Bus & Car Convoy--READ FIRST POST FOR INFO & UPDATES!--CHANGES POSTED SAT 11/11

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Dre00, Nov 6, 2006.

1. .César.

.César. Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston
    Re: Extra tickets for the busssss!!!

I have an extra BUS ticket (I received 2) to donate to a needy individual :D

I'll most likely be arriving @ Tex-Star early ~6am. Gonna try and grub off that free morning brunch, know what I'm saying :cool:

2. Ablacque

Ablacque New Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Re: Dynamo Buses & Car Convoy for MLS Cup--READ FIRST POST FOR INFO & UPDATES!

I have two spare bus tickets for the trip to PHP if anyone is interested. Let me know and we can arrange collection. Go Orange!!!!!!!!!!

3. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Changes As Of Saturday 11/11

Here are the latest updates AS OF SAT 11/11 -- please see changes in RED BOLD:

Latest update from the Dynamo FO

The buses are full.

You can still drive your car in the convoy -- but you really, really need to go register. You can register until 6:00 pm Friday.

Btw -- it is really chilly and windy up here -- dress appropriately.

The FO also asks everyone to reall empahsize safety -- please drive carefully.

UPDATE for SATURDAY 11/11

UPDATES ARE IN RED BOLD

See below for both BUS info and CAR CONVOY info.​

IF YOU'RE IN THE CONVOY

Please arrive at Gallery Furniture NO LATER THAN 6:45 am Sunday
    http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=6006+North+Fwy,+Houston,+TX+77076
    6006 North Fwy, Houston, TX 77076
    just north of Tidwell, east side of the freeway

Timeline
    Parking lot opens 5:30 am
    Breakfast provided inside Gallery Furniture 6 - 7 am
    Check-in 6:15 - 7 am
    Everyone must be in cars & ready to line up no later than 7:15 am
    Convoy departs at 7:30 am SHARP

When you arrive, you will pick up
    - 1 parking pass for Pizza Hut Park Red Stadium West lot
    - 1 wristband per fan (for the Frisco tailgate)
    - 1 Tshirt per fan
    - a map to Frisco/Pizza Hut Park

You must already have:
    - purchased 1 MLS Cup ticket per person (game is already sold out!)
    - a full tank of gas
    - correct change for the tolls of the North Dallas Tollway (three 75-cent tolls and one 40-cent toll -- $2.65 total). Make sure you bring change for the tolls on the return trip!

About the North Dallas Tollway (NDT)
    There are four tolls between getting on the NDT in downtown Dallas and exiting for Pizza Hut Park in Frisco. Yes, Harris County EZTags are accepted. We ask that everyone STAY IN THE CONVOY and go through the same toll lane, as EZTags & cash can be taken in the same lane. The NDT is the quickest route to Pizza Hut Park.

Please note:
    - There will be NO PARKING available at Gallery Furniture after the convoy departs -- if you are part of a large group, please make arrangements to MEET ELSEWHERE before coming to Gallery Furniture.
    - The convoy will not stop til we reach Pizza Hut Park
    - You are welcome to "drop out" of the convoy at any time
    - You will return to Houston after the game on your own schedule
    - Car decorating supplies will be available at Gallery Furniture

PLEASE DRIVE SAFELY

At Pizza Hut Park
    Parking for convoy cars & the tailgate event will be in the northernmost Red Stadium West lot, at the intersection of World Cup Way & Technology Drive (northwest of the stadium). Stadium map & directions at http://fc.dallas.mlsnet.com/t104/stadium/.

We recommend you pick up your tickets from will call as soon as you arrive at Pizza Hut Park. Will call is located at the north end of the stadium.

FYI, North Texas is pretty windy, and the forecast is sunny but cool. Please be prepared.

IF YOU'RE RIDING ON THE BUS (must already have a pass)
    Please arrive at Tex Star Motors NO LATER THAN 6:45 am Sunday
    http://maps.citysearch.com/location/9861131
    5219 North Fwy, Houston, TX 77022
    (I-45 North, just south of Tidwell, west side of highway)

Timeline
    Parking lot opens 5:30 am
    Light breakfast 6 - 7 am
    Check-in/bus loading 6:15 - 7 am
    Everyone on the buses NO LATER THAN 7 am
    Buses depart at 7:15 am sharp to meet convoy

When you arrive at Tex Star Motors
    - you will pick up a wristband & a Tshirt

You must already have:
    - 1 bus pass per person
    - purchased MLS Cup ticket (game is already sold out!)

Please note:
    - Bus seating will be first come, first served (no assigned seating, no holding seats)
    - The convoy will not stop til we reach Pizza Hut Park
    - No food or beverages on the bus (especially not alcohol)
    - No pets, weapons/knives, noisemakers, video cameras
    - 5Star Security will be checking bags brought on the bus to ensure all passengers' safety
    - You ARE allowed to bring a cooler to store under the bus for tailgating at Pizza Hut Park
    (you are strongly encouraged to do so since beverages will not be provided at the tailgate), but be aware these items will need to be left with the bus during the game.

At Pizza Hut Park
    Parking for buses & the tailgate event will be in the northernmost Red Stadium West lot, at the intersection of World Cup Way & Technology Drive (northwest of the stadium). Stadium map & directions at http://fc.dallas.mlsnet.com/t104/stadium/.

After the game
    - You MUST return to the same bus you rode up on no later than 45 minutes after the final whistle (so we can depart within 90 minutes of the end of the game). Each bus will depart as soon as all riders are on board.
    - You may be denied access to the buses if 5Star Security deems you to be too intoxicated.
    - If you don't plan to ride back on the bus, let your bus captain know ASAP.
    - There will be no stopping on the return trip, so please plan accordingly!

4. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Please make sure that everyone going on the buses knows about the latest updates -- see bus & car convoy thread -- that were posted on Sat. 11/11 -- changes in red bold. Some people are obviously going to get their info by word of mouth, so please let everyone know about the latest changes.

5. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Changes As Of Saturday 11/11

I have 1 too many passengers for my car, Is anyone driving to Friscoe in the Morning and has room for a passenger from out of town going to the game?
    PM me or call 713-826-7604. Thanks, Dave

6. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Does any one have room for 1 passenger from out of town,that needs a way to Frisco. Will need a ride. Pm me for the info. Thanks, Dave

7. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Talbert,like I said on my PM.,I can give this guy a buss pass because I have four.Another four of my guys are comming from Conroe witch I'm going to take with me on my truck.,so if you can get this Dynamo fan to to Tex-Star,he can have a bus pass and I'll throw some of my guys in the back.

8. .César.

.César. Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston

I still have (1) extra bus ticket. Anybody need it? I received (2), but I am only using (1).

9. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Thanks Serio,I'm sure someone will be needing your extra ticket come Sunday morning.and that someone might be me.
    I can't believe that people are calling to see if I have extra tickets for the game.,I tell them that there's Standing Room Only and that's maybe.

10. JumpforDynamo

JumpforDynamo New Member

Apr 9, 2006

If anyone still needs an extra ticket for the bus. just PM me.

11. Mezzanine

Mezzanine New Member

Mar 26, 2006
    Houston
    I've got 3 extra BUS TICKETS. I am leaving them here at the bar w/ Heather (she's at the downstairs bar tonight). Come get them if you need them..

Tonya

12. Mezzanine

Mezzanine New Member

Mar 26, 2006
    Houston
    BTW. If any of you have Christy's (my bartender) phone number and are riding the bus, please call her so that you can meet up with her. She's wanting to still take the bus and wants to be sure she'll know someone on it. (Tommy & I are driving instead.)

thanks!

13. JumpforDynamo

JumpforDynamo New Member

Apr 9, 2006

The ticket has now been taken

14. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a reminder that if you are driving up alone. Watch for the Troopers,watch your speed. Be safe ! WE need all in the Supporters Section.

15. .César.

.César. Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston
    David, did you get my pm?