Bundesliga 2018-19, Bayern Munich or bust!

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I'd love to see the game... but judging from highlights, Leupolz played some nice balls in her DM role and Lohmann was playing higher up at the pitch. I thought Gerhardt was a winger though?... :cautious:

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Lohmann in the squad for the upcoming games against Spain and Italy as Hrubesch has a thing for talents... :whistling:

2. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Peter's done and dusted for the NT. She might be kept around for her "experience", but she's not gonna be regularly playing for the NT if MVT isn't stupid.

Yes Bayern are still rather poor tactically it feels like, and Wörle feels also slightly arrogant sometimes. With Dallmann - who knows what would've happened...

Freiburg's has been rather poor the whole season though... I believe it's a combination of Scheuer and his player material this season...

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Very similar to Schweers, Gerhardt has experience playing both LB and winger. I just think it's still unknown where she'd be most effective for her club though, as she's realistically not going to be finding match time ahead of wide options like Rolfö - Däbritz - Beerensteyn - Skorvankova - Roord - Lohmann.

So if she's going to stay at Bayern, I feel she'll only improve her chances to potentially start matches if it's within a FB role. And even if she does this, it still won't guarantee any future senior team selection, when both Siems and Hechler, will probably continue to impress for their clubs too.

I mean it's like Rall. A player who's often both a winger and a RB at club level, only being picked for the national team as a RB because it's where she could be most useful.
    That would be really interesting, but it would also require somebody leaving the squad... and who would that somebody be..?

Remeber, Marozsan and Leupolz will probably come back into the next squad, meaning the options are going to be pretty full now, and this without the inclusion of any new names.

4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    now that she don't has to babysit Kiwic horrible defense(as she's once again on the bench). Elsig's been on fire! As shown in the highlights, she sets up the 1st goal with a nice steal & quick, long pass, then scores the 2nd goal herself
    https://tv.dfb.de/video/highlights-turbine-potsdam-vs-sc-freiburg/23504/

and finally Potsdam is starting Petermann, I think the team will prosper like this(until they meet WOB, lol)

5. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I mean Germany could just make the midfield/attack pool the same and drop Petermann as I don’t believe she’s needed these days with Schüller in the squad
    I’d be slightly surprised though if Lohmann’s not in the squad, I think she has been very impressive

So while I think Leupolz will be the preferred DM and Marozsan will be subbed on, I think Lohmann could get a shot in the midfield as Schweers’s injured and Däbritz might partner Leupolz

Yes Elsig’s a great CB but has some really ugly mistakes at times in a Potsdam team relying on her a lot these days...

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Petermann joined Potsdam with a better record as a forward than Kemme's final season with the club, so there shouldn't be any excuses for her not being able to contribute as a really important player on her new team.

Plus should her run of uninspiring form at Potsdam continue, this seasons version of Schüller will keep Petermann out of credible contention for WC selection.

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I agree, her form has been impressive. But even if Petermann actually left out of future squads, there's still no place for Lohmann in a potential WC squad without the coaches removing am established regular from the current senior team 22 player pool.

So Rauch - Rall - Knaak - Rolser are the only names I'd think most replaceable right now, but if Marozsan finally used as a CAM to partner Popp, I would begin to have more belief in Lohmann's chances of any potential senior team recognition as a CM.

The little I've seen of Leupolz as a DM says there's other players in the league more capable of playing DM for the national team. But seeing how Leupolz, Magull, Hendrich, Lohmann, all play for the same club, it should be easy to discover what combination works during the season.

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well, the few matches she's started as a FB for Wolfsburg, her productivity has already seen a significant improvement over anything coming from Maritz or Blässe.

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    it will depend on if MVT sticks with the 2 fwds(ala Horst) or goes to lone striker spot. as to whether Petermann, Knaak or Kayicki have a chance to make the WC roster.

remember, past their prime vets like Laudehr, Goessling & Peter