Cameroonian Gold Diggers and Nigerian Princes from Munich - Transfers & Rumors Thread #6

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MerlinRM, Jul 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Its not really as if Morata's NT spot is in jeopardy. He has a good scoring record with them and his main competition Diego Costa is also going to be our for half the season if he goes to Atletico. Plus another year CR7 ages, another year he gets rested even more. James is also gone. I think Morata plays even more minutes this season if he stays.

2. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Lol, our squad is starting to remind me of this scene in Enter the Dragon

Deep Pal and dolohovs repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Never mind the fact that he is miserable with the national team and basically only shoehorned in because he "did Spain the favour" of chosing them over Brazil.

4. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Brings me joy every time I watch him with the NT :D

5. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Lets be honest, costa is in the squad to make alba's antics look not that bad...

CivilProtection and Shay Z repped this.
  6. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #6 fierro, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    I don't. I think Bale is finally going to get healthy this year, or healthy and productive enough to keep the BBC, 4-3-3, and Morata, Isco, and Asencio glued to the bench.

While I agree about Ronaldo should be getting rest and having diversity in our attack, he's gonna play so long as the BBC are available, we aren't breaking up that trio and he's sure as hell not going to be "upstaged" by anyone and fall to "second" in the clubs goals scoring charts.

While I like Morata and wish he would stay, just like James, I think he is going to become incredibly frustrated and should already know that only a serious injury to one of the BBC is going to open the door to a starting position no matter how well he plays or poor they do because they are going to do enough stat padding against minnows to justify their place.

7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They made us pay 32 ME plus VAT last time for Illarra. I don't expect these Spanish clubs to give us a fair deal. Honestly, don't see the point of spending big on a young RB when Hakimi is touted as one of the best prospects to have come out of Castilla. He was ripping apart the likes of Dortmund in UEFA Youth League.

-Reivax-, raven3k, Shay Z and 2 others repped this.
  8. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    #8 MadridForever, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    Florentino Perez and Jose Angel Sanchez are very far from being stupid. We have to know all the details of the agreement between Bayern and Real Madrid before be very negative about it.

1 - James is the third Real Madrid's player in incomes from advertising endorsements. The last season he earned from advertising endorsements 12 Millions € according to Forbes http://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2017/07/05/595cc99e468aeb55158b4605.html If he earned 12M from advertising endorsements, Real Madrid also earned 12 Millions because Real Madrid receive the same money than James from advertising endorsements. The player and Real Madrid share the incomes from advertising endorsements.

2 - We don't know the bonus clauses of the agreement. It seems that Bayern will pay Real Madrid at least 5 Millions each season. But we could receive 5 millions more if James is starter more than 30 games or if Bayern win the Bundesliga, or if he scores more than 10 goals, etc, ... Maybe we could receive easily 5 extra Millions or even more each season.

So our incomes could be near of 15-25 Millions each season plus 35 Millions if Bayern want to buy him. That means 65-85 Millions. And we are saying that is a bad agreement when maybe is a very good agreement.

-Reivax-, S1na, raven3k and 10 others repped this.
  9. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    It was clear he was going to be on his way, I just didn't expect it to be for such a silly loan and purchase option. I hoped to see the club reinvest whatever we made from him into another star such as Mbappe.

Hopefully he succeeds enough to get Bayern to trigger the purchase option.

Deep Pal repped this.
  10. Marius abessolo

Apr 25, 2017
    They are saying mbappe has decided to stay at monaco for 1 more year and will sign a one year extension with a higher salary estimated at 720.000 euros a week with 13% tax in monaco he going to earn a lot mote than here.

Source RMC.

11. Marius abessolo

Apr 25, 2017
    Listening to a program about the mercato and mostly french players they are saying mbappe brought is mum over to monaco to live with him so the decision is to stay at monaco but it could all change if the team isn't as strong as last year.

Knowing that she is for her son to come here,we should definitely try and convince her even more.

12. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    720k per week would mean nearly 29 million per year. He would be highest paid football player in the World ( excluding lunatics in China ). Either Monaco has joined MUTD trippin on LSD or you have added extra zero into the number.

For example, Ronaldo is netting nearly 20 million per year after tax.

13. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006

Are there any reports of #2 or is that just pure hope? Do we still necessarily receive the advertising endorsement money for loanees?

You can't really count the 35ME option granted to Bayern because that is purely a benefit for them, it does nothing for us. It just acts a ceiling for how much we can make on James.

For a 5 ME per year loan (remembering Faubert was 1.5 mil for a half season in 2009), the only possible explanation is that James was desperate for a top CL team and Perez is steadfast in treating his top players (at least the non-spiteful ones) well. That works well for him in attracting talent, but has cost us at times like this and when we gave those bloated lifetime contracts to Casillas, Raul and Guti. Hopefully doesn't come back to bite us in either CL or Bayern making money selling him on.

meringues, Doni, Shay Z and 3 others repped this.
  14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    RMC also said City and Madrid bid 135 ME few weeks ago. Not reliable.

15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    "Nigerian Prince died and left you an inheritance, Florentino. Send us James to claim your share."

CR7PT, temesgen, -Reivax- and 14 others repped this.
  16. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm so pissed for some reason. :(

Damn, I don't even know if I want James to fail or succeed.

Deep Pal and Excape Goat repped this.
  17. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I still have hopes that he will return in two years.... probably not going to happen.

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    If it happens it means James' career has fallen off a cliff. Not good for us either.

9Qui repped this.
  19. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He could fall off the cliff with Bayern.... and return as the GOAT. I still have a slim hope..... a slim one.

Deep Pal repped this.
  20. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So... just to keep this on the first page. Transfer rumours that are picking up steam:

- James Rodriguez to Bayern: Confirmed
    - Kovacic to Tottenham: Rumour
    - Dani Ceballos to Real Madrid: Rumour
    - Davison Sanchez to Real Madrid: Rumour
    - Danilo to Chelsea: Rumour
    - Alvaro Morata to Chelsea: Rumour
    - Kylian Mbappe to Real Madrid: Rumour

21. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Get Davinson so Crimson has a new Colombian to hate on

sleepyvato50 repped this.
  22. Marius abessolo

Apr 25, 2017
    I think that if lemar and mendy then mbappe too would think about leaving and with his mum who wants him to come here,we could be in with a good chance.

23. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Who is Davinson?
    I also read on twitter that another La Liga team is pushing hard to sign Lucas .

24. jgun07

jgun07 Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Illadelph
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wish I could rep this every time I read it from now until the thread is closed! Kudos!

25. jgun07

jgun07 Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Illadelph
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Central defender at Ajax, looks a decent prospect, word was he had an offer from Barca last summer but went to Ajax instead, supposedly they're still interested but found out the money they saved from cutting toilet paper supplies at Camp Nou wouldn't cover it.

Digital, S1na, Zidane05 and 3 others repped this.