Celtic FC 2009/10 Season Thread - Return of the Huddle

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by frasermc, Jun 16, 2009.

1. allegrabene

allegrabene New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Alexandria, Va
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i like this although my only concern is whether he can stay fit for enough of the season to be of use. he'd be awfully expensive to have not playing when we'll need him the most in the run in to the end of next season and/or hopefully a successful european campaign. not to be doom and gloom about it, more cautious devils advocate. we having seen a box to box midfielder like him since Stan Petrov went south. Speakin of which...........

2. MassYank

MassYank New Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Very good signing..

Hoepfully that means the board will pass on N'Guemo..

3. allegrabene

allegrabene New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Alexandria, Va
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm thinking the negotiating with n'guemo aren't going well because he's trying to play up the fact that he's a world cup player and therefore should be paid as such. of course, jonathon bornstein could make such a claim but nobody would pay him ten quid more because of it. if we're going to push the boat out, let's go for bellamy and ledley. those types. not tryin to find another henke under a rock somewhere and overpayin for rubbish. not to say n'guemo is rubbish but he ain't what he apparently thinks he is. he'd be better suited in italy anyway

4. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Yeah. His injury record is a worry but I do like him as a player. I think, if he remains injury free, he'll be an excellent signing for the club. Big if in there though.

I hear you on Stan but I can't see it happening. Maybe in a year or two's time but I can't see MoN allowing him to leave and he's contracted until 2013 with Villa. I doubt we'd pay the asking price that Villa would ask for him if it got to that stage.

I agree. It looks like Nancy are desperate to get rid of him. He started well enough but his basic passing skills at times were truly atrocious. I'm not sure he would improve any more next year and £1.8mill or thereabouts is a lot of money for us to spend on a guy who struggles at times to find a teammate 10yds away.

5. allegrabene

allegrabene New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Alexandria, Va
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :( agreed.

6. MassYank

MassYank New Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will they just go ahead an announce the Lenny appointment already. This is dragging on for what seems like years....:eek:

7. allegrabene

allegrabene New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Alexandria, Va
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    latest rumor is that they are bringing in Baxter to be the senior hand for Lenny with Johan and Thommo rounding out the staff. Still waiting on Ledley, Bullard, Lawrence and Sol Campbell. I think Ledley would be a brilliant signing. I think he's only 23. And big Sol in the back could organize things and bring the young one's along in the meantime. Liam Lawrence said he'd walk to Glasgow to wear the hoops. We could have used that kind of drive over the past couple years.

8. chillum

chillum Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Glasgow
  9. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Let's hope it's gonna work. He surely hasn't got much experience, but seems to know how to motivate the team and inspire the crowd at CP (well, that's no surprise when knowing about Neil's "fighting spirit" and "legend status" as Celtic player:).

Last season can't be topped in negative aspect, so it can only get better in 2010/2011! ;)

10. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Any news on McGeady's supposed move to Spartak ? Apparently his agent confirmed that there's interest. Apparently Spartak rates him at 11-12 mil.

11. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Aiden isn't for sale! :cool: ;)

12. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Last we heard it was just a rumour. Infact, didn't Karpin state that he had no interest in Aiden...?

13. HoopsBhoyInNC

HoopsBhoyInNC New Member

Jul 24, 2007
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys, havent been around the board these last few months.

Can someone give me a brief synopsis on what all has gone on? It has been really busy for me, so I havent been able to follow the Bhoys the last few months. :(

14. allegrabene

allegrabene New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Alexandria, Va
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we brought in keano on loan, a draw with rangers at ibrox. a 4 nil tonking at st. mirren followed by mogga getting sacked. neil lennon took over on a caretaker basis for what was assumed to be a desperate ploy to keep second in the spl. what followed was a 9 game winning streak to finish the season outwith a loss to Ross County in the Scottish Cup semi final. In the end, Lenny proved himself to be up for the permanent job and will likely be announced as the manager tomorrow. Let the Lennon era begin! Lee Naylor is gone, doesn't look like big Mick will be back. Reports are the Aiden is for the off, though I think it's rubbish. Other reports are that King Artur is leaving as well. Sad to see but would raise some much needed cash. Blackpool are reported to be snooping around for Paddy McCourt. All issues to be sorted out soon. Hail hail

15. The Tartan Hoop

The Tartan Hoop New Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Near Glasgow
    It's official! :D

Hail Hail, welcome to the dream Neil Lennon!

16. allegrabene

allegrabene New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Alexandria, Va
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    let this close the door on a dark time and open the door to brighter days at Parkhead

17. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    Rangers financial situation is likely to do more for a bright era than anything Celtic do.

18. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I just hope he hasn't been stiffed on who he can sign and how much he's been given to spend.

Neil finished the season strongly. Here's hoping he can take this into the coming season.