Canadian Premier league

Dieses Thema im Forum 'Canada' wurde von mikehurst21 gestartet, 3 Februar 2016.

1. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    19 April 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  2. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    3 Februar 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I recognize brothers Navid and Adel Rahman from Pro Stars FC. They have played for Komarro in the Slovakian 2nd tier then Achilles'29 of the Dutch 4th tier. They were back for Pro Stars earlier this season to renew their Canadian passports to I believe try out for the Pakistani national team.

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports18/18l1o117.htm

Also forward Kiril Dimitrov who this year has seen spot duty for Unionville-Milliken. (He's also player/manager for Scarborough SC of the outlawed CSL...also years with Serbian White Eagles). Only problem is I believe he's 37. http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports18/18l1o135.htm

Not bad for League 1 Ontario players....wait until the tryouts actually hit Ontario!

also just noticed defender Daniel Whyte plays for North Mississauga Panthers http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports18/18l1o043.htm

Also watched this on James Cordon's talk show a few weeks ago: https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8473796/late-late-show-paula-abdul-laker-girl-tryout-straight-up-performance-watch the story of how she was cut without getting to dance, went to the bathroom and changed outfits, came back and made the squad. [this was a joke reply to another forum about why someone couldn't try out at each tryout across the country--if they had enough money].

Unak78 gefällt dies.
  3. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    3 Februar 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    That All-Star game was against the Aurora Football Club alumni team so mostly 40s I'd estimate and a few 50s. Aurora had a roster of twenty guys and the All-Stars had five on the bench. Two 30 minute halfs with unlimited subbing.

I had the All-Stars Terry Dunfield and Andrew Ornoch scoring in the first half, then in the second half Jimmy Brennan and the guy wearing #19 (not listed) for a 4-0 lead and then Aurora's #8 scored two minutes before the end. So 4-1.

I hope they don't wear those green numbers on white shirts in real games as they're hard to see at a distance.

All their as advertised except Craig Forrest and James Sharman. As they're both broadcasters, if someone watched soccer at home this morning, did the EPL games go on extra long today and they couldn't make it?

York 9 of course had a strong presence from their fleet of vehicles strategically parked near the attendance gate and the parking gate, signage everywhere, the 'Degeneration IX' guys and their banners, Aurora children with noisemakers cheering for their coaches playing for the All-Star team, a well stocked merchandise stand, and a local radio station 105.9 'The Region' that answered me that they play music and so won't be broadcasting games on the radio. They have the olive and black colours of York 9 but the guy said they've been on the air five years so it's just a coincidence. Of course I'm hallucinating every time I drive west of Yonge Street and see those 'Green For Life' garbage trucks.

Most important was the attendance...I thought there were more than 300 there before I left. There was scheduled to be more games and partying after that but I left to watch a L1O game as soon as this game ended.

crazypete13 gefällt dies.
  4. Kingston

Kingston Member+

6 Oktober 2005
    The league has stated it prefers to start next year with eight teams but can go with seven. I know they mentioned a couple of markets that might be ready to jump in as team eight given Ottawa's unexpected failure to fill that spot. With other teams already trialing players, has the league given any indication as to when they will make a decision on this? I totally get the desire to open with eight teams but, if I was the owner of a team that had been planning to join in 2020, I wouldn't want to rush things too much if it meant not opening properly.

Unak78 gefällt dies.
  5. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    19 April 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  6. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    19 April 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Macron - CPL kit deal all but confirmed

7. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    19 April 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The commissioner is supposed to update us on the league every 2 weeks. We should learn more this week.

8. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    19 April 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Better rendering if the York 9 Lion Stadium at York University in North York

IMG_20180924_201240.jpg

9. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    19 April 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Montreal Impact being a "Regional phenomenon"?

Debunking now:
    They aren't watched on TV, I doubt Vancouver numbers are any better. TFC should be proportionally similar.

Everyone agrees that the most fun you'll have is going to the stadium and watch a game, but they aren't watch on TV.

People don't follow MLS outside of their teams...except when they are winning. Little to no rivalries, little Canadian content and mainly an American league. I think CPL can excel in those areas. As for the quality, doesn't seem to convince that many people...

10. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    3 Februar 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The Montreal trials. Into the second day.

I notice Basel Rashrash from Unionville-Milliken. Quite a coup if he makes it joining Kiril Dimitrov from successful Halifax trials.

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports18/18l1o150.htm

How many players from League 1 Ontario will get through when the trials get to Hamilton and Toronto?

Why does the league have to chase Irish and Ivory Coast trialists for their stories? Do their struggles beat Canadians?

11. Kingston

Kingston Member+

6 Oktober 2005
    This will be an interesting thing to watch. It will give an indication of the level of both L1O and of the CPL.

My guess is that by highlighting foreign trialists the league is hoping to appear bigger. "Hey, look! People are coming from all over the world to try out with us!" It perhaps sounds better than, "Hey, this guy from the suburbs of Fredericton tried out for our league." PR is PR.

Unak78 gefällt dies.
  12. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    19 April 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    #2237 Robert Borden, 28 September 2018
    Last edited: 28 September 2018

13. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    3 Februar 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    crazypete13 gefällt dies.
  14. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    19 April 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    According to this Montreal blog who was at the CPL Montreal tryouts, the team's budget being discussed were $8M.

15. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    19 April 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  16. Expansion Franchise

Chattanooga FC
    United States
    7 April 2018
  17. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    3 Februar 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I was just looking at who passed to the second day of tryouts in Hamilton. (58) I thought there'd be more L1O guys.

def Kyle Walton, mid Justin Stoddart and Christian Samaniego, and forward Daniel Jodah

all from Sigma! hmm and Bobby S has been in charge for how many days?

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports18/18l1o135.htm

Here's a game report from earlier this summer where they were all on the Sigma lineup and Kiril Dimitrov from Unionville Milliken (and the CSL Scarborough FC) who passed the Halifax tryouts.

Atif (Hamud) Ali defender for Sanjaxx Lions (and the CSL Scarborough FC)

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports18/18l1o136.htm

Jared St Thomas goalie for OSUF (Ottawa)

I also see the name of defender Daniel Whyte. He is from North Mississauga SC but I read that he passed the Halifax tryouts so why would he try again? Even Paula Abdul wouldn't do that!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So final day and all the names I mentioned passed to training day invites except Christian Samaniego of Sigma but suddenly Charlie Anagho-Ntamark from Sigma who wasn't mentioned as a first day pass made it through to get a training camp invite.

18. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    19 April 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    For those who wants an idea of the pricing for CPL

19. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    19 April 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  20. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

7 Mai 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    This is not true - all they need is good press for their STH drive, not all hockey players are soccer supporters or even interested in this.

21. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    19 April 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Not saying they should solely rely on hockey players and local celebrities but that would be a clever way to spend marketing cash

22. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    3 Februar 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Q & A with TFC's Bill Manning and Tim Bezbatchenko with TFC season seat holders held before yesterday's TFC vs Vancouver game.
    46 minutes of audio BUT a possible change of attitude to Can Prem League as an answer to my question at the 36 minute mark.

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports18/18tfc045.htm

23. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    19 April 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  24. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea