CCL Group B [R]

Discussion in 'CONCACAF Champions Cup' started by Nerroth, Sep 5, 2008.

1. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Only one of your statements is true lol

2. theleftside

theleftside Member

May 29, 2007
    Yuma AZ/Oxnard CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You obviously didn't watch Pumas vs Houston at the Universitario as their attacker ran through the exact same spot where Stuart Holden was laying on the ground hurt after a clear hard foul that wasnt even seen by the ref and assisting Paco Palencia.

3. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Cry more, not even Dynamo fans made such statements

4. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    dont bring up that guy who faked his injury. he was up and then fell back down when the attack started.

i already stated this.

5. theleftside

theleftside Member

May 29, 2007
    Yuma AZ/Oxnard CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Faked an injury? He got subbed off just minutes later.

I still have the game saved here too. Would you like a copy?

6. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    sure he was hurt, and he was getting up, when he saw pumas on the attack, he fell back down.

7. theleftside

theleftside Member

May 29, 2007
    Yuma AZ/Oxnard CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You really dont know what you're talking about do you?

I just watched the replay.
    Holden never got up, he stayed on the ground all those 8 seconds it took Pumas to recover the ball and score through the gap Holden left after he received a studs up challenge to his hamstring; Again, a clear foul that wasn't even called by the ref.
    Holden was taken off the field after Pumas scored, he tried to continue, until he realized he couldn't and got subbed off minutes later.

I dont see where this "fake" part you say happened.

8. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    geez dude

your talking about different games.
    i was mentioning the DCU game, where their defender fell.

The Houston vs Dynoma en CU their own team(houston) was playing around with the ball, when their player was down(holden i guess) so Pumas continued.

typical excuses from MLSers. lol

9. theleftside

theleftside Member

May 29, 2007
    Yuma AZ/Oxnard CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well done.
    Why would I be talking about DC? We're in Group B here. Besides you were the one who posted this.

How am I making excuses?

You mentioned Houston being dirty. I just gave my opinion by saying Pumas was worse and gave that Pumas play as one of my reasons why I've come to that choice.
    What are your reasons?

Again, you obviously don't know what you're talking about...
    Holden won a ball only to get hit a millisecond later, the ball went toward Waibel which had his back toward Holden, Pumas would proceed to pressure and take the ball away from Waibel, afterwards running through the same gap where Holden was laying on the ground in obvious pain...and scoring. The whole play from Holden's tackle to Pumas steal took about 6 seconds. Not enough time for even the ol' Galacticos of Real Madrid to "play with the ball" as you call it.

10. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chiquitibum, I think you're mixing up what happened between Cruz Azul/D.C. with happened in CU between UNAM/Dynamo. Stuart was not getting up nor did he fall back down when the attack was coming, the ball didn't leave that half of the field after that nasty tackle. The injury was not a fake, he was subbed off immediately...you're getting your incidents mixed up.

11. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yeah there were 2 incidents
    the DCU one, where he got up then fell down (another thread)

then the Dynamo one

so it was holden he goes down right, the ball still in Dynamo posession, some tall dude tries to advance down the field. he gets owned. That is the mistake, he shouldve stopped play. UNAM gets the ball and takes it for the goal.

i have no issues with that, Dynamo thought they had the chance to go on the attack and leave holden down for a bit, but he lost it immediately. shouldve kicked it out but he got greedy.

12. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever helps you sleep at night...The fact is that instead of just admitting that you got it wrong and mixed up the two separate incidents you make up some other of excuse to help out your own self-serving bias.

13. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    dont need help sleeping, just stating the facts.

i thought MLS wanted to emulate EPL and be tough, and i thought they ridicule Mex teams for diving all the time.

get up and tough it out!

14. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have an odd perception of "facts". I don't know about MLS "emulating" England, you might get that from the Euro-knob lickers, but I'm Mexican. Though there is more diving in primera, i'd rather have a balance between the technical and tactical style in el padre patria , and the physical grit and hustle seen in MLS. So I'm not sure who this "they" is that you're reffering to. As far as "getting up and toughing it out", let's be honest, that's like an MLS fan telling a primera fan that they need to bemore tactical. It's bull, man.

15. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i know htere is more diving in primera. I refer to MLS and its fans as hating on Diving mexicans (take for instance waibel and his antics) as well as SA countires diving.

then when they dont tough it out and Pumas puts in a golazo you guys whine and cry.

play hurt, quit being a wimpy soccer player.

if your gonna dive do it right. lol

16. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a flaw in your logic though, many rag on primera for diving yet you're ragging on holden for not playing hurt? That's kind of backwards, don't you think? Holden's injury was no dive, compa...they guy was subbed out and we lost him for the next game. had it been a dive then you'd have an argument...it wasn't, you don't.

17. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    if he was so hurt then dynamo players shouldve kicked it out. its your own fault.

18. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you have it recorded/dvr'd? Because the replay doesn't show the play from the tackle. Maybe my memory doesn't serve me right, but seem to recall the possession shifting directly after the holden tackle and being passed back by pumas, who came up the sideline and cut in to use the downed holden to gain leverage. If I'm wrong, that's fine...but i think you're just being obtuse.

19. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ok i aint doubting he was really hurt, but if you have the ball, then kick it out.

i have it recorded in my mind

20. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember there wasn't much space to clear it forward w/o possibly conceding possession to UNAM (which happened anyways, incidentally). If you can't prove what you're claiming then why bring it up? If you have it so well recorded in your head, then how did you so easily mix it up with the DC/CA incident? You brought it up after all. I guess humility and accepting you're wrong, or could be potentially wrong isn't your forte. Can we just agree to disagree? The reason I don't bring it up is because i accept that my memory is a bit cloudy and i could be wrong, you however give off an impression of being blatantly beef-headed.

21. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    dude you want to take this outside. lol

the dude tried to body off the smaller UNAM player, he thought he had the ball well protected. he didnt think he would lose it. It was a hard fought and good ball recovery play.

22. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trust, me, you wouldn't want that.

I tell you what, when you no longer are mixing up two completely different happenings on different dates, maybe we can continue. I don't think either of us is going to convince the other, so again, let us agree to disagree.

23. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    were not talking about the DCU match.

catch up.

anyways, Dynamo got pwned in their own stadium by pikolin no less

nuff said

24. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right we weren't...you were.

Yes that was a fantastic goal. OMGZ he pwnd youz LOLZORZ!
    Nothing left in your logic-less cranium i see. nice way to drive your point, chavo.

25. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    dont cry about it dude.

gosh

:D