Bundesliga and the rest: Domestic and European competition discussion

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    If only Germany could produce a striker like Weghorst without getting them injured all the time

2. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Andre Silva another striker finding his form and has scored in consecutive Buli matches for Frankfurt

3. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013

4. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Schalke looking like a strong team again with David Wagner in charge, what a turnaround.

5. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Amine Harit one of the top players this season, it's going to be tough for Schalke to keep him at this rate

6. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Dortmund look like such a mentally weak team, they'll never challenge for the title

BVBFNM repped this.
  7. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    As a BVB fan I must say that as long as Favre is head coach we're never going to win anything. Favre is nothing but a mid-table manager who has never won a league title in 20+ years. I don't know why club management was so obsessed with hiring him.

Blueberry_night and dips82 repped this.
  8. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013

9. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I don't think you need to worry much about Favre. As it stands, I have strong feeling says at top he will remain in BVB until end of this season. Maybe faster than that, depends on how the season progress

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

11. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
  12. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Leipzig trail Lyon 0-1

13. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Another embarrassing display in Europe by a German team. Sad to say but these clubs just don't have the mental toughness and tactical ability to win at these stages.

14. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Lyon and Zenit look to be better clubs than Leipzig for this competition. Benfica lost again and took a further hit to their GD. So best thing for Leipzig would be if they finish third and sink to the Europa League.

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    not surprising RB Leipzig is rubbish don't let the league standing fool you and Nagelsmann still has a WAY to go in European football.

16. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
  17. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
  18. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Saw the highlights....they conceded 2 goals due to silly defensive mistakes and Werner missed 2 golden opportunities

19. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Leipzig's loss actually reminded me of a lot of the German NT games. Inefficient play and can't capitalize on great chances. And then the opponent are able to strike easily on counters and defensive mistakes.

20. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wolfsburg drew and go into the doubleheader vs Genk needing to win at least 1
    BmG drew lucky to get a late equalizer and will need a miracle to progress
    Frankfurt won away and will battle Liege for the second place behind Arsenal

21. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Werner for me is not a big player, definitely not in the ilk of ganebry or sane, even brand been disappointing

22. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Gladbach are a real risk to finish dead last in the group and still have the 2 matches vs Roma coming up. They just don't look tactically or mentally competitive at this level. Reminds me of Freiburg and Mainz in previous years.

23. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Favre is a coach who's stuck in the mindset of playing a false 9. Paco is out and they didn't bother signing a proper back up striker. Dortmund are going nowhere.

24. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Classic Dortmund chokers

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    always hated this about post Auba Dortmund. Enough with Paco or false 9, it's bull but he won't trust any II CFs no matter what they do and they also dumped Isak without ever giving him a chance because he prefers false 9.