Bundesliga and the rest: Domestic and European competition discussion

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    another player liks Auba who's unprofessional.

seems like he got angry and exploded while having a meeting with the Augsburg board. Because his contract runs down in the Summer and he wanted to move in the Winter transfer only to be blocked.

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern on to their 9th consecutive German Cup semi-final.

while Bayer make their 1st Semi-final since 2008-2009, which was almost a decade ago, in a 4-2 win ET.

3. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Member

May 21, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Havertz
    Tah
    Henrichs

TOP TOP TOP tonight
    Haverzt can be better than Ozil , actualy he is now better than Ozil as 18teen yrs old

Hernichs proves several times that he is the best German right back he just need to be forced and push in fire

Is there any sign that Max Phillip can get a call from Jogi Low for upcoming fixtures. By whoscored and sqwaka stats , HE IS THE IN THE TOP FIVE OF fuc.. king LEFT BACK'S in the world
    I don't want to watch mediocre like Hector or Platenhartd over him .
    Only lb that can actually match him is injured Halsteberg

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Brandt was also good and there would be no comeback win without him. But I forgot that people here hate his guts.

even when he has performed better at club level this season than other NT wingers.

5. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nobody hates Brandt. He just plays like ass every time he puts a DFB Trikot on.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #431 Ger90, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    talk about exaggeration, he had a good CC, so no, not every time. At the CC, he assisted Stindl's opening goal and everytime he came off the bench, he added some needed energy to the team. Majority of his appearances for Germany were from the bench as well.

you guys make it seem like he's a 27+ year old, he's only 21, most of his games for the NT he was 20-21. Still nowhere near his best yet. Talk about quick judgment, because he had 1-2 bad games (even though one of the bad games he had an assist), he should never play for Germany again based on so many comments here.

in terms of club level, he's a winger, who's fast approaching 10+ goals and 10+ assists this season. Only Sane has stats like that. Brandt is currently at 7 goals and 6 assists.

and my point was that even at club level, you guys don't want to give him credit. The post above, talks about Havertz, Tah, Henrichs, while completely ignoring Brandt's massive influence on the comeback win. Or when people say that outside of Sane most of our wingers aren't doing well. Well Brandt is doing well, him, Havertz, Bailey and Volland playing so well together is why Bayer were scoring non stop and rarely losing any games.

If I was to judge like you guys than Sane should never have played for Germany again either. Majority of his games for Germany, he was still very raw and didn't really do as much as he should have. Yet here we are, look at his current form and how he's getting better all the time. Although he still has yet to do anything with Germany. They are still youth players, no point in judging this early in their careers.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  7. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My issue with Brandt is that he is very loose in possession with Germany. He loses the ball often, due to bad passes or failed dribbles, and has close to 0 defensive work-rate and abilities. My opinion is based solely on watching his matches with the DFB team, as I do not watch Bayer's matches.

Some players are very good with their clubs, but can't translate that form to the NT and vice versa. I hope he improves, but I just don't see the quality yet.

8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #433 Ger90, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    and yet you do realize that the games you were talking about were games vs "minnows" at the WCQ, why would he need to defend when we have 4 defenders and we have all the possession? He does have work rate, not sure what your watching either? And a reason not to defend is called counterattacking.

the people at the dfb once mentioned that they we need players to try to take risks such as dribbling etc and that we should not punish players who do so. Brandt is doing exactly that. Yet you guys want to punish him.

It's all experience and a learning curve.

And again Sane has been actually worse than Brandt, more than once he seems to want to be selfish, while Brandt at least usually tries to be more of an assister. Yet I don't see anyone bashing Sane....

MatthausSammer repped this.
  9. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sane has been pants as well. I can't think of a single match for the DFB that he didn't look completely out of place on the pitch.

10. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sane has too much to offer on the pitch tho. And he is the only player who can take on defenders and offer some lacked explosiveness in the offensive end

I think we have quite many players with Brandt’s attributes, and play like wide playmakers

I like more explosive wingers. That’s why I still consider Schuerrle ahead of Brandt, Draxler and co.

11. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Member

May 21, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Are you kidding me hahahahhaha
    Sane is most profilic German winger
    Best assist man of ALL GERMAN players this year.
    TOP 5 winger on the world
    Don't copmare him with mediocre like Brandt

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    what does it have to do with the NT? Sane has done absolutely nothing while wearing the German gear and he won't even play in March so his next chances are in May-June.

my point is that neither Brandt nor Sane have done anything for Germany. They are both young and could still make a difference. Yet I only read Brandt bashing. Besides even if Brandt makes the WC team he's unlikely to even play as other players will be ahead.

nekkibasara and MatthausSammer repped this.
  13. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I like Brandt, but as said above what he offers is not a lot different in that he is more of a playmaker. Sane offers something different.

In terms of NT form you could argue neither have impressed as of yet, but in terms of where both are in their careers overall, Sane is clearly on another level. I highly doubt Brandt would be a regular starter for Man City at this point, let alone be a star performer which Sane is.

For that reason Sane's successful integration into the NT is more important then Brandt's, as he is more unique in what he offers the squad and has a far higher ceiling.

