Can Anyone suggest a means for cheap airfare?

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by tkgunn, Dec 11, 2005.

1. tkgunn

tkgunn Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NJ
    I am planning on flying out of Newark/NYC on the 10th, into Amsterdam. Coming back on the 25th. Cheapest flight we have found is around 850. Rep or Beer if anyone can help.

2. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Are you talking about in June? If so, honestly, that isn't a bad price...

3. tkgunn

tkgunn Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NJ
    Yes sorry, this is for the world cup. I'm starting to realize that we might just have to book that fare tomorrow.

4. Sagz

Sagz Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Cbus
    I just bought my tickets today, through continental. From columbus ohio to cologne. It was a shade over 2k for 2 round trip tickets. We are connecting in NJ. I think the flight from Jersey alone is a little over 800bucks a person round trip. Im flying June 9th and coming back the 24th. The flight I got is the cheapest I could find from Columbus. Also continental has a 6mo same as cash thing going on if you buy your tickets before the end of the month. That was a real good bonus imo, there was no application needed.

5. 5446

5446 New Member

Nov 23, 1998
    Brooklyn, NY
    I just booked my ticket on Singapore Air. Top-class airline and it was $756 return from NY-Frankfurt. The ticketing agent on the telephone said that many people had booked in the last few days. There were only eight more seats left on my outgoing leg.

6. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I used United frequent flyer miles (50,000) and paid the $57 taxes fee. There were a lot of blackout dates, though-- I'll be arriving in Frankfurt at 9AM the day of the Czech Republic game.

7. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    For those in Vegas, Orlando or Ft. Meyers, check this site out

http://www7.condor.com/tcf/us/index.jsp

RT to Frankfurt from Vegas 6/8 thru 7/2 $711 (Taxes included!) I just need to get a cheap flight from Denver to LAS (SWA here I come!!)

www.ltu.com if you are in NY or LAX. Hope this helps. Good luck :)