BVB Dortmund vs VfL Wolfsburg

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Jan 14, 2018.

1. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I find it really odd that detractors label Aubameyang as a system player. After all his abilities make the "system" possible! I'm not sure where you can find a striker who competes year-in, year-out with Lewandowski for the Buli scoring title, while staying in great shape and contributing some enthusiastic defensive pressing to boot.

While Zorc sounds entirely fed up and betrayed by the latest antics, Stöger and the players sound hopeful that the situation will blow over. By most accounts he is hard working and extremely likable, at least for 95% of the year.

Oddly enough, amid speculation that Auba would be kept out of training - he showed up an hour early and stayed late to do extra sprint work.

2. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I never said he is a bad striker but that his skill set is limited. But the skills he has, however, are excellent. He's almost 30 and is one of the fastest players in the BL. Has an exceptional work rate. That said, I don't see what's wrong with being a system player. Even the best player in the world needs a system to function. Remember Lionel Messi under Diego Maradona and whatever the hell the latter was trying to implement with this praying and rosary twirling?

naopon and astrophyz repped this.
  3. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina