Cementeros 2011

Discussion in 'Cruz Azul' started by Swag Flu, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Azul88

Azul88 Member+

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So I hear that apart from humiliating las wilas we are also getting a spot in next years libertadores? :cool:

2. maze2daze11

maze2daze11 Member

Jan 17, 2009
    So Cal
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup that's what Cruz Azul tweeted after the match.

3. El Mariachi

El Mariachi Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Más Allá
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    3-1 feels good man. I got to watch the first half, wasnt a bad game. Man some of torrados passes make me so mad.

4. Swag Flu

Swag Flu Member+

Sep 11, 2008
    Lo$ $candalou$
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

That is a shot taking game my good man. Only way to stomach it. Damn Morelia has had our number recently. We better not let it happen again.

5. El Mariachi

El Mariachi Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Más Allá
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol definitely.

its so crazy that he can be such a destroyer off the ball, then as soon as it touches his feet it goes straight back to the other guys.

he does have a decent long ball which is odd

6. Azul88

Azul88 Member+

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Bastards always come from behind to win it :eek:

Too bad Huiqui got red carded so we won't get his help for the first game :D

7. El Mariachi

El Mariachi Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Más Allá
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I felt it coming stupid Monarcas

8. Azul88

Azul88 Member+

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I was disgusted by how the team performed in the second half. We made morelia look like Barcelona vs a bottom of the barrel spanish team :eek:.

The red card on Fausto was BS, that bald ref likes to call the shots from the sideline.

9. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    They made a huge mistake giving the ball to los mariposones in the second half. Specially when they don't know how to play counter attack. It is unbelievable how bad this team played and how they gave up on the attack the whole second half. You let the other team come at you without any idea on how to take the ball away from them for 45 minutes and what do you think will happen?. Idiots. Very disappointing game. Aquino was the only player doing his job and more. Chaco was no where to be seen and Villa always got the ball with his back to the net to lose it every single time. No midfield to speak off, and a Torrado slow as molasses.
    The red card was bs and as much result of Tomas Boy been his usual asshole self.

10. Swag Flu

Swag Flu Member+

Sep 11, 2008
    Lo$ $candalou$
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's alright fellas. 1-0 will be had, and we'll see the next round.

11. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's always something. Provocations notwithstanding, it was stupid of Pinto to get pulled into a situation like that. This team needs to play with extreme focus. They have the talent to get the job done but to get a result on Saturday they'll need to stay calm and play their game. Hopefully they can do it but there's been way too many games where they continually miss and eventually get frustrated. Morelia is not a powerhouse but we made them look like Barcelona in that second half. Chaco totally lost his legs and was a non-factor - and that was after a whole week of rest.

So I'm hoping for the best, but man, it's always something.

12. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Para acabarla de chingar, chiquidracula va a pitar el partido de vuelta.

13. Esposende

Esposende Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Grupo 6: Brasil 2, Deportivo Táchira (VEN), Paraguay 2, Cruz Azul (MEX)

14. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Hijos de su re-putisima madre.....quien contrato a esta caca de jugador llamado Pereira?

Ya valio madre otra vez... perdiendo 4 a 1 global....una vez mas este equipo de caca es un desastre.

15. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    how old were you the last time they won the title? :p

16. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    How are las wilaz doing in this liguilla? :p

Maybe now that they have a coach from the Lavolpe school they will play a good liguilla.

Wait...let me check the table to see if they even made la liguilla..........

17. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Them missing this playoff is a cycle.... not winning in over a decade is not a cycle... it's a custom :)

I'm not big on Herrera, but to his credit, he has distance himself from Lavolpismo. I think he knows the value of that doesn't weigh much anymore.

18. Swag Flu

Swag Flu Member+

Sep 11, 2008
    Lo$ $candalou$
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  19. maze2daze11

maze2daze11 Member

Jan 17, 2009
    So Cal
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya valio todo! Another season down the drain! Always the same $#!+ every season.

20. El Mariachi

El Mariachi Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Más Allá
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I have no words.....

I turned off the tv when Torrado got the red

21. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    where to start?

Let's start here - Meza needs to go. I was willing to cut him some slack for a while but enough is enough.

He starts Vela. Really? Vela? I guess I shouldn't be surprised by these types of decisions. Anybody remember Mario Ortiz.
    He puts Chaco instead of Castro in the midfield. Wow.
    He takes Villa out at half-time. Really, I was throwing things at the TV at that point.

But lets hear from the man himself. Here's some quotes from an article in mediotiempo.com -

http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/m...1/26/me-quedo-en-cruz-azul-enrique-meza_39825

On the chants of "Fuera, Fuera", after the game
    On Chaco's new position
    On Villa
    Alfredo Alvarez (the VP) sounds like he's had enough. Now maybe he's just still fuming over the result but he had some juicy quotes. Typically these are the kinds of things one says when decisions have already been made, but who knows. We can always hope.

http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/m...-exploto-con-meza-nos-estamos-muriendo-con-el

And finally Torrado. Man did he have an epic failure of a game. Maybe his injury really plagued him. In which case you would have thought he would have opted out since his play really hurt the team. Anyway, he'll have to decide on whether to get an operation on his left leg in this mini off-season.

http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/m...8/cuerpo-tecnico-de-cruz-azul-hace-evaluacion

So to sum up, unless plenty of changes happen in the next few weeks, next year is going to be disastrous. Libertadores is not going to be fun to watch.

22. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    But part of the problem is that this team when it makes changes facks it up. They spend money stupidly. Droguett? Perea? El primo de Messi? Do they shop by youtube?

23. Azul88

Azul88 Member+

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I couldn't watch the game but from what I've been hearing it was business as usual from Meza and crew.
    Torrado gets a red? El "rafa marquez" de Cruz Azul. :(

Meza's cycle is done, he needs to gtfo. That VP is right when he says his gameplans are predictable.

Necesitamos un delantero y un creativo. Chaco and Villa are not going to cut it in Libertadores.

24. Azul88

Azul88 Member+

Jun 1, 2010
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Agreed, Cruz Azul's scouting sucks big time. Who told them Perea was a good idea?

LOL, FFS that's the tactics we're going for!?

I think a couple of the Cruz Azul players that are on loan will be available to come back. I think Lozano, Huiqui, and maybe Andrade have loans ending soon.

25. maze2daze11

maze2daze11 Member

Jan 17, 2009
    So Cal
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^^^ Yea I think Huiqui and Lozano loans end this season and Andrade has one more season to go.