Bundesliga 2018-19, Bayern Munich or bust!

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @hotjam2 You can't fake parity though... and even when other leagues try to do it, I'm still seeing final scores that look the exact same or worse than what a 6th place Frankfurt just did to a last place Gladbach.

Frankfurt, a club that used to fight Potsdam as the dominant force domestically and Europe, are now sat 6th in the league with them still retaining senior and junior international caliber talent. But you want to argue the league's flaws because they destroyed it's worst team..?

Surely the time to worry about the parity of the league, is when fellow relegation candidates are destroying the bottom placed club by 7 and 8 goals.

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ...:unsure: Pretty sure Popp, Däbritz, Schüller, have scored more or the same amount of goals. But I'd agree with you wanting to promote Hoppius as a surprise stand out goalscorer this season; as she's accomplishing the feat within a lowly MSV Duisburg side.

3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #203 hotjam2, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    Freigang tied at for 3rd place with 6 goals with six other players, including the ones's you mentioned. She's done it in less minutes than any of the others you posted, only Islacker & Minde had less minutes. Freigang has had to do it with a weaker squad/another comparison; last year's Frankfurt's center/fwd(wouldnt mention her name, otherwise we get back to the endless patronizing) only managed 4 goals all season long. Here's the current list(just scroll down)
    https://us.women.soccerway.com/national/germany/frauen-bundesliga/20182019/regular-season/r48804/

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #204 Batfink, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    @hotjam2 Freigang plays up front within a Frankfurt team that still posses enough talent to regularly feature names like Aschauer, Feiersinger, Pawollek, Groenen, Reuteler, providing assists.

So I'd wait before hyping her current feats in front of goal, as Martinez could easily come back from the U-17 WC and take a first team place from her.

And I say this believing Frankfurt aren't completely useless just yet, looking like they've just struggled to form a balanced team with any kind of continuity during the first half of the season.

This being similar to this seasons Freiburg team, struggling with random issues of cohesion, for a coach who's probably already making plans for next seasons Bayern side...:whistling:

5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I saw the Canada game in full & Martinez didn't look at all impressive out there as she was substituted early in the 2nd half after not getting single shot on target(though in all fairness, she was about the only real attacker as Germany bunkered most of the 1st half). Fuso was pretty good at CAM, but then, this is the spot where Germany has an unlimited supply(or at least, my opinion)

6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    should be a lot of talking points on the WOB/Hoffenheim game, but guess nobody else watched it. So here's the Bayern Muinch/Freiburg highlights
    Highlights: SC Freiburg - FC Bayern München

beautiful long shot by Beck(or is it about time for a new BM GK?) opens the scoring. In the never ending discussion on who's better; Hendrich or lil Leo; Henrich wins hands down in this match. She's scores the equalizer & gets the game winning assist in the 93 min., scored aptly enough by the lil Leo su,. Lewandowski/
    Another interesting play, FR's Klara Buhl stealing the ball from Leupolz & nearly scoring. She's only going to turn 18 this week, otherwise I really think she's got a bright future with the NT(I think more so than Gwinn), but you do got to embrace her athleticism(not an easy thing to do for one fan, lol)

8. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    LMAO that you're even comparing Hendrich and Maier when playing different roles in a game says a lot about you... :rolleyes: Especially when Maier's not even in contention to play CB

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So for starter than, It's lil Leo vs the last minute heroics of Lewandowski? I know who I would pick!

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You should probably try to watch her with more evidence than 50-60 mins of one match...:rolleyes:, but don't be shocked to see Martinez start league games for her club this season.

Germany's got various issues with the women's program, but I know both Martinez, and Stegemann, (without injuries) will be very impressive as they break through into senior league football.

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #211 Batfink, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    I think Bayern were very lucky to win this match, but why are you still trying to shape a false narrative around Maier, when a little thing called reality continues say the exact opposite to every one of your clearly biased conspiracies...?

I mean Maier is a FB, and still consistently contributes more assists and goals than any other player you feel should replace her. And for somebody who you continue to question defensively, I find it highly suspect to see you ignore her peers struggling in the exact scenarios you feel Maier weak...:confused:

LOL, I really like Hendrich, but the way you ignore her constant defensive failures as a CB/FB is ridiculous. And I think you've forgotten that Bayern signed Benkarth to become the next #1 GK, but she's injured, so....

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I know you have some weird issue with Japanese players, but it was actually Naomoto who initially stole the ball from Leupolz in mid-field, leading to Bühl going 1v1 versus (and beating) Hendrich for what should have been a penalty/goal.

But anyway... yes. I've also maintained that between Gwinn and Bühl, it's actually Bühl who's probably the player with the higher potential to become a truly elite senior international. So your not crazy for noticing this too....

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Plus, I find it interesting to see Gasper's form improving with Potsdam, and will be watching closely to see how she performs versus Wolfsburg, knowing how disappointing Rall's shown herself to be facing higher level opposition.

Fellhauer and Seims won't make it due to injury, but Pawollek, Hechler, Gasper, Wolter, Feldkamp, are young FB and DM options I wouldn't be shocked to see included in pre WC squads.

