Burnley vs Liverpool FC - EPL - Jan 1 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Jan 1, 2018.

1. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you enjoyed that? I only enjoyed it at the whistle because thats been our nightmare for the last 8 years..... but yeah I also kinda enjoyed it too.

Red Bird and kopiteinkc repped this.
  2. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42536295

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says it is a matter of "respect" to allow Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane to go to an awards night in Ghana 24 hours before the FA Cup game against Everton.

newterp repped this.
  3. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I enjoyed a whole 2 minutes of that game. imo it was a game too far for the Christmas schedule - players are physically and mentally worn out and chance for injuries is too high, gotta change this tradition, it's dumb.

B.A. repped this.
  4. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please.......:thumbsup:

It's a matter of we are so god damn lucky to have found him as our manager - and that he loved the same things about Liverpool that an ordinary fan would have.

ryered, imasyko and SamScouse repped this.
  5. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #105 newterp, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    hmmm - am I able to ban another mod? because that would be funny. unless they banned me and lorne and tito. that would suck.

koptieinkc - I'm looking at you...:p

kopiteinkc repped this.
  6. owian

owian Member+

Liverpool FC, San Diego Loyal
    May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haven't been around much but absolutely buzzing from that one. Massive three points and to get it at the death like that was HUGE.

Have no complaints with the team sheet, 48 hours and needing to field a strong team in the FA Cup Klopp had little choice. With the opposition and the weather this was always going to be a grind it out game most likely decided by moments, mistakes or a brilliance.

Honestly would have been okay with a point, pissed off that we gave up another lead but 2 wins and a draw from this week isn't bad by any stretch. To get all three though is massive. Takes the pressure off the city match, and gives us a chance to look forwards and dream of 2nd rather than always looking over our shoulder.

newterp repped this.
  7. ryered

ryered Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    Hill Country
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    From "ah sh*t!" to "holy sh*t!" in the blink of an eye. Two character-building wins back to back. And love to snatch the points form Dyche, rapidly becoming one of my least favorite managers.

jeffcoop, LiverpoolFanatic and newterp repped this.
  8. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah I enjoyed it [emoji3]

newterp repped this.
  9. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #109 Red Bird, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Twice in the space of four days, we've come back from the brink, as it were. While not quite the summer from a sighting of one swallow, the results are heartening especially at this tricky stage of the season.

10. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    rotation and zonal marking.....eh?

11. Sir Niney

Sir Niney Member+

Apr 12, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    @newterp – I think that it’s you who needs to start letting things be. This whole mod thing seems to have rather gone to your head.

This forum has policed itself perfectly well without any intervention from the mods in the years that I’ve been here. The light-touch approach to moderation is one of the best things about this place. The mods here have always seemed to view their role as administrative, to the general benefit of the forum. There is no discernible practical need for that to change. There is no need for a new sheriff in town.

It’s a football forum. People argue. People make intemperate posts. If they become insufferable, then that’s easily solved by using the ignore button. Your interventions are unnecessary. I don’t recall you ever getting involved in this sort of thing in the past. There is no reason for you to start doing so now.

Over the course of a couple of years, I can’t remember ever seeing any of the other mods here give out orders. I’ve seen you do it twice in a couple of days now.

I witnessed a new mod behave in a similar way over on the German football forums at Big Soccer. As @White/Blue_since1860 will attest, his actions only served to vastly increase friction there, rather than reduce it.

As I said, it does rather seem to have gone to your head...

LorneMarvello and Wingtips1 repped this.
  12. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol. I can’t even stop laughing at your post.

13. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I dont quite know whats the issue here. Because of work Im simply not able to read through all the posts. So what happened?

14. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Is that what ultimately did for Burnley, do you think? Not rotating and man-marking at set-pieces ;)

15. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    beats me - apparently my efforts at humor weren't well received.

el-capitano repped this.
  16. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He was ok - he was also an african out in the english rain.....
    ;)

17. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Dude - you are now a mod (congrats! - I think?) - you are no longer allowed to use humor in your posts!

:rolleyes:o_O

18. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    You can't spell humour you don't got none.

I understand what happened but it slipped by a few people. Well done.

Red Bird and el-capitano repped this.
  19. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    It's gonna take a lot to take me away from you
    There's nothing that 'eleven' men or more could ever do
    I bless the rains down in Africa
    Gonna take some time to do the things we never had…

20. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

hopefully you'll get around to explaining what it is you are laughing at???

Careful what you write there, old boy-

apparently for one of them Toto boys all it took was some garden pesticide.... :(

21. Sir Niney

Sir Niney Member+

Apr 12, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'd be grateful if one of you would be so kind as to point out the attempt at humour that has slipped by me.

If you’re referring to the post about “lorne and tito”, then I’m fully aware that it was intended to be funny. It wasn’t though, it was just embarrassing, as well as being emblematic of the points that I was raising.

As long as @newterp isn’t harbouring any delusions that myself or anyone else on here need his permission before arguing with each other, then we should be OK.

22. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you mean this one where I included myself as part of the banning - to further emphasize the non-serious nature of the post, and even included a smiley to avoid any confusion?

Seems like some folks found it funny. You didn't. Fair enough.

23. Sir Niney

Sir Niney Member+

Apr 12, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Just that newterp is showing some early signs of being an MS Mk2 in the making, in that:

(i) He’s clearly way, way, way more excited about the prospect of becoming a mod than is healthy, which was when the alarm bells first went off with regards to you-know-who;

(ii) He’s wasted no time in sticking his oar in where it doesn’t belong in a way that no mod here has done previously;

(iii) He’s quickly exhibited delusions that people on here need his permission before arguing with each other.

All horribly familiar. We both know how that ended up last time around.

24. Sir Niney

Sir Niney Member+

Apr 12, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yes, all of that was and remains very obvious, but the fact that you were posting about banning people at all was in and of itself embarrassing.
    You and they appear to be deliberately missing what was clearly the main point of my post. It seemed very straightforward to me, but please allow me to reiterate it:

This forum has been a perfectly pleasant place to be for a period of years without hands-on moderation of any kind. There is no need for you or anyone else to unilaterally change that state of affairs.

Very shortly after you became a mod, you’d given out more orders in the space of a couple of days than all the other mods here combined had in the space of a couple of years. You’d never previously tried to give out orders. I watched a new mod change in exactly the same way over on the BS German forums. He ended up ruining the place. Give some people a poxy title and it just goes straight to their heads.

This forum moderates itself. Plenty of different people break up plenty of different arguments at different times. That approach ain’t broke and it definitely doesn’t need fixing by you.

If you stick your oar in because of your new title – and as you’ve never been the sort to stick your oar in in the past, that’s most assuredly what you were doing – you will only end up sowing discord rather than reducing it. That’s because you’ll almost always end up with two arguments rather than one – the disagreement that was already taking place, plus the disagreement between you and whoever you’re subjecting to your ego trip.

25. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are taking it this way way way too personally, and you're completely off base. But I'm going to move on - especially since you've made the same point 3 different times now all on some weird assumption that I'm trying to control the board because it happened on the Germany board previously. I'm really not at all.

So have all the arguments you want - I won't stop you.