Cedar rapids @ chicago

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Fanaddict, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SteveCo repped this.
  2. firesting81

firesting81 Member+

Jan 16, 2001
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    CR-Chicago is turning into one of the best rivalries in the league. Every game is full of physical play, great goals, controversy, intense altercations, and dramatic endings.

Headhunter21 and SteveCo repped this.
  3. SteveCo

SteveCo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chicago is certainly physical, it seems like things get real chippy when the Ambush play them. It seems like at least a couple of our guys get carded every game, their guys also get a card or two. When your team tries to also get physical with Chicago, that plays right into their hands. It is almost always the player who retaliates with a 'frustration foul' that gets called for the violation. It is human nature to 'push back' but players are better off by responding with lots of scores and sharp defensive play. The Ambush could have won two of their games against Chicago this year but couldn't close out in the 4th quarter. Chicago's style works well for them. They are well coached and have good team chemistry. I hope they survive to play another season.

4. KDraw

KDraw Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Cedar Rapids .632 win percentage but not making the playoffs. The penalty for being in the only 5 team division.

5. Headhunter21

Headhunter21 Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and that percentage will go up when Cedar Rapids beats KC this weekend. :)

Mkewavefan10 and SteveCo repped this.
  6. Mkewavefan10

Mkewavefan10 Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would make me a happy wave fan!!!!!

7. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Other than bragging rights, that game doesn't really matter to the Wave. They're already playing Game 2 in Milwaukee (Game 1 is Thursday 3/9 in KC).

Mkewavefan10 repped this.
  8. Headhunter21

Headhunter21 Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    but it does matter as I'm sure the Wave would like to be crowned Central Division champs. That will happen if CR beats KC this weekend, and Milwaukee beats Chicago on March 5. I know that playoff games are already set, but considering where Milwaukee started the season (struggling to find their rhythm), it would be a fitting end to the regular season for them to wrap up the central division title.

Mkewavefan10 and CometsFan repped this.
  9. CometsFan

CometsFan Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Pretty sure it matters to KC too, especially the way they struggled at the beginning of the year too ;)

Headhunter21 repped this.
  10. Sting111

Sting111 Member+

Jan 17, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Well, if it matters, hope that Chicago beats Milwaukee the last game of the season. Pretty sure it doesn't matter though. Really looking forward to watching KC play Milwaukee! I have no ponies in the race. Having watched both teams live on several occasions, both KC and Milwaukee have some real talent. I have Milwaukee as ever so slight favorites. Ian Bennet is such a good player. Should be fun to watch! Just tell the Milwaukee PA guy to keep things at a professional level. Put the focus on what is going on the field.

SteveCo repped this.