Cauldron location at CAB

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by KCRovert, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    The diagram in the ticket brochure includes a disclaimer reading: "Preliminary seating plan. Subject to change."

2. wz187

wz187 Member

Aug 30, 2006
    No way the cauldron could make it through a season without injury on the berm. It has to be the bleachers.

3. wz187

wz187 Member

Aug 30, 2006
    There is no need for there to only be just one supporter section. We could split in two if needed.

4. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the berm for baseball, but not so much for soccer. I can barely stand on level ground half the time anyway. I'm gonna be the one who slips and falls at the top of that thing and does a "Homer Simpson-style roll" down the hill and takes out a ton of people.

I've been very self-conscience of my "falling down" ever since the Colorado road trip when I fell backwords in the stands and got beer all over those Rapids fans :)D).

So I would vote "No" for the berm.

5. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Definitely for option A over option B. Even if you did terrace and hand rail the berm, you still have to deal with weather making the area all but a mudslide.

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    but we'd like to keep the group as 1 I would think for visual purposes and keeping the group together on chants.

7. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree completely.

Although.....I could certainly see the Cauldron being in Option A, with a "sub-group" at the top of Option B, right below/infront of Option A. In that situation, Option B would be a GA section, and people could stand in there and still be a part of the Cauldron....to an extent.

8. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i disagree about not getting into the keepers head as much the bleacher are pointed out towards the whole stadium, field, players, and fans...everyone will hear us whether they want to or not

plus
    more room to grow
    on tv

9. rainbowwigwizard

rainbowwigwizard New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    I think the grass berm is not feasible for the Cauldron, especially when we add the Argentinians into the mix. The main Cauldron section needs to be on bleachers, but we could plan to have a group that will volunteer to sit on the berm and participate in the chants and throw streamers etc. on the goal.

10. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    Option A, hands down. The berm without terracing is a problem just begging to happen.

11. toritoritorrence

toritoritorrence New Member

Sep 26, 2007
    the LX
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    uuuh i know how you feel. since the last chivas game when i "slipped" on some flags underneath me and did a windmill-style fall, luckily someone caught me, and i heard people saying "man she is wasted!"

so for me as well, the berm would not be such a good idea.

but dear me is the price right! i wonder if they would take an IOU for season tickets for bleachers.

12. Masfaygo

Masfaygo Member

Jan 22, 2003
    Kansas City
    did anyone get pictures with a view from these locations???

13. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Due to the short time frame of knowing about the meeting, I wasn't able to get home and get my camera. But the views aren't bad for what they are (baseball stadium views). Both are right in that corner, the very front of the berm will be on field level right behind the goal pretty much, going all the way back to that corner flag, and due to the dimensions of the field, the corner taker will basically be looking right at those people at the front of the section. The bleachers will be up higher and give a fuller view of the entire field, but still allow access for streamer throwing at corner takers.

14. Kot Matroskin

Kot Matroskin Member+

Aug 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Option A.

As it stands today, Option B is just not a viable -- too dangerous.

15. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    18$ might be a tougher sell as a season ticket or for people to pick up extras. I bought 3 last year, but I'll probably cut that back to 1.5-2. At 150, I could buy 4. I'm guessing we lose some season tickets with the bleachers, but we might be losing just as many to people who don't want to stand on the incline.

I think the berm would be a blast, even with a bum knee, but I can see why some people are nervous about it.

16. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with you on the money thing... Season tickets for the berm are $150, while the bleacher tickets are $324. Are the bleachers at Option A *really* $174 better than the grass 30-50 feet away? (Seems to me that the view would be about the same, except for the elevation.)

The berm sucks for the Cauldron. At the same time, I don't see how the Cauldron will continue to grow like it did last season if the seats aren't GA.

17. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And that's the entire debate we kept going back and forth on last night.

18. DirtyStriker

DirtyStriker Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Basehor, KS
  19. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As posted back on page 1:

20. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
  21. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A safety concern, yes. Not concerned about wear.

22. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I don't get why they would open it up to a standing section if they're worried about it then?

25. DirtyStriker

DirtyStriker Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Basehor, KS
    I didn't mean complete concrete though. An area like that wouldn't need to be turned into a second picnic area, it could work just fine used for sitting on the ground or how they could us it at Creighton by bringing camping chairs. Just an idea.
    Here's a link to a picture to what I was thinking, hopefully the link works this time.
    http://www2.creighton.edu/fileadmin/user/ADA/images/Morrison_Stadium/soccer_3.jpg