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah but who really expects Brandt to even play at the WC even if he makes the WC squad? You have Muller, Reus, Ozil, Sane, Draxler, Gotze (if he makes it) that can all be ahead. Let's not forget that some players in both WC14 and EC16 never once stepped on the field during the tournaments.

the whole point I'm making is how the Brandt bashing is uncalled for and basically based on like 1-2 games for a player who most of his NT caps have been as a sub. And the other player who's hailed has done nothing himself, so where's the bashing, it's not there. Just because Sane has a lot of potential and doing well while playing for one of best clubs in Europe filled with players that are all high class, doesn't change how he's performed for the NT. Brandt wouldn't fit Man City anyways, so not sure, why even bring that up. He also plays in a club that is more on the youthful side vs Man City side full of experience that are dominating a whole league. Nor does he have a Pep to guide him.

I think Brandt's integration is also important players like Reus, Ozil, Muller are fast approaching the end of their NT careers, we are getting closer for the need for new blood. The promising wingers from the youth levels are nowhere near ready for the seniors and Brandt is currently doing better than all the wingers not called Sane.

people who bash Mustafi for example is after seeing him doing so much wrong at the WC14. Even at EC16, even when he scored a goal he was pretty bad. At the CC, he also made numerous blunders. Had no good tournaments.

Brandt, 1 tourney for Germany, had 1 assist vs Australia in a barely win game. Which was the only game he started as after that Low. Put less guys forward and more in defense, which basically axed one of the wing spots. In that Australia game he linked up very well with the team. And the 2 other games that he played off the bench, he injected tons of energy that the team needed. One tournament, one success, yet people here trash him over friendlies and unimportant games.

and their response is Brandt is rubbish/terrible, don't ever call him again. This is the same forum that I've seen more than once saying things like Muller, Ozil need to be dropped because of poor club form or whatever. Seems like no confidence in any player and very quick for the sack.

15. Jordan Khamra

Jordan Khamra Member

May 21, 2014
    Players need to do their strengths and weaknesses. if you are not a good dribbler, don't dribble. I can only judge Brandt by his NT games. When I've seen him play he was careless and that can kill against good opposition.

16. Jordan Khamra

Jordan Khamra Member

May 21, 2014
    Sane is one of the best players in World class team and one of the best players in a World class league and trusted by one of the best coaches in the World... at this point of time, these players are not close to being comparable.

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    no they are comparable when playing for the NT because neither has done anything big, lack of consistency. Who says Brandt is a terrible dribbler? The point of the dfb was that we need players who can make a difference and that there is no harm in trying something. And we weren't playing any good opposition. What your talking about the carelessness never happened at the CC, it happened during the WCQ ones where we were all but in and had all the possession and were always going to qualify. So a player trying to be innovative is a good thing. Instead of the neverending passing that we tend to do.

Even Draxler who for years people kept saying he dribbles blablabla. When he plays for the NT, he rarely dribbles, seems almost afraid to do it and all he does is back passing.

whatever you guys believe whatever you like and continue to complain if the coach still picks him and continue to dismiss players based on a few games. I on the other hand, it doesn't bother me one bit if he still makes squads. And if he makes the WC, I'll have the last laugh.

18. Jordan Khamra

Jordan Khamra Member

May 21, 2014
    Wrong. You will have the last laugh if 1) He goes to the WC and Sane does not 2) if both go and Brandt outshines Sane.... barring an injury to Sane, I doubt see either happening.

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol, that doesn't even make sense, never once said Sane shouldn't go to the WC. It's like people here have reading comprehension. I said club level goals/stats, Brandt is only behind Sane. Still impressive given that Bayer Leverkusen is nowhere near the club or team that Man City is. I even said even if he makes the WC, there is no guarantee he ever sees the field as so many players could easily be ahead. Only thing I said about Brandt vs Sane is that NT wise both have done almost nothing but I would say given Brandt's contributions to the CC, he might be just a tiny bit ahead NT wise, but barely anything. Neither has done an amazing job in the German gear.

I'm not even saying Brandt should make the WC, only that the bashing here is beyond ridiculous. And that I have no problem if he does unlike you all. It's why I would have the last laugh because it doesn't bother me one bit.

anyways I'm moving on from this pointless debate, not like any of you will stop criticizing. I'm sure even if he scored a hat trick vs Brazil next month, you guys will still bash the kid.:D

nekkibasara and MatthausSammer repped this.
  20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    German Cup Semifinal draw
    Bayern vs Bayer
    Schalke vs Frankfurt

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    double 1BL victories over Serie A!!!

Dortmund barely beats Atalanta 3-2 at home, although a negative is that they conceded 2 away goals to Atalanta. It was also Dortmund's 1st Europe win this season.....:eek::oops:

while RB win 3-1 away from home vs Serie A leaders Napoli. With 3 away goals!

Raumdeuter repped this.
  22. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I expected more from Napoli given their position in the Serie A and how much has been said about Sarri. Leipzig beat them comprehensively. the scoreline even flattered Napoli

Ger90 repped this.
  23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    it's more impressive for sure given that Dortmund had the supposed easier match in playing Atalanta yet struggled against them.

I recall the discussion here was that RB might not even last beyond this point. Now it's highly likely they will make it, while Dortmund are not safe at all.

Raumdeuter repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

this is the loss of Toljan, Sule and Rudy. From those 3 only Sule is doing alright, the 2 others should never have moved.

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany