Bus & Car Convoy--READ FIRST POST FOR INFO & UPDATES!--CHANGES POSTED SAT 11/11

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Dre00, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Dynamo Buses for MLS Cup--Frisco Here We Come--Check first post for updates

Whoa!! I have never driven over 90 mph on the highway. When I drove stock cars in Navasota,Tx. I managed to get to about a 125 mph. I do wanna get there alive and well. Maybe I could let you and the other German drive and Zola and I can say our hail maries in the back:eek:

2. HTownSoccerGuy

Mar 29, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Re: Dynamo Buses & Car Convoy for MLS Cup--READ FIRST POST FOR INFO & UPDATES!

so how many buses are there going to be? I heard around 10 or so

3. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    Re: Dynamo Buses for MLS Cup--Frisco Here We Come--Check first post for updates

lol
    got on the 31 st of dec last year my first ticket here in the USA , of course for speeding , 15 miles to fast , near Bellaire . Did defensive driving , but all together it was about 150 $
    So you just drive , the rest of us will enjoy my german beer ..:p

HOUSTON DYNAMO, jetzt geht's los !!

4. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Back on the bus 45 minutes after the game? Damn, that's the price we pay for a free trip...

5. .César.

.César. Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston

I know huh! :eek: Hey Galaxykat, what time will you two be arriving on Sunday to Tex-Star?

6. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We're still trying to work out the details. Definitely trying to get there before 6:30.

7. .César.

.César. Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston

Cool! Just keep in touch please :) I'll most likely be there at 6 am or before. Going to try and get some morning brunch from them.

I'm still bummed out that they want us "back on the bus" no later than 45 minutes from the end of the game.... I really wanted to see the trophy presentation and maybe hang out with some few fans prior to leaving :(

Maybe we can convince our driver to stay a little longer....*crosses fingers*

8. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm told there will be 6 buses.

There may be some flexibility about how soon you have to get back on the bus. If you want to stay later, make sure that everyone who wants to stay later gets on the same bus on Sunday morning. The idea is that one of the buses may be able to stay later if everyone who gets on that one bus on Sunday morning wants to do so. Just try to get there early enough to get everyone who wants to stay later organized enough to all get on the same bus. They're going to try to be flexible about when they leave from PHP, but it'll help if everyone who wants to stay later gets on one bus.

9. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I wanna stay, for sure. So count me in on that bus to remain. How many people can be on one bus? The TA/EB is kinda big....dunno if all of us can fit on one bus...

10. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dunno - that's all the detail I have right now. Those things will probably kinda have to get worked out on Sunday morning - just get there early enough to organize - they're going to try to be flexible.

11. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sweet. Thanks Anderson! We'll make this work and hopefully stay late enough to cheer our players on to the airport...cup in hand! :D

12. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I posed this question in another thread, but i will do it again. Where are the buses going to park? I am not on a bus, but i need to help get the saps who were on the bus liquored up as quickly as possible.

13. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm pretty sure the convoy is going to pull into the tailgate. I thought someone from the TA/EB had a sight picked out...and that the convoy would pull up right there so we can all get liquored up

14. robbzipp

robbzipp New Member

Feb 11, 2006
    Spring, Texas, USA

Hi, friends.

I didn't go to Tex Star and get a bus ticket because I had planned on driving up there tonight. Sadly, I greatly miscalculated my finances and cannot afford to drive up there at all. I do have a game ticket waiting for me at will call but I need to try to get on the bus if anyone has an extra pass. Please PM me if you are super nice and would like to help your buddy out.

Love always,
    Robb Zipp

15. robbzipp

robbzipp New Member

Feb 11, 2006
    Spring, Texas, USA

If no one has a bus ticket but feel sorry for me and would let me ride with them, please let me know. I have a place to stay if I can go early and can leave as soon as you'd like. I apologize for being so lame and I appreciate your love and understanding.

16. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Do you mind ridding in back of a pick up truck ?

17. FuBoy

FuBoy Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hahah. I PM'd Robb - I have room for 1 in the jeep - at least to get up there, and if he needs, to get back on Monday.

18. Lark Howorth

Lark Howorth Member

Nov 18, 1999
    Houston, TX

Friends, I just got this email from one of the folks reading my blog. Take a look, and let me know if you've got any advice or can offer assistance. I'm headed up to Frisco today, so I'm not an option. His phone number is at the bottom of his message. I'm not sure if the bus passes are "sold out" or what's going on with that. If you contact him, can you let me know as well? I'll direct him to this section of BS as well to look for responses.

He's a pollo1970@yahoo.com

19. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Does he mind ridding in back of a truck ? :)

20. FuBoy

FuBoy Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm sure that someone in the caravan will have a seat for random dynamo fans... good luck!

21. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Mega 101 FM is saying 200 vehicles have registered not counting the buses.:eek:

22. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I got him and he is riding with me,Schwabel,Offenbacher,Zolafan and Metroag

23. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town

Good job , David !

24. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX

Hmmm. I better get there early so I can get mah breakfast. My wife thinks I'm crazy cuz I wanna get there by 6:15am. I told her, "You don't get no breakfast then." Which of course means we'll have to stop in the Woodlands to get some Mickey D's.

Man, I'm hungry just thinking about it.

25. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX

Yep, I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting to see if or if not extra people are going in our car. If the other 2 bail, then I'll have room and won't mind taking extra peeps...as long as they can listen to K Fed's new album for 5 straight hours. :D

**Disclaimer: I usually don't bother noting when I am joking or being sarcastic, but I feel I need to ensure people that I will not be listening to K Fed...for 5 straight hours, anyway.** :D