Burnley v Chelsea, Sunday October 28th (Match #9)

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This Barkley kid seems OK.

Seriously though, his value has at least doubled from the 14m we spent on him.

2. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Somewhat offsets the 95% loss of value for bakayoko :D

Ninjatend0, lobomojo, Wrath and 2 others repped this.
  3. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Great stuff. RLC with the fourth.

4. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Giroud may never score again lol

5. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Exemplerary performance today. Not bad for a one man team missing that one man.

Great to see rlc get meaningful minutes (hope pedro is okay but if we get more rlc as a result, I'm okay with that outcome) and a goal.

Barkley and William threatened throughout and only Joe hart stopped it from being much much worse.

Top class. 3 points. Statement win.

6. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I like Burnley, they did compete and try to play and were quite succesful for the first 20 mins. But We took control of the game. Morata could have had - should have had? - an hat trick in the first half. Giroud could have had a goal too - what more does he have to do? We all know that Morata and Giroud are not the best for us - but they always give 100% and we should appreciate that.

R'n'R - Rosss and Rooobin :D

7. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    FFS..woke up expecting DVR to automatically record the game....NBC Gold to ******** that plan up.

8. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It seems some Milan fans provided some 'feedback' for the guy's performance in the Europa shindig against Betis...

‘He makes actual money from playing football’ – Chelsea loanee brutally slammed by these fans after being hauled off at half-time

That was on the same night RLC scored the hat-trick. I mean, sure, that wasn't against Betis but, even so...

The guy was hauled OFF at h/t so I'm guessing the response wasn't entirely without cause.

9. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A bit of healthy competition does nobody any harm.

Barkley needs to keep that level up otherwise Kovacic will be back in. I wish he was a bit more positive is all like he was with his goal.

10. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Couldn't watch this game 'over here', sounds like a good game to watch if you are a blue's fan - I will have to catch the highlights later but it sounds like Barkley is finally starting to live up to his early promise

11. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Seriously. Remember the Bakayoko Watch like it was the second coming of Makelele or something. I'd rather we bought back Lassana Diarra.

Blueallthru repped this.
  12. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What do you mean? Alonso was out there.

Ninjatend0 repped this.
  13. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Barkley is gold right now. He's genuinely our second most explosive and effective player going forward.

Wrath repped this.
  14. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea I was ready to sell him off asap but Barkley has proven to be legit in his role and a goal threat from the midfield that we've been missing.

Between Barkley and Morata finding form we might just have a slim chance at the title this year.

15. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I have been pretty vocal about my dislike for Willian so will credit him for his superb performance today. Hope he keeps it consistent.

Kerry Dixon's Boots and lobomojo repped this.
  16. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  17. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    really great seeing Ross step up. like i said a couple weeks ago, Barkley was good for this system on paper, and it's nice to see that's actually happening.

Blueallthru repped this.
  18. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    RLC and Alvaro on the score sheet, ya love to see it. Ross stepping up BIG TIME, ya LOVE to see it. 15 mil for him, what a bargain. The board is looking brilliant for that one. Goals from midfield? What a God send man.. we have been cryyyying out for that since Lamps left. It's still early days but this midfield has the potential for being the best we've seen in a long, long time.

Would like to see everyone play like this when Eden IS around. Fun stuff.

Naughtius Maximus repped this.