PBP: Capital One Cup, Round of 16: Stoke City F.C. v. Chelsea F.C.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Brock Hannsen, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    There's nothing unlucky about sucking and not being able to fashion meaningful goalscoring opportunities... we can't "catch a break" because we aren't any good. All those breaks got caught 2nd half of last season when we got away with crap play over and over and over again (Lol'ing at how many times I got called negative only to see this shit continue).

Who is our top scorer right now? Willian and his FKs or own goals? That doesn't sound like bad luck to me it sounds like we are a team in absolutely dire form. This lot couldn't form an attack or get a counter going to save its ********ing life.

2. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Look, I get the sentiment that the team hasn't been good enough. And especially that there was a lot of really bad play last season. And we did catch a lot of breaks last season. We also got some completely crap calls that fortunately didn't turn out to matter and the team was able to fight through them. Most importantly the team shouldn't have to rely on luck. With every comment I've said about luck, I've been careful to include that that doesn't negate the bad things happening. But it's hard to look at some of these games individually and not think that the game of margins has been overwhelmingly going against the team. Making the results and overall play look worse than it is. The team was crap early in the season. But they actually HAVE shown improvement. The team has hit the bar like 5 times in the last two games and had a goal disallowed wrongly for offside. While opponents get rewards for every chance they get.

3. cokeyounut

cokeyounut Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Currently studying abroad in Italy with atrocious wifi and no television so just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the commentary and updates or else I would barely be able to keep up with matches and team news this season. Hard to believe what's going on, but it seems I've picked the ideal half a season to miss. Going to the Kiev game at the bridge next week over my fall break so hopefully I can bring a little luck

4. eusebiomor

eusebiomor Member

Jan 13, 2015
    I do not get it, why Mourinho insist on play with the same squad every single weekend when is obvious that the results doesn't came along, theses squad needs rotation, there is a plenty of players that haven't been try at least, I'd like to see Kennedy, Baba, Loftus-Cheek, Remy on the field, I'm tired to see the same substitutions, the same systems failling and falling again.