Celtic Offseason Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Scottish_Morton, May 27, 2005.

1. andybaker77

andybaker77 New Member

May 29, 2005
    glasgow
    using sutton as a central defender is a travesty mate, we need more than brute strength in attack and sutton is the most intelligent forward we've had in years, very sheringham esque, he's clever and quick thinking which aliadiere would thrive off. i'm not too sure that nakamura will come but he could possibly fill a void left by my true hero, moravcic{ if only }. and do we really want to build a team full of loaned players, only for it to all click into place and then they all disappear at the season end, for us to have to start again

2. andybaker77

andybaker77 New Member

May 29, 2005
    glasgow
    lets all start a petition to get the youngsters coming through their chance.
    all you have to do to look for an example is alex ferguson, who bloodied about six boys in the one go, who all went on to become the backbone of the england team, and european cup winners.
    he had the perfect mix between older experienced players like sheringham, keane, cole etc with becks, butt, giggs, scholes, the nevilles.
    it's about time people trusted our youngsters to stand up to the task, i mean maloney can only be young for a certain time period, as with wallace, quinn, mcgeady kennedy etc.
    if he doesn't think they can cut it with the hoops, let them go and further their career elswhere, but i guarantee not one of the signings made by gs will know the passion better than any of these young boys, after all they only want money and a job

3. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Hail Hail

I agree GS should give youngsters like McGeady, Wallace, and Kennedy the chance they have proven they deserved. MacManus too, I like Maloney as well but word is he maybe loaned out to the Dons which would be a travesty to say the least. Another floating rumor is that GS might let Quinn leave on a bosman. Eventually all of these youngsters are going to get tired of waiting in line and then we will be in trouble. How are you ever going to know if someone can do the job if you don't give them oppurtunity to try.

4. andybaker77

andybaker77 New Member

May 29, 2005
    glasgow
    exactly my point, if their not going to get a break, let them move on, don't hold their progress back by making them play reserve football for the rest of their life. and what does it say to younger boys, if they sign for celtic as schoolboy, {and what kid doesn't want to sign for their team} is it better for their career to go elsewhere i.e aberdeen or dundee utd etc and learn their trade, with a chance of first team football, i know what i'd do. i wouldn't want to sit on the bench for years, i'd want to play as much and as often as i could. and if that means going outside my beloved hoops, then i'd have to seriously think whats better for the career

5. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Hail Hail

Looks to be a promising week with hopefully Nakamura and Wei getting in before Thursday's cut off for CL. Let's hope it gets done. Henchoz has been given his walking papers and Fernadez (tubby little lard) may be on his way to Cardiff as we speak. Word is we are still trying to sign Hartley and he would be most welcome but not really sure where we would play him as we don't seem to need any help at the midfield level. Maybe hes fall back for Nakamura allthough that would be a few steps back instead of forward. Rumor has it we are also looking at Diamond, not really sure what thats all about but as a striker he doesn't scare me off the ball, not really CL material if you know what I mean. Come on hoops lets get it done by Thursday! :cool:

6. andybaker77

andybaker77 New Member

May 29, 2005
    glasgow
    who's the guy wei?
    i've not heard anything about this,where does he play.
    as for diamond from aberdeen i think he's THE outstanding talent as centre back in scotland at this time and would be a great addition to the hoops especially with kennedy on the road back. maybe we may need to look no further than these two young guys for the future of celtic, certainly if they gel early they could play together for years. not to sure on nakamura and would be surprised if he actually turns up in the hoops

7. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  8. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Sorry andy here is a piece on Du Wei.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/4690841.stm

9. andybaker77

andybaker77 New Member

May 29, 2005
    glasgow
  10. andybaker77

andybaker77 New Member

May 29, 2005
    glasgow
    well well, virgo?
    this one was really kept quiet.
    dunno much about him but mark mghee compared him to sutton for versatiity so thats a good sign, if all goes well for him i.e medical etc then welcome he will be, pluse he's a great age, not too young but not at the end of a career.

11. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I have ti agree Andy he is young but not too young, atleast he's not thirty plus. 1.5 seems like a lot cash to splash on an unproven youngerstir but word is a couple of clubs in the EPL had there eyes on him as well so looks like we beat someone to the punch shocking I know. They say he is extremely versitale so we shall see. Looks like we are finally getting younger at the back, imagine in two years time Camara, Virgo, Kennedy, McManus as the starting four at the back. Shapping up rather nicely, too bad he won't be ready for tommorw's selection. Should be a good game tommorw. :cool:

12. TimBhoy

TimBhoy New Member

Jul 26, 2003
    Glasgow, Scotland

I think this looks a very good buy, if a bit expensive...we're certainly spending the money for a team with a biscuits tin mentality

13. andybaker77

andybaker77 New Member

May 29, 2005
    glasgow
    well lets hope we open the scoring for the season tomorow, and yes the back line looks good for a while if we can get them to gel. i'm looking forward to showing the leicester fans why we got rid of douglas lol

14. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Hail Hail

Well its game day, lets hope the real Rab stands up today :rolleyes:
    Moving on Reggina is on its way to glasglow to put pen to paper for Nakamura to become a Bhoy by the Thursday deadline. (fingers crossed)
    Celtic are said to be also looking at Barcelona's #3 keeper Rutsu who was on loan at Fenebrache. He would be on loan of course from Barca no talk on how much the loan would be yet. I think we need another defender before another keeper is needed. :cool:

15. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Do you guys know of any links for streaming video of the Celtic v. Sporting match?

Cheers..

16. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Runblings today nakamura has signed, waiting for confirmation

17. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Virgo has signed at last, we were looking a bit scarce back there. Wonder if he will be ready for selection tommorw. Still no word on Nakamura which is troubleing a bit. Still need to bring in two defenders by the deadline or we are going to be in real trouble.

18. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    6 Players before Thursday's deadline? Highly unlikly but here's the six on the block. Makamura is said to be on his way to Parkhead. Also Rutsu is said to strongly favor a move to Parkhead to battle for the starting keeper job. Last but not least there are two chinese defenders on trial at Parkhead, Du Wei of Shanghi Shenua and Xu Yulong of Bejing Hayundi. The last two are Diamond and Wilson. Come on lets get it in gear :cool:

19. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  20. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  21. gscott12

gscott12 New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Sydney, AUS
  22. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Hail Hail

Two sigings in two days and more to come. Telfer has signed from Southhampton on a two year deal and hopefully that will help seal up that hugh siv in the back, I just hope its not to late as this Artmedia Bratislava is not going to be any push over. Still two more defenders to be brought in by the next CL deadline on the 4th. Nakamura is finnaly on his way to Paradise! The Japanese attacking midfielder has agrred to 3 Million move from Reggina and should be holding up the Hoops Jersey by either today or tommorw. And for those wondering with Celtic's 7 signing of the summer and more to come the board has spent 7.2 Million not bad I must say. More to come :D

23. andybaker77

andybaker77 New Member

May 29, 2005
    glasgow
    yes but do we really rate a journey man from southampton, who's never really done much in football and is a bit of an age as a celtic bhoy. truth is although we're short in defence why are we signing a guy thats only up here for a pay day before his career ends.
    i thought celtic and scottish football in general had learned the lessons if getting older payers in and giving them huge wages. thats why we're in the predicament of watching the money all the time.
    i bet if he was on the transfer market and available he wouldn't get any offers from the epl. so strachan gives him a chance at celtic(and the wages to match). he's not going to say no.
    and by the way is our third strip going to be red and white, or is the reason strachans buying up all this kak that he's still p****d off that he was attacked at celtic years ago and this is his way of getting back at us.
    hail hail

24. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Hail Hail

Nakamura has finnaly been signed and is on his way into Parkhead. GS has said this will be the last signing of the summer altough we still look thread bare at the back. I expect both Balde and Varga to be gone shortly if not by the end of summer than they will leave during the January transfer window. They really are terriable what a mess.

25. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    While I am not excited by the sigining of Telfar its better than just sitting back and relaying on the two current dodle heads in the back. Defenisvly we looked terriable, unorganized and lacking any real defensive skill. Let's put it this way we have three younger backs in Camara, Virgo, McManus. So we need someone to bark orders as I do not think they have the current leadership skills to get it done. We will know better by January and we will also know where we need to strengthen up. :cool: