CCL: Houston Dynamo v. UANL Tigres, Tuesday, March 5

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Mar 3, 2019.

?

Result?

Poll closed Mar 5, 2019.
  1. Dynamo win

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Dynamo tie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dynamo lose

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. It's gonna be cold!

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If only we had a history of games away from BBVA and outside the US to guide us....the series is over.

2. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I literally just read this on twitter.... smh.

My response was hopefully the Oasis Simulator you live will shut down and you can finally see reality

7seven7 and kruck repped this.
  3. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    What an idiot. What exactly are you proud of with regards to the 2019 version of the Houston Dynamo? The team sucks (17/23 in MLS) and the organization is incompetent on every friggin level. They do nothing well and the owner is a slum lord who isn't actively trying to win.

4. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya'll are going out of your way to bash a person for his blind loyalty of a team you support. He doesn't even post here any more. Shit cracks me up......

Don't get me wrong, gets carried away and I don't think there is a chance in hell we're going to get a road result.

palmeiras59, MLSNHTOWN and *rey* repped this.
  5. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I'm still a fan but yea, I find kool-aid drinkers obnoxious. Don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining. It's called having a grip on reality. I wants best for the club and objectively assessing the situation, I recognize it's a real turd sandwich and the franchise is seemingly taking no steps to go in the right direction.

palmeiras59 and *rey* repped this.
  6. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Super fan is part of the problem because I think that FO and sales and social media hipsters think he’s some sort of barometer on the fanbase and reinforces the notion that the fans need to buy more product instead of the club needing to sell a better product.

Go to the Dynamo ticket website and click on single game tickets and look at the available seats for the next 2-3 games - these could be some really low attendance games for MLS regular season in Houston.

7. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    I don't get the hate for this forum. I've been here longer than I would like to admit though so maybe the youngsters prefer something different.

7seven7 repped this.
  8. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I right there with you on being around our Houston threads since we were in the USL forums, then got "promoted" to the MLS Possible Expansion/Relocation forums circa 2003, I as well am glad to have our MLS team.
    With that said, it is I know our market's power in potential that upsets me with how our MLS team is operated and invested in. We are not a Colorado, Utah or Dallas, we are a very large city with lots of people who love this sport, a kickass, downtown Stadium next door to our other city's teams homes, a tremendous youth talent culture for both boys and girls, really we have all the ideal ingredients to make the most powerful MLS team in the league. Problem is victory at all levels is not an obvious goal. It is spoken about, but like Westie mentions there is this notion at our FO that the fans need to buy more product instead of the club needing to sell a better product.
    Look, in a sail boat race, with so many other quality competitors, one cannot control the winds right, thus the race can only be won if your team has the ability to adjust their sails.

9. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are players on Chelsea that earn on their own our entire team. Web fails to mention little caviouts like this when askimg, "Where are the fans for Champions League?" mid week night matches.

11. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that it means a damn thing to any of you talking shit, but Web traveled across borders to support the team in Guatemala while you were back here probably typing some incoherent rant no one worth their weight in water gives a damn about. It's impressive what you clowns will say about another human being given the relative anonymity of the internet.

DonJuego repped this.
  12. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think for most here it was called “working a normal job” instead of going to Guatemala

13. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is the mega theme of interweb cyber fans and those that will go rain or shine for our boys.
    Heck I knew a man that would go support n sing to our U-17's with me n others, in the rain no less. Big, music loving, atheist!

14. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    soooo the goofy shit that comes out of his mouth should never be challenged because he traveled to another country? Sorry Manny, that doesn't correlate as some form of exemption. I'll give him respect for his dedication to watch the team, but his views on the team are ********ed.

15. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm talking about the personal insults. Take it how you want, though.

16. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blow it out your ass, just like everything else you say. My entire group that went - the hell do you think we do for a living?

17. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Work in jobs that dont notice if you are missing for a few days or your absence doesn’t harm the business?

18. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He’s not here to defend himself. Why bring it here at all? And if you mean that expressing optimism about your club even in the face of long odds is goofy than that is quite telling.

19. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    fair enough.

20. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huge difference between expressing optimism which I have done here a lot last year and out right ridiculous statements. I have brought that to him personally and if I ever met him have no problem say the same things on twitter to his face. Having a discussing the issues with this club are all opinions from all of us... I don't get mad. I am also very realistic about our chances. Man United faced the same odds and came out winners against PSG.... the only difference is talent. Yes, miracles happen and i'm hoping for one, because we will need one against a team far better than us.

7seven7 repped this.
  21. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Web Tilton knows the odds, and know the relative qualities of the teams. As well as you if not better.

22. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not talking about odds.... I've had conversations on the wild comparisons he throws out wondering why Houston isn't seeing the same results attendance wise.

What does knowing more than the other person have to do with anything? I don't have conversations about this team to win nor do I do it in all conversations that deal with differences of opinion... I'd rather understand the other persons position.

23. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I was really the only one who voted the Dynamo would lose before this thing began? ... come on now y'all..

24. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could post about 75% of Web’s Dynamo tweets here just to poke fun at the insanity and derangement but it’s redundant at this point. I almost wonder if he’s on some sort of paid social media commission plan with the Dynamo.

There’s a small group of vocal/active social media Dynamo supporters that seem oblivious to the path that the team and ownership is on in this market and imploring people to buy tickets because “Tigres fans said we were good” is comical.