Bundesliga and the rest: Domestic and European competition discussion

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL about Burki, I said it to Dortmund fans last season that he's an iffy keeper just for them to get angry at me. Now look at him this season, I was right about him.

you forget that with both Goretzka and Meyer gone. Schalke also need to boost their midfield by a lot. Malcolm is worth like $50 M according to what Bordeaux wants. Don't see Schalke going that far.

I agree about RB being EL level, they might reach CL next season. But unless they get another Keita level player, they will struggle to make CL in 2019-2020 onwards.

The 1 team I don't want to see play any Europe is Frankfurt especially not CL.

some of these teams I would prefer they promote youth players instead of buying.

Raumdeuter repped this.
  2. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Promoting youth everytime also has its drawbacks your team will lack experience and you cannot do much in Europe see Ajax. A lot of Leipzig problem is due to inexperience at the top level

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    plenty of clubs have said that promoting youth is necessary to thrive for their clubs. Even Bayern's plan is to rely less on foreign players costing millions and more on their youth prospects, which is why they have built that new Academy.

I honestly prefer seeing German clubs promoting youths then buying. It's fine to buy but sometimes they do it excessively. Also prefer that over what RB, Dortmund do buying foreign youth kids for millions instead of promoting their own.

and if these kids have huge potential than the clubs will only benefit in the long run.

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    972872517680541696 is not a valid tweet id

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    talk about pathetic, Dortmund are out of EL while RB reach the QF.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    not a bad draw for Bayern in the QF as they get Sevilla.

while RB get Marseiile in the QF of the EL.

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  8. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  9. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #484 Alex C, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    Well, something clearly needs to change for the BL to become more competetive. For the league to continue to grow commercially it needs an exciting title race at least occassionally, when was the last time the title wasn't already decided weeks from the end?

For a country with the strongest economy and by far the largest population in Europe, to have so few clubs able to compete domestically with Bayern and more so on an international level, in what is the country's most popular sport, is not acceptable imo..

BMGuy repped this.
  10. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think it’s ok to have 50+1

But DFL need to set regulations to limit foreign players and guarantee German players in each roster

U need to protect local players

BMGuy and Ger90 repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    the whole 50+1 rule is stopping 1BL success in Europe is illogical since tons of lesser leagues are performing tons better with a very small budget.

12. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #487 Alex C, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    I agree that the 50+1 rule has it's benefits. But what can be done to increase the competitiveness of the BL both domestically and internationally?

To compare it's success with much smaller , economically weaker countries is the wrong approach. Germany is more then capable in every respect of housing 6-7 of the biggest clubs from a commercial/financial aspect. And yet only Bayern are in the top 20 in Europe.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    NT wise that's not a good thing. Having 6-7 big clubs will make us like EPL where the top clubs barely play or have any English/domestic players. Look at RB Leipzig who are trying to make it big, they have like tops 4 German players in their squad.

14. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If German clubs have no 50+1, they ar more likely to spend

Bundesliga will have more foreigners than EPL because BL have no restrictions towards non-EU players for now

We don’t have a work permit system, and we don’t even have a 17+8 system

Ger90 repped this.
  15. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A weak domestic league will not benefit the NT in the long run, all that will happen is more and more of the better German players will move abroad. Both the Italian and Dutch leagues have declined in recent years, and now their national teams are suffering too.

I fully agree that giving local players a chance to break through is important, but changing the rules on that actually has nothing to do with 50+1. The league could introduce a 17+8 rule with or without 50+1, they are not mutually exclusive.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  16. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    #491 BMGuy, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    I don't know why Germany need 50+1, and not apply a rule like 50% of players must have German passport instead, so no matter how much clubs are willing to spend, they still have to invest on German players.

Look at the current state of the youth system right now, I don't think 50+1 does it any favor, there're just a few young German players play in big teams.

The only thing 50+1 is good at is to keep the ticket fee low and Bundesliga have something to brag about the stadium is always full.

17. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    #492 y-lee-coyote, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    From one outside observers viewpoint the Bundesliga is a pretty good league. The quality is down this year but that is because so much talent (especially in the midfield) has been sold. Ultimately it is the proceeds from these sales that finance the youth development and the very reasonable modern football ticket prices.

My views admittedly do not take into consideration the Die Mannschaft viewpoint even if I do relish our American youth prospects being developed in the German system. Heck our bundesliga kids :)are our hope to make the NEXT :cry: WC.

I think the whole fifty plus one is a good model that may well prove to be more sustainable long range than the PL system. I like the idea of keeping ticket prices affordable for working folks. If that means a bundesliga team isn't a favorite to make the CL finals every single year that is not a bad trade off.

18. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    but then again, there won't be any competition in the league, no one can compete with Bayern because they don't have $$, bayern-dortmund 6-0 is a smack on their faces.

Now good coaches like Tuchel are looking elsewhere but Bundesliga, even Bayern seems to find it hard to persuade them to come in. The quality of the whole league is on the way down in many departments.

I understand 50+1 is to keep the ownership of the club on German hands and keep the football traditionally developed and I really appreciate this kind of attitude but still they must improve it.

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    glad to see Frankfurt lost today. That's one team I don't want to see them make Europe even less them making CL next season.

20. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bierhoff also asked for a reform of the bundesliga as he sees the German development has fallen a little behind in recent years ....

Ger90 repped this.
  21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #496 Ger90, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    Bernat is so rubbish, should have been dumped in Summer 2017.

so bad that he's been subbed off at the 46th minute, lol.

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern beat Sevilla 2-1 away, so 2 away goal advantage for Bayern. Next up is RB who play EL on Thursday vs Marseille.

have to say seeing Ronaldo scoring crazy goals and dominating CL. It's one reason why I look forward to the day where both Ronaldo and Messi are past it, so that we can see new blood. Ronaldo is already 33 while Messi is soon to be 31, which gives them what another 3-5 years left?

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    with Barca trashing Roma and Real trashing Juventus this could eliminate both Serie A remaining teams in CL.
    while if RB Salzburg can beat Lazio we could end up with 0 Italian teams making it to SF in Europe.

Edin Dzeko who made it big while playing in 1BL scored the only goal for Roma vs Barca in the 4-1 loss. That's a player where it's a shame left Germany. Performed everywhere he went, he's also the 1st and only player to score 50 League goals in 3 of the top 5 leagues. Having done so in Germany, Italy and England.

also him and Grafite were the most successful 1BL striking duo ever and helping Wolfsburg to a shock 1BL title almost 10 years ago.

Raumdeuter repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    RB Leipzig with a foot into the EL SF as they win 1-0 at home vs 3rd place Ligue 1 Marseille. This win also means that RB only need either a draw or win away and they get through.

still team to beat or avoid in this EL is Atletico Madrid.

as of now the SF looks like
    Lazio, Atletico, RB, and Arsenal.

1 from each of the top league of Europe in England, Spain, Italy, and Germany.

25. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It will be very tough for RB in Marseille . They will need an away goal , we can just hope . If the do make it to the semis it will be super tough ... for making the final we would maybe hope for Lazio but I wouldn’t mind seeing them against Arsenal

Ger90 repped this.