Celtic Offseason Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Scottish_Morton, May 27, 2005.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well, I guess we all kind of suspected a bit of a shake up with new management, but this is nuts.
    Oh well, here's to the Bhoys doing The Scottish Double.

2. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    no, telfer is shite, even berti capping every scottish player in the world who didnt have one leg overlooked telfer.

Older, craper and on more money than jackiemac.

that said though nakamura!! Ya dancer!!

3. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    Telfer had already retired from international football, hence why he wasn't called up. I don't actually think he will be a regular for Celtic when everyone is fit.

Nakamura was Reggina's worst player last season :D

4. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    first ive ever heard of telfer being retired from international football.

Regardless, nakamura is a good creative midfielder and its what we are desperate for.....alan thompson or nakamura...know what id go for everytime, and its a smart economic move for the club.

5. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    If it was coming from someone else I might have bileaved it. :rolleyes:

6. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    Nakamura has been fantastic any time i've seen him, but then again i've only seen him at International level.

What i've heard about him at club level is he is very skillful but a bit slow and lightweight. He had a bit of a 'Juninho' type season for Reggina from what I heard. So saying worst player was probably bending the facts, most annoyong player probably closer to the truth.

7. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    As far as I know, it was done very quietly, in that he's just not interested. No tears and snotters to the media or anything.

8. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Read - no danger of getting a game :D

I know telfer is strachans neil lennon, but jmac leaves cos the board wont offer him a 2 year deal and telfer, at 34, is reportedly on 3. Boggles the mind.

9. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    bloody Arse board

10. The_Confused

The_Confused New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Moray
    Re: Niemi for Celtic?

Niemi is the BEST keeper in the EPL. If he came to celtic it would be unreal as he progressed s0 much since he was at Rangers. The only reason he let in 30 odd goals last season was because Southampton had a weak defence (Look at Dodds he must be nearly in a home!)

11. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland

He hasnt changed much since he left hearts, and anyway boruc is fine.

12. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Maybe 2 seasons ago was a fluke, who knows? Is it possible that a GK can get hot like Goalies in hockey? I still think that landing Niemi is a good move, but don't want empty the transfer kitty on him.

13. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Mad skillz that is. Favors his left but can score any where on the field. I can see why he wears the #10 shirt for club and country. His left footed free kicks are wicked. Thanks for the clip.

14. No8.

No8. New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Wee simple message for the patronising english supporters on this thread. The 1 and only reason Niemmi left Rangers was Klos was streets better than him. I wouldnt even put them in the same class!! As for Balde going to Munich. Did you honestly believe that?

15. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    No, the reason he left was that Rangers were stupid enough to let him go. Niemi is a better keeper than Klos and probably isn't even at the peak of his career yet.

16. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    He is a good player, but is coming off a relatively poor season. They key will be whether he can cope with the style of the SPL and the climate. If he can, you certainly have some player on your hands.

17. No8.

No8. New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Ive read some of the nonsense you post but to say niemi is better than Klos cant go unchallenged. He is a decent keeper thats all. He is no better than that! Klos is a european cup winner. Probably the 2nd best keeper the scottish game has ever seen. I know as i have watched them both.

18. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    Nieimi is a better 'keeper than Klos. Niemi is proven at International level and in the Premiership, Klos was Ok in Germany and good in the SPL. Very much overhyped by Rangers fans.

19. No8.

No8. New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Only ok in Germany? He had to take his club to court to get his transfer! I dont even think you would say Lehman is a better keeper? The germans wont pick a player from a lower league for their national side and Klos actually told them not to bother 2 seasons ago! Niemi as i have said left Ibrox, by his own admission,that he could not see himself getting a chance by Klos. My god if the player himself has said it why cant you see it.

20. Burkies Ginger Mop

Burkies Ginger Mop New Member

May 20, 2004
    London
    When you’re playing for a club such as Rangers you only have to maybe make two or three saves in some games. Same with big teams in England. Niemi could not make the saves when he was ‘cold’. He was fine at Hearts and Southampton. I don’t think he could cut it at a big club.

21. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
  22. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Another 30+ plus defender, were not that desperate at the back yet I hope. :confused:

23. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Hes just touting himself, although as crap as he is he couldnt fail to improve over varga, and if balde moves to marseille...

24. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    More incoming's on the way? GS is looking at grabing a couple of defenders before the window closes. Du Wei would only cost about 800,000 but then theres an issue of getting a work permit. Another link is Greek International Newcastle defender Dabzis who is 31, not a long term soultion. There is also the rumor of Dundee's Mark Wilson but they want 800,000 for him :eek:. Way over priced. Last but not least is Biringham's youngster Martin Taylor who has a price tag of 1 mil. We will see what transpires. :cool: