CELTA VIGO vs REAL MADRID | La Liga Day 12 | 11.11.2018 | 20:45 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  2. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Solari pre match press conference:

Santiago Solari addressed the press gathered inside the media room at Real Madrid City on the eve of his side's trip to Balaídos to face Celta. The Whites' boss previewed the LaLiga Matchday 12 encounter (8:45pm CET) in the following terms: "We'll have to reproduce the same organisation, sacrifice and hunger we've shown in our most recent games. It'll be tough. We'll be playing for what are three very important points in a tough away game in which we're up against strong opponents. We'll have to be disciplined and focused. That's what we'll be aiming to do".

"I see the players as being keen to come away from there with the three points as we look to cut the gap. Top athletes never underestimate their opponents. You've got to go out and play every game and do a lot of good things to win them. We're going to have to do that and more besides to pick up the next available three points. This is a sport that involves all of us. Players, coaches and staff at all levels of the club want to do everything in their control to ensure that things run smoothly".

Dressing room

"They're always the same, they're full of footballers, who live their lives with the excitement of playing and performing to the best of their ability. They want to enjoy themselves and win. I'm not going to discover anything new about the competitive level of this team now".

Ramos

"Ramos is a brave and honest man.This is a contact sport, in which every single ball is contested at full speed and it's part and parcel of the game. Nobody's nose has had more breaks than his, I think he's had three now. There was no malice in it. We play fair, but it's a contact sport".

"I share the same thoughts as everyone and they revolve around us doing as best we can to get the win tomorrow. Football is all about the players. I can see the commitment and discipline they put in to every game. They'll have to do the same again tomorrow. Every game is decisive because you can never get those points back. I'm just focusing on the Celta game and I think that's what we should all be doing".

Bale

"I've liked what I've seen of him in every position. He's capable of operating down the left, on the right or up front or in the number 10 role or even as left wing-back. What he has to do is steal the show every time he takes to the pitch, just like he did the other night against Viktoria Plzen, when he produced a great performance".

Vinicius Jr., Odriozola and Reguilón

"There are a lot of factors that influence things in football: injuries, suspensions and form. They've done very well in the game time they've had and their youth hasn't been noticeable. They've played at the Bernabéu and in Europe and the weight of responsibility of his shirt hasn't been an issue. That's a source of satisfaction for everyone at the club. The more competition for places there is, the better it is for everyone".

Isco

"We know all about his quality and what a special player he is in his position. He's training hard to get himself in tip-top shape. It's not easy to come back after a delicate operation. We all know that this game is all about training to the best of your ability to get you performing to your best. My job is to name the team and every professional player is perfectly clear on that. I imagine that he's taken it all with a professional attitude".

Keylor Navas

"He's a gentleman and a strong man too, he's reliable and is conducting himself excellently. He's a well-liked figure within the dressing room. We've got a squad of 24 players and he knows that only 11 can play".

3. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Toughest match to date under Solari.

4. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Let's hope that which is the hardest is the easiest.

5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I wonder how much of Courtois starting every match is Solari and not instruction from above..

Anyways, give us three points and no injuries

Deep Pal and Digital repped this.
  6. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Shay Z, natenate101 and nassar_7 repped this.
  7. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India

Zizou 2.0. We are in good hands :)

8. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Nah just think Solari is a smart guy and chooses to play his best goalkeeper.

9. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    City 1 united 0

10. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    MUST WIN tonight. must after Barca lost

11. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Barcelona lost, must win today.

12. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This season we've stumbled every time Barca dropped points. Massive opportunity for us here, let's see if the team has what it takes to get the job done.

13. Castillas

Castillas Member+

May 4, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who, based on current form, is not Courtois.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    If that was the case Navas would be starting every match.

15. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Tough game. I sense a draw. Hopefully I'm wrong and we secure 3 points to narrow the gap

16. kelvinphr

kelvinphr Member+

Aug 23, 2007
    Botswana
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1st game back after a long time being in the village back home. Hoping for a win.

17. kelvinphr

kelvinphr Member+

Aug 23, 2007
    Botswana
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  18. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    If Solari goes on to play a midfield of Casimero, Modric and Kroos well struggle in a big way.

Edit- it looks like he did , what would it take to kill this line up? Bad performances certainly don’t do it.

19. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Dull line up

20. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    I don’t think Navas is better. Navas has been declining for a season and half now.

Yannick Relens and yoanaidarov repped this.
  21. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    That midfield is logical.

Kroos is picking up form
    Casemiro is a no brainer
    Modric rested and ready

Who do you take out of that midfield for what we have? Asensio? Isco? Lol

Edit: I looks like we want to play wider with Lucas starting.

22. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ceballos?

Drouchk and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  23. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Vazquez starting again. Barf.

Yannick Relens repped this.
  24. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    I am hearing from people here they expect this to be a tough game but we just need more flare in the midfield and attack. One of Kroos or Modric should be dropped in favour of an attacking player.

25. AllWhites

AllWhites Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Came to see Vini