Bundesliga and the rest: Domestic and European competition discussion

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Sep 28, 2017.

1. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It sounds like Arp is a done deal. Reports that Bayern have raised their offer to meet Hamburgs price of 5 million euros.

Ger90 repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    now the only question is what to do with him? Overall price seems to be $25 M for 4 years.

that's too big of a price for him to be only used in Bayern II. Doesn't make sense to spend that much money and make him waste the whole year exclusively in RL. If he doesn't get loaned out, would make little sense not to integrate him throughout the season. Besides not like he has 0 pro experience as he did play last season in 1BL with Hamburg. Then the issue of loan is that every club has been in preaseason for 3+ weeks and too many clubs already have too many strikers. You can't control his chances at another club and based on reports they didn't want to loan him to Hamburg either who are in 2BL. Current options seem limited.

I think Bayern went early with Arp because of Jupp saying they regret not signing Werner when he was younger.

3. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think this is exactly it. If Wagner was not here, I would say he could get minutes like Wagner did last season.

Maybe give him some matches in a 2 striker system, and in the early rounds of the Pokal.

Ger90 repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    of course all assuming that he doesn't get a loan.

You also have some matches where you need to rest Lewa, can't play every game as he's getting older, as in rotations as there are 3 competitions. As well as to take into account injuries to Lewa or Wagner. There is also if Kovac wins the league early, pointless games are left. That's how Dorsch, Mai, Evina and Shabani made their debuts last season.

Wagner's days could be fast approaching it's endgame. Contract until 2020 only, will they sell him next Summer, extend, or leave on free?

Even if Bayern doesn't play him in a 2 striker system in the XI, he could still come off the bench and get playing time in a 2 striker system.

5. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    1020024185295376385 is not a valid tweet id

6. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kovac only wants 22 outfield players in his team, so I think it will be a loan or Bayern II for Arp.

Ger90 repped this.
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I actually want a 1 season loan to another 1BL club although not sure if it'll happen. Wouldn't mind seeing Arp displacing Wagner, though.:p

Bayern II would be more appealing if they were in 3rd Liga. Blame it on all 1860 not paying their license fees and instead of being relegated to 3rd Liga they were relegated to RL. And they are the only reason as to why Bayern II is still in RL. Currently a good start to RL for Bayern, 2 games and 2 wins, with OBM already a difference maker in his 1st game.

nekkibasara repped this.
  8. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The whole situation is: Bundesliga clubs cant afford to buy established star players. Instead of buying 5-6 foreign players in prime, they buy 5-6 youngsters everywhere

I get why u panicked and worried. But the fact is clubs dont have money, so the only other way to strengthen the squad is to buy top prospects from other countries rather than just relying on their youth players.

I know this doesnt sound well. But at least no club in Bundesliga can afford to buy big names anymore, so they buy young players.

Good thing is, when these youngsters have shown promise, they will have to leave Bundesliga for bigger leagues/teams like EPL or Barca/PSG/Juventus/Real Madrid/Atletico Madrid. Just like O.Dembele.

I think the biggest problem is, youngsters from England, Spain and France , even they do not have too much pro experience just like our youngsters.............they have somehow showed a lot of promises in youth tournaments.

Think about Sancho who played extremely well in U17 Euro and group stage of U17 World Cup........and Sergio Gomez from Spain. They all brought trophies to their countries and showed too much promises in youth tourneys.

Then u have Youth CL where German clubs always struggle. Its the indicators of our youth work compared to others like Chelsea, Man City, Barcelona and co.

If our youth NTs keep struggling and not showing anything from youth tournaments. Yeah, the youngsters from other countries who played extremely well in youth leagues and tournaments will have more on their resume compared to ours.

So first we needa play better and have more better talents first. I have a feeling that youth players in Germany are not good enough in general. Only a few i think they can make it to 1BL (just gut feeling) and thats not enough

The young players need to improve. Many criticism among the German youngsters who are rich and not hungry, and sometimes arrogant. We need better youth coaches

If we start producing better tlaents and we keep winning trophies at youth stage like the English and the French does, i am sure we will have more players who can make it to pro .

But this is not the case now

like 1997 and 2001, you can name 3-4 players in the who age group who are guranteed to make some impact in 1BL. Oliver Batista-Meier, maybe Bukusu, Ole Pohlmann and Papela.

1997? Teuchert, Henrichs, Serdar, Uduokhai and Torunarigha. Not enough.

And when the youngsters are loaned to lower divisions, i dont see too much promises from them too. Thats the fundamental problems.

Are we really producing good enough talents? Or just because of the coaches' tactical problem? I think both sides have problems.

ANd clubs like Bayern, Leipzig and Dortmund are looking for regular spots in CL. Maybe quarter finals at least for Bayern and Dortmund. If Boateng, Hummels, Neuer, Lewandowski are injured........are u confident to start Mai, Fruchtl and Evina instead? maybe not.

Even if they are on the bench.......... i think its better for them to actually play some football and adapt the club's system. They have time, dont rush., Sitting on the bench for first team have opportunity costs, maybe u cant play in reserve teams or youth teams. U need match practices no matter where because u needa prove soemthing

Now, talents only start playing at 19/20, maybe in lower divisions, if they showed promises, they will be back at 21/22. Its normal for most players.

Even Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City, Barca ( in last couple of years), Juventus and Napoli do not have room to play academy youngsters

Johannes Eggestein once told me, "each age group only have 1-3 players who can make the pro team, its that competitive. "

Raumdeuter repped this.
  9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  11. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This part captures my point exactly. Will Ulli Kalle or any Bayern hierarchy think of putting Mai or Evina or Fruchtl in a key CL match? That is why other top clubs are not doing it, Only middle to lower clubs have the patience and ability to develop youngsters. Or whats the point of youngsters rotting on the bench, Emre Can could still be on Bayern bench now but he worked his way through Leverkusen Liverpool and now Juventus

12. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Best option for his career instead of sitting on Bayern bench

dips82 repped this.
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    best option for his career was to find a club in 1BL to take him in. He's going from a season in 1BL to 2BL. Complaining that he would sit on the bench makes little sense when majority of strikers start off their pro careers on the bench. Even at Hamburg last season good chunk of games he came off the bench anyways.

yeah it's why those youth like Mai, Evina, Shabani, and Dorsch helped trash Frankfurt 4-1 while starting in the XI and when Bayern played the full team squad to that same Frankfurt they lost 3-1 in the Cup final. :whistling: The Frankfurt of next season is also weaker than last season as they lost tons of key players. Kovac also like to play with 3 at the back and with 3 competitions, Mai, Evina etc could get more chances to integrate.

Fruchtl is also officially the 3rd keeper this season and Hoffmann the 4th, so if something does happen to both Neuer and Ulreich he's up anyways. It's like you know those kids are the 1st ones up when injuries happen or rotations are done.

how old do you guys think Alaba or Muller where when they played in CL? Both were in their teens. One reads posts here and thinks Bayern should have 0 trust in players they promoted to the 1st team.

no point in discussing this when no one agrees with anyone. And you guys still don't seem to understand what integration is.

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

15. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Not sure what's the point of this when Bayern already have Früchtl

Also

Ger90 repped this.
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and Hoffmann too, no different than the Pickford to Bayern stuff when there are currently 4 keepers already. So dumb and France is pretty much bombing U19 EC and England is barely doing better.

as for the 2 youngsters, the typical globolization of football, they want US players in order to make $$$ from the US market, that's pretty much it.

but Bayern is being ridiculous the U19 already has 28 players and they want to add more and more players? Not only will a lot of players not get playing time but they will block each other has they won't all get promotion. Majority won't go beyond the U19.

17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Looks like Alphonso Davies will be Bayern's next signing

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    another pointless signing when Bayern has other players from 99-01, similar age groups in similar position. And Davies signing at Bayern is not a smart move for his career. Better off starting at a smaller club.

I find clubs perplexing at how they stockpile even more and more players when they already have tons of players. Doesn't benefit anyone.

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    after the Wolfsburg flop Origi who I had criticized all season for his poor play (seems like he's bombing in the Liverpool preseason as well) left now another flop Osimhen seems headed out. Whether permanent move or loan is yet to be seen.
    http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/07/21/osimhen-undergoes-trials-at-belgian-club-zulte-waregem/

this is your foreign youth obsession, Osimhen 2015 U17 WC Golden Boot winner signed for like $4M skips both Wolfsburg U19 and Wolfsburg II to be directly in the main team just to bomb. While better players are ignored and leave the club. Now if only Hinds would also leave.

also, Axel Witsel who was in Belgium WC18 squad and currently plays in China is being linked with Dortmund.

20. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  21. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    HSV's Papadopoulos is seriously injured and will miss the entire Hinrunde already. This also means he won't be sold this summer. Gideon Jung was injured as well recently and is set to be out for months.

22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Yann Sommer could be leaving FC Schweiz

24. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This may open up door for Karius

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    he should go to Dortmund so that all the keepers there are Swiss.:p

Swiss had 3 starting keepers in 1BL, Hitz had to join the same club as another, lol.