With Gasper's future as a potential senior team FB option likely to be in real focus should she be fit, start, and play well against Wolfsburg.

14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    why you think that the NT staff at this late stage, keeps looking for new players if they were firmly committed to Maier? Didn't see the game, but still, you had 5-6 possibly NT starters at BM that simply don't look impressive out there together. Then at the one game I did see WOB vs Hoff; Doorsoun had some weak defensive spots while Popp was barely visible, punctured that WOB's high powered offense went into 2nd gear once Harder, Hansen & Pajor were subbed.

This is why Rall & Latwein were given major playing time at the last set of NT games(to be honest, Wassmuth as well as others should of been given a chance too)

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    interesting, new scoring sensation,, Dorthe Hoppius, sporting an American accent(as well as an San Jose State Spartans t-shirt. Hoppius is currently is tied for 3rd goal scoring in the league. 3 out of the 4 players tied with 7 goals a piece(Hop. Freigang, Petermann, minus Schuller) at one point or another, applied their trade at American colleges, coincidence?

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The same reason they continue to pick various players not called Simon or Schweers at LB, and still lack a defined selection of players for mid-field, or the attack. It's a mess.

So it's not disapproval on Maier's individual quality forcing the national team coaches to make odd player selections for the RB role, as they've been doing this for EVERY position on this team over a pretty long period of time now.

Honestly... I don't think anybody can pick the German wnt's 1st choice team, as the coaches continue to make numerous changes every match.

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bayern have improved their squad, but clearly haven't been a great team all season. Still being rather reliant on Däbritz and Rolfö to score/create goals, within a team shape/defense that's clearly worse than it was last season. But this is supposedly all the players fault for lacking individual quality...:unsure:

And I'm sure Popp's been used in various roles for Wolfsburg this season, with this theme being repeated again as she started within a two player CM versus Hoffenhiem's 3 player CM, and still contributed a great assist for Pajor's goal.

So what's your point...?

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Freigang can't consistently control a football, possessing the first touch of a new born Deer. And most of Petermann's development has been in Germany too, making any potential correlation to her time in the NCAA, and her national team career, a rather horrible one with a little more research.

So no.. even if it's impressive knowing the lower level status of her current club, there's no coincidence with Hoppiuos scoring goals in this league, having played a part in the NCAA.

19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  20. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    0-0 at halftime, a lot of surprising 1v1 defending from Turbine; Elsig on Pajor, Zadrazil on Harder, Gasper on Hansen. Really tough for Jojo since she's the only CB, but also has to go upfield to mark Pajor, so occasionally left in the dust with her speed.
    Potsdam done a good job in keeping the ball in the midfield but keeps making one pass too many when trying to attack/none of Wob's counters have been successful but their getting close, perhaps only a matter of time..........

21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1-1 full time. Give credit to Turbine for not backing down as they did try to hold the middle even if it let She Wolves go into overdrive with lot of open counters. WOB will have a lot of soul searching to do if it wants to beat it's next opponent in the CL, Lyon.

22. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well a deserved draw for Potsdam. Elsig as you said has so much to do in the Potsdam defense - not her best game though... I'll give Potsdam creds for not backing down but trying to play despite the risk of Harder/Hansen/Pajor coming after them when losing the ball in the midfield

Strong same from Huth and Gasper today...

Maritz and Peter will doom Wolfsburg in the CL against Lyon, it's just not good enough

23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    WOB brought more offense by starting Gunnerdottir & Minde over Wolter & Neto(from last week's Hof. game), but WOW, Harder just couldn't get going! She was tightly marked by Zadrizil(who really wasn't known for defense), but was she playing at mid?(as it seemed Pajor was the lone fwd),

Got the feeling Lyon's going to keep watching tapes of this game & figure it's going to be easy just to mark individuals out of being viable(as compared to last week's Hof's ZONE defense which was so easy to penetrate), and they got a bunch of strong aggressive defenders in their arsenal to do it(Bronze, Mbock, Buchanen, Renard)

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    As the libero within Potsdam's back 3, Elsig looked really uncomfortable at times trying to cover multiple roles. But when she wasn't constantly helping Schmidt and Rauch, I thought she still really struggled deciding how to mark Pajor correctly, and especially whenever this saw the Wolfsburg forward drop slightly deeper to receive the ball to her feet.

So it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Ilestedt were playing instead of Schmidt, as it was pretty obvious for long periods of the match that Schmidt had been missing for most of the season, which definitely created some moments of indecision that almost cost their team conceding more goals.

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Which is why I couldn't understand seeing Gwinn receive wnt match time ahead of Huth, as these two players are clearly at very different stages in their careers, where I feel Huth is honestly miles apart from Gwinn for the ability to consistently provide decisive quality during high level matches.

And yes, being strong defensively during any 1v1, dynamic and constantly looking for the forward pass, not taking too many touches of the ball, Gasper produced a really good individual performance.

Meaning, it probably won't be too long before Gasper receives senior team recognition for one of the FB roles.