown St.Pete is not going to be used by the Tampa Bay Devilrays in 2009. which brings a opportunity for a major league soccer team. The capacity is perfect with some added renovations for soccer. This would be great oppurtunity for St. Petersburg to showcase our city. Soccer was supported in the past by the area and the MLS is growing more popular ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- the city council wants hear about support for soxxer and put this great location to use.

council@stpete.org

21. Kevin8833

Kevin8833 Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Estero, FL
    Re: Tampa-St Pete Soccer

The link doesn't work but that would be great, how many seats could it hold, would it change into a soccer stadium nicely, and would it be a soccer specific stadium with the rays leaving or are there minor league teams playing there?

22. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    Re: Tampa-St Pete Soccer

i think whitestar warriors knows a lot more about the al lang stadium. if you want to see an arial view, i believe that theres a picture on the tampa soccer website. and no, i dont think theres a minor league team.

23. Romulan

Romulan New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Ya we need to send emails to the ST. Pete city council and help them make the right decision here. Can you post a email addy?

24. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    what happened to the tampa soccer website? was bored and just browsing around and it said that it was disabled.

25. blue32828

blue32828 New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    orlando
    Orlando city council recently decided to fix up the Citrus Bowl. Would be a good venue as UCF has their own stadium now. If Olando got a MLS team, I'd definately be a season ticket holder.