Calling up Nationalized players?

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by crzdcolombian, Nov 6, 2013.

1. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Interesting. I don't even think it's close, rossi is working his way back onto that team but he is not their star.

I would play for wherever I could make the biggest difference, because I love all three of my nationalities. My kid will have four to pick from!

2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Italy has no strikers man . It's pretty sad. Mario is a sub for Milan sometimes. Italy is Italy. But still they are going into a generational change that's not going to well.
    Haha I can play for 4 teams (Italy,us, Israel and Colombia)I think Israel would take me because I am technically Jewish with a real Jewish last name like Cohen. At the end of the day there is only Colombia been the team I supported since I was 4. Tho I was at the WC final that year. My godfather got us all Baggio uniforms before the game and then threw them away when Italy lost haha. My cousins always tell me the story.

3. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think I would choose who I feel more culturally attached too, especially with soccer. I feel more accustomed to the U.S lifestyle, but everything I love about soccer comes from my love for Colombia. I grew up watching the team, idolizing its players, even praying for results. I identify soccer with Colombia and that will never change no matter how good or bad we are.

Now basketball, I learned to love here and I grew up idolizing American players. I think that if I was a huge superstar, it would be hard to choose Colombia over the U.S

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    haha that is like the people here who like the NY Giants, Yankees, but like the Boston Bruins and Celtics.... just being a bit an opportunist there haha.

5. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not really. U.S has been to more world cups and has gone further than Colombia, but I just like Colombia better. It's in my heart. IF i was an opportunist, wouldn't I root for the U.S rather than suffer through the last 3 world cups? That doesn't mean I would take Colombia over U.S in everything.

6. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    if i were a big futbol star and colombia and the us nt called me up, i will chose colombia.only because i am more culturally connected to colombia, i have traveled to colombia almost every year and also i don't think the US would really give a shit about me or how good i am lol at least thats what it think ..but if colombia won the world cup they will probably call me a traitor lol

pepinointer repped this.