Bundesliga and the rest: Domestic and European competition discussion

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Leipzig goes behind again

2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Leipzig :ROFLMAO:

This team has no idea how to win

3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    What an embarrassment, Leipzig are going to finish last in their group. No wonder that no one takes this team seriously.

Ger90 repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    EL GS1
    -1BL: 2 wins and 1 loss (no Werner no party)
    -EPL: 2 wins (one of their team got eliminated in the qualifiers)
    -Serie A: 2 wins (one of their team got eliminated in the qualifiers) Besides Milan only beat a Luxembourg team full of Germans 1-0.:ROFLMAO:
    -La Liga: 1 win and 2 draws
    -Ligue 1: 1 win and 2 losses

Ligue 1 have done nothing this season. 1 win in CL and 1 win in EL where they needed a PK to win.

Glad to see, Bayer finally win. While RB have been rubbish all season are the only club from 7 to lose their game.

5. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    2 Italian clubs won their Europa league game
    2 English clubs won
    2 German won away 1 lost at home
    2 French lost
    3 Spanish 1 loss 2 draws

Not a bad week for Buli.

I hope Leipzig can can some wins for the coefficient
    I expect Leverkusen to get more wins from the other group opponents

Next matchday Frankfurt vs Lazio

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1556 Ger90, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    Konate/Upamecano were pretty bad and Paulinho with his 1st start of the season didn't impress either.

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    FIFA will also looked at other aspects of the transfer system ...

Like what?

Everything from transfer windows, squad sizes and homegrown player rules to replacing transfer fees with some sort of formula, salary caps and luxury taxes. As Infantino said, everything is on the table.
    http://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/mar...with-shady-agents-and-address-the-loan-system

Interesting read that talks about player transfers and what FIFA wants to change but also this that is being discussed.

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bild gave a 2 rating for Trapp, da Costa and Jovic. Every other player got between a 3-5 rating. And 2/3 of the players that got a 2 are the 2 Germans that started the game in the XI.

while N.Muller off the bench got a 3 rating.

10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    What's also troubling is how awful BL play defence. Leverkusen, Leipzig and Hoffenheim from yesterday conceding 2-3 goals each against Bulgarian, Austrian and Ukrainian sides. Reminds me of Germany in the international matches against Austria, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, South Korea.

11. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1561 Karl-Heinz Riedle, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    Why are these two posters so negative all the fvcking time?

@Ger90 @Epitome990 all complains and blaming....how depressing

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    The BL sides I'm most concerned about in their respective CL and EL groups are:

-Dortmund, barely squeezed by Brugge with a late winner and looked totally unconvincing. Favre has still to get this team to resemble a solid contender. Still have to face tougher opponents in Monaco and Atletico

-Schalke, struggles offensively and look terrible in the BL. Lacklustre start to CL getting only a draw vs Porto. Tough matches ahead vs Galatasaray who they've struggled against in the past. Also gonna be tough to get a win away at Russia vs Lokomotiv especially with Höwedes waiting for revenge.

-Hoffenheim, shouldve taken all 3 points vs Shakhtar but kept conceding goals for opponent to equalize. Even tougher opponents ahead as they have to face Man City and Lyon. 3rd place is probably the best case scenario for them.

-RB Leipzig, how many goal will this poor looking side concede. Barely squeezing to qualify against Zorya. And now embarrassed at home against their Salzburg brothers. They look completely lost and lack any cohesiveness. Don't think they have what it takes to win against Celtic or the away match in Salzburg

-Frankfurt, still not totally convinced by this team. It's going to be a tough fight for a top 2 spot in this group

Ger90 repped this.
  15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dortmund's goal was also pretty horrible tbh. Pulisic got extremely lucky, there. Reus thought they were very poor and terrible going forward and that he takes the "dirty win" and that had Brugge taken their chances better they could have lost.

16. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Interesting analysis of German teams chances in Europe by @P to the Wee on the other forum

Only one German team lost and we are 2nd in coefficient points behind Spain for this very early season. Italy and England both have a team eliminated already.

Hoffenheim put themselves in great position to finish third with a 2-2 draw at Shakhtar. Lyon taking 3 points from City will make 2nd place more challenging for them. I expect them to end up 3rd.

Leverkusen won on the road and have a great chance at finishing 1st, at worst 2nd. I think they win their group.

Leipzig screwed up at home so they can probably kiss 1st place good bye unless Celtic fight off points from Salzburg. With that said, Leipzig should definitely go for 4 out of 6 points against Celtic. That's who they'll be fighting for 2nd place.

Schalke should do better than 1-1 at home against Porto, but first or 2nd place isn't out of question. Really comes down to how they fair against Galatasaray. I think anything is still in play for them, I'll predict 2nd place, but can't see them finishing last at all.

Dortmund win away against Brügge. Probably the weakest team in the group, but they did their job nonetheless. Atletico will probably win the group and they took all 3 away points from Monaco who can't steal anything. It isn't out of question for Dortmund to get 3, MAYBE 4 out of Atletico, but even a draw at home and they'll likely outdo Monaco. Series against them is vital, but Dortmund should do it. I predict 2nd place.

Obviously we should sweep our group.

Frankfurt were the big shockers for me. I did not expect them to get out of the group with Marseille and Lazio, but they just won away against Marseille. Finishing 2nd is very possible now.

Compare this to Italy and France who people seem worried about.

AC Milan barely beat some team in Luxembourg. They have Olympiakos and Real Betis in their group. They can definitely make it out, but it wouldn't be the biggest surprise if they finish 3rd.

Lazio win and I expect them to advance.

Atalanta are already out.

Juventus won away against Valencia and will probably win their group, if not 2nd place.

Roma got smoked by Real and will not win the group, but they should still get 2nd, although Moscow could give them some trouble. They won't finish last.

Napoli only got a point against Belgrad and have PSG and Liverpool in their group. They will probably finish 3rd, although I wouldn't mind seeing them knock off either of the other two out.

Inter beat Tottenham at home, but I still expect them to finish 3rd, but they could end up being 2nd.

PSG lost to Liverpool, but the group win is still in play.

Monaco lost to Atletico at home. It will come down to their head to head in Dortmund, but they'll probably finish 3rd.

Lyon won against City and are in great position to finish 2nd.

Marseille lost at home and look like they have a real shot at finishing 3rd.

Rennes won, but I think they finish 3rd.

Bordeaux lost and will probably not make it out of the group.

TLDR:

CL: Schalke 2nd, Bayern 1st, Dortmund 2nd, Hoffenheim 3rd
    Juventus 1st, Napoli 3rd, Inter 3rd, Roma 2nd
    PSG 1st, Lyon 2nd, Monaco 3rd

EL: Leipzig 2nd, Leverkusen 1st, Frankfurt 2nd
    Milan 2nd, Lazio 1st
    Rennes 3rd, Marseille 3rd, Bordeaux 4th

Germany > Italy > France

come fight me

Ger90 repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #1568 Epitome990, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    BL sides seem to always lose to clubs from smaller leagues in Europe. This either eliminates them in qualification or costs them major points in group stages or knockout rounds thus contributing to their eventual elimination:

-2012/13: Gladbach loses to Ukrainian side Dynamo Kiev in CL playoff round qualifiers

-2013/14: Stuttgart loses to Croatian side Rijeka in EL playoff round qualifier

-2013/14: Freiburg eliminated in group stage. Czech side Slovan Liberec finish ahead of them for 2nd place

-2014/15: Mainz eliminated by Greek side Asteras Tripoli in EL 3rd qualifying round

-2016/17: Hertha eliminated by Danish side Brondby in EL 3rd qualifying round

-2016/17: Mainz eliminated in EL group stages finishing 3rd behind French side St. Etienne and Belgian side Anderlecht

-2016/17: Schalke eliminated in EL quarterfinals vs a 10-man Ajax side in extra time

-2017/18: Freiburg eliminated in EL 3rd qualifying round by Slovenia side Domzale

-2017/18: Hoffenheim finish last in EL group stage, behind Portuguese side Braga, Bulgarian side Ludogorets, and Turkish side Istanbul Basaksehir

-2017/18: Köln eliminated in EL group stage. Serbian side Red Star Belgrade finish ahead of then for 2nd place

-2017/18: Hertha finish last in EL group stage. Even Swedish side Ostersund and Ukrainian side Zorya Luhansk were ahead of them

BVBFNM and Ger90 repped this.
  19. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Those defenders were so awful; Mukiele, Konate and Upamecano. Pretty much like they don't even care and letting the opponents score at will. Wonder if this results in further falling out between the coaching staff and players.

Ger90 repped this.
  20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    it is beyond me why Orban the captain keeps being benched in important games. Was benched vs Dortmund for the 2 French kids and once again in EL for those 2 again. And both times neither impressed.

Rangnick also criticized how some made it seem like it's a shore to play EL, no interest.

what's interesting is the match ups this weekend.
    Bayern vs Schalke
    Hoff vs Dortmund
    lol all 4 CL teams.

RB vs Frankfurt from EL.

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  22. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Their Full backs yesterday were Laimer 21yrs, and Mukuele 20yrs. Then 2 CBs that are 19. How can your central pairing be 2 19yr olds? Upamecano is 19, Konate is 19. in attack Cunha is 19yrs, Augustin is 21

Thats like 6 players who are around 20yrs of age

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    its because RB is a known ageist club, they like to avoid older players.
    when they were interested in signing Rudy, it went against their policy of not signing new players beyond a certain age.

and in the end that's the reason why Academy players will always struggle to get integrated at the club. When you sign young players with at the min 1 season of 1st or 2nd division experience and ages that are near Academy players. The end result is they get blocked. It's why RB still has 0 minutes for Academy products in 1BL.

Konate for 1 was signed on from France for playing 12 games in Ligue 2.

but that defense lineup though isn't really an impressive one. And Laimer isn't even a real fullback he's basically a midfielder who sometimes plays there because of injuries/suspensions.

Epitome990 repped this.
  24. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    This is a really worrying trend for one of the so-called Top Five leagues in Europe and I think the DFL needs to look into this post and do something about it. German football cannot let this continue.

Before I really got into German football I used to hear stories about how German clubs were known for their steely determination, win-at-all-costs mentality and never-say-die attitude, always fighting till the last second for every match, but from what I've seen in the last five years I must say I'm frankly disappointed.

I don't know if any of you has watched Dragon Ball Super, but there's this one episode were Vegeta fights Cabba, a Saiyan from Universe 6, during the tournament between Universe 6 and Universe 7 and asks Cabba to go Super Saiyan and Cabba says he doesn't know how and asks if he can teach him, which angers Vegeta, as he sees this as a sign of weakness coming from a fellow Saiyan, and berates Cabba asking where's his Saiyan pride.

The point is that right now I feel like Vegeta, angry at the current spinelessness of German football clubs in European tournaments, and if I could voice my feelings at Bundesliga clubs it would be by angrily asking them where the hell is their footballing pride, and IMO the DFL really needs to do something about it.

BTW after being provoked by threatening to kill all Universe 6 Saiyans Cabba gets angry enough to finally go Super Saiyan, though he's still way below Vegeta's level who easily defeats him by going Super Saiyan Blue, and tells Cabba to always remember the power he felt when going Super Saiyan, which in this case applies to both Eintracht Frankfurt and Leverkusen, with Eintracht Frankfurt snatching a win despite going down by a goal early in the match and being a man down during the second half, and especially Leverkusen for overturning a 2-0 deficit into a 2-3 win, which I personally found surprising given their reputation as serial chokers, so props to them both and always remember to play like that every match in Europe.

Overall it's been a good week for German football in Europe, four wins, two draws and one loss, but still not good enough. We need German clubs to make deep runs in European tournaments, as this season marks ten years since a Bundesliga club made the semifinals of the UEFA Cup/Europa League, and worse still, no German club has won the tournament since Schalke in 1997.

I would like to finish by saying that I've noticed many of you are angry at Eintracht Frankfurt and want to see them fail due to their lack of German footballers, but they are still a German football club and are representing German football in Europe, so at least for the time being we need them to do well, besides the Bayern team that won the Champions League in 2001 barely had any Germans. RB Leipzig can go fvck themselves, because even though they represent German football we all know they are just another front for Red Bull to generate another revenue stream, an Austrian company (at least Leverkusen, Wolfsburg and Hoffenheim are German-owned).

25. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria