CAFF Thread

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by druryfire, Jun 9, 2014.

1. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Yeah -

early days for CAFF Championships, especially with the extended qualifiers, most teams will just want to focus on the important games.

2. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    I highly doubt it is a tournament most likely just a few friendlies. There isnt enough time to organize a caff championship before wcq's start in june and teams will most likely want to focus on those games anyways. If the cup is this year then probably in july or august. One conflict that arises is that most of the 6 countries of the caff have cold climates in winter months so it will be difficult to organize anything in november-february. I think the south of Iran, Khuzestan, is the only central asia area that is not cold in the winter (other than Afghanistan but I dont think they will be able to host unfortunately).

3. Jcc21

Jcc21 Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I dont think this sub federation was made primarily for tournaments or matches. I had been hearing from the early and mid 2000's that Iran increasingly wanted to separate from the west asian arab footballing nations, and I think the Caff is primarily just Iran doing that and having reps in afc.

edrees and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  4. PersianLegion

PersianLegion Member

Jan 26, 2015
    hopefully you are wrong

5. Liquid Sword

Liquid Sword Member

Jan 28, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I am very confident that there will be tournaments, just as there are for every other sub-confederation. The only questions are when (I expect in the next couple of years) and if Iran and Uzbekistan will send youth teams to participate.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  6. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Totally agree - Its formed with the power of Iran.

From a regional tournement perspective, the only thing that I feel this region will do is have youth setups with grassroots and interchange of coaching methods..

7. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    For me, this isn't a bad thing.
    They don't really need a senior competition at all. If they really really want this, then they might aswell try and pull in Kazakhstan and even Armenia and Azerbaijan.

I do feel it's more just to get members on the AFC board as CAFF reps rather than WAFF reps where all CAFF nations would never get a look in.

8. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Off course, its still a good thing, As the region is vying to improve accross the board and be a force.

9. Footballnameh

Footballnameh Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Agreed. And last week, the member associations of CAFA held their first meeting in Kuwait and decided to nominate President of Iran's Federation as the Vice-President of AFC from central Asia. In addition, there would be a member (President of Uzbekistan Football Federation) in the executive committee of AFC. The latter is heading CAFA and the headquarters of CAFA is also in Tashkent. There are members from all 6 associations in the leadership positions of CAFA.

The Logo, statute, regulation and the place of the headquarters are also decided.

Uzbekistan might host the first competitions of CAFA, but that is not confirmed.

10. PersianLegion

PersianLegion Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Good to go but I hope HQ changes in every 2 to 4 years so all countries benefit from that. Looking for more members to join possibly Kazakhstan, Uyghuristan, and possibly Iraqi Kurdistan.

11. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    druryfire repped this.
  12. Danishjo.faisal

Danishjo.faisal New Member

Apr 13, 2015
    INDIA
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    it's very good for the future of AFGHANISTAN FOOTBALL , SAFF was never for them , CAFF will be Great challenge

13. PersianLegion

PersianLegion Member

Jan 26, 2015
    This confederation is good for Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Afghanistan and Tajikistan, but a setback for Uzbekistan and Iran. Still it is good to have this after so long in WAFC dealing with rather hostile atmosphere. This can be better if some strong teams like Kazakstan, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Russia, Turkey or Georgia get invited occasionally to raise up the level of competition for all teams.

14. Danishjo.faisal

Apr 13, 2015
    INDIA
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    will i think we can not say it is a setback for IRAN and UZBEKISTAN , IRAN gain from it for having hand in AFC Discussions , and for UZBEKISTAN its good because they were not part of a formal region before . it is a great start for the future of the AFC , and we will see that ...

edrees repped this.
  15. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    We don't lose anything, we can send our U23 or younger teams there

edrees repped this.
  16. Danishjo.faisal

Apr 13, 2015
    INDIA
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    CAFF CENTRAL ASIAN TEAMS Teams in Draw for world cup 2018 and Asian cup 2019

IR IRAN ---- ------OMAN---------------INDIA---------------TURKMENISTAN-------GUAM
    UZBEKISTAN-------BAHRAIN-----------PHILIPPINES-------NORTH KOREA-----------YEMEN
    JAPAN-----------------SYRIA---------------AFGHANISTAN---SINGAPORE---------------CAMBODIA
    AUSTRALIA-----------JORDAN------------TAJIKISTAN-------KYRGYZSTAN----------BANGLADESH

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  17. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Iran and Uzbekistan as expected are huge favorites to make it to the next round. Afghanistan has the best chance after them. However I feel like Jordan will be too strong for Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan, likewise for Oman and Turkmenistan.

18. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    I will pick Turkmenistan as the dark horse, I feel that they can pull an upset and be particularly strong at home.

19. persia1378

persia1378 Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Italy
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I think if this was the teams in CAFF it would be great:
    Iran
    Uzbekistan
    Kazakhstan
    Azerbaijan
    Georgia
    Turkmenistan
    Afghanistan
    Tajikistan
    Kyrgyzstan

When CAFF gets more organized they can convince Azerbaijan, Georgia and Kazakhstan who are not doing well in UEFA to join AFC. It would add tremendous depth to AFC.

For CAFF championship it can be 8 team tournament, with bottom 2 teams playing 2 leg play-off to get to main tournament. It can be good tournament for bigger teams to use new players and also will be good experience for less exxperienced countries to play the best teams in Asia.

20. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    So just under a year of having a newly formed federation namely CAFF, so far, nothing has come out of it, which confirms to me further that this region was only created so Iran has a way out from WAFF...

No media, no creation of any type of competition.. quite poor.

Atleast with SAFF, you get games every 2 years for the seniors, u23s, and youth sides.. plus club championships now too..

21. Navid1337

Navid1337 Member

Villarreal
    Oct 29, 2014
    Athens
    I remember hearing something about a tournament for this confederation in 2016...?

22. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    That's positive news..

any source or format of the tournament..

23. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
  24. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    I agree, there might be a CAFF Tournament in 2016, but the above article is 10 months old, the source is from Nepal..

Where is CAFF? 10 months, no news from the actual federation.

Navid1337 and Afghan-Juventus repped this.