Captain, Leader, Gentleman, Legend: The Per Mertesacker Tribute Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Tonerl, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    daedalus and DaPrince84 repped this.
  2. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i love dude. he's limited but knows his limitation and works within its framework well.

3. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even though he's on the squad still, I've really missed his presence on the field this year. But don't count him out just yet. With the mounting injuries in our back line, and depending on how much there is to play for in the league, we might just see him play a few times in the run-in.

One of my very best Per memories is the 2017 FA Cup Final. His choice in our XI, after a long layoff, was widely panned. Then he pulled off a MOTM performance. Perfect way to shut up the haters.

4. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well my hopes for Per playing a key role in our run-in were dashed. I still think we might've done a bit better if he'd partnered either Kos or Mustafi a few times in the Spring. But at least he was able to make a well-deserved cameo in front of our home fans today. And then to be given a little part in the farewell ceremony.

I know he's supposed to be coaching the youth, but maybe he can find some time to tutor our new Big Fvckin Grecian on positioning. :)

THANK YOU PER... I hope you stay with the club... you're a good egg.

Romfordray and maskito repped this.