Cazzarri IN! - The Other Teams of Serie A Part II

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #2726 Sacki, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    they sold salah for 42 mill or something and according to a recent article he is worth 60-65 million by today's standard... dont even get me started on Manolas. Paredes seemed like the type of player who could do whatever job the coach asked of him. 3 players who are hard to replace . I think they'll struggle and will probably ******** up in Europe again.

Retrosword repped this.
  2. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    EDF did decent in EL with Sassuolo until the wheels fell off and they had a lot of injuries and they crashed out in the groups.

Manolas might stay apparently he didn't show up for his medical lmao

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  3. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Selling manolas paredes and salah is akin to us selling k2 diawara and insigne. Monchi may have his plans but you cant call replacing the core of the team good business for whatever price, and i still think they sold for way too little esp manolas who i rate highly

4. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hate Vargas so much....

Sacki repped this.
  5. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL. No it's not.

6. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Why not? You don't deem those players to be part of the core of your team? Because if anything the players I listed for us are much more valuable

7. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our strength is in our midfield and that's our core. I would be much more concerned if we had lost Strootman, Ninja or DDR, etc.

I'm not saying that it's not a hole that needs to be filled or they were not important players (although I would argue Paredes isn't that much of a loss when you consider we have already more than replaced him) but it's not as dramatic as losing 3 of our top 5 players. Only Salah could be argued (top 5 Roma player) to be in that conversation as it pertains to Roma.

8. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Losing paredes, a good prospect, isn't a good piece of business even if he hasn't broken into the team yet. Your midfield is the most important part of your team but a core can be extended past that, especially through a different perspective. Isnt Manolas the heart of your defence, and don't you consider him unsellable because of that? He was a bit iffy during periods but many times he seemed to be the only one giving a damn when de rossi was getting sent off etc. I'm surprised Manolas isnt as highly regarded as I thought he was amongst Roma fans, helping you forget about benatia and marquinhos too

9. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as those two.

Manolas is fine and if he stays great but Manolas has not developed into the complete player his potential suggested.

10. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I never really saw much of him this season but in the season before he was your standout defender, an athlete that read the game well but needed to improve his technique on the ball. His game against Napoli when he shut out Higuain made me think he had what it takes to be a great defender. I assumed his ball playing skills have improved under Spalletti so surprised he's considered expendable. Also don't you think the value you're getting is way too low, we are rejecting monstrous offers for koulibaly (and rightly so imo) so seeing manolas being sold for so low is baffling to say the least

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  11. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Manolas didn't show up in Russia, he must not want to be a fennel with Mankini

12. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Roma makes the CL sells all their players like Udinese lol

BobanFan repped this.
  13. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    So Juventus got a new logo... its shit but it got me thinking that maybe just maybe Napoli can get a new logo that isnt just an N.

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  14. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I wish they would bring the horse back....go back to our roots..

Sacki repped this.
  15. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Milan got stronger, Juve got weaker and Roma got weaker. We barely got stronger (depth)

phat repped this.
  16. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    The New Milan will play their first competitive game in the Europa League in a few hours. I don't think they have to worry about FFP until next year. Probably a diminished team but I'll try to catch a few minutes here and there.

17. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
  18. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Roma look garbage. Their centre midfield is very physical but they lack creativity and are horrible at the back. Why they got rid of Spaletti is beyond me.

I am sure they will be humiliated in CL.

JCNapoli17 repped this.
  19. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    It's pretty much going to have to be living and dying off Perrotti and Nainggolan for Roma. Perhaps another player can rise to the top and take the creative load.

Fazio kept thinking because he is Argentinean he played for Inter, so kept passing to them.

Spalletti to Inter was our Mazzarri situation. He was leaving either way.

cipro and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  20. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Thoughts from Tuesday

Roma will be a tough team to score on this year... they are pretty solid defensively, they still look like they will live and die off Perrotti and Nainggolan... perrotti carved up atletico a few times only to dive unfortunately.

Juve have a shitty midfield and Higuain looks like a lump now. Pretty much Dybala and the plumbers now, and they don't look like they are as great on defense as they once were.

Still early though!

21. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Common atletico ripped them open so many times, they looked worse than Juve. Alisson and poor finishing saved them from an ass whooping inside their own stadium. They missed an empty goal in the last minute too, Roma's luck was crazy. They should aim for 3rd and try winning europa

Euphorius Thor repped this.
  22. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Well I don't know. To me it feels like Napoli has to show something tonight in order to save the face of the Italian teams in the CHL. Juventus was a disaster yesterday, but Roma were even worse. It was only their excessive luck that prevented them from losing. They were slow, ineffective, and almost always wide of the mark. To be honest, I haven't seen a team that I'd more rather call inert than yesterday's Roma, indeed, I haven't seen one in a long time...

23. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Roma have had a very disruptive few weeks. With a new manager and players still learning his tactics of course you're going to look weak against at this point, it's fair to call a seasoned veteran in Madrid.

Regards saving the face of Italian football, save the hyperbole in match day 1. Gees

24. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I agree, however, I had anticipated how people would react before I wrote my post. I simply judge the matter according to how most people and the media tend to perceive these matters.

25. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Roma are off to a slow start but I won't count them out