CCL - R16: ATL vs Herediano

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by GunnerJacket, Feb 21, 2019.

1. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Well that is underwhelming praise. ;)

I thought Brek Shea's inclusion last night was one of the keys to our turn around (along with Nagbe playing from the opening whistle). His crosses where dangerous leading to a goal in minute one and a ton of other chances there after. He seems quicker and taller than I expected. I look forward to taking advantage of his height as it seems Barco and Pity are going to be winning a lot of dangerous free kicks. Even the missed goal can be forgiven as he made a great run and it was a very tough angle. The only negative moment I can recall is his misplay in the back shortly after missing on the other end. That could have been a disaster.

Overall I thought he had a great evening.

2. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I too am wondering how long LGP can go in this tournament before earning a suspension? I love the guy, but he can be a bit reckless at times, especially when sitting on a yellow with a jaded, card happy, CONCACAF referee. Thank God he will be available for our opener with Monterrey.

3. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    As an aside, it is always nice to see Hernan Medford... he was a great play and a thorn in the USMNT side. Great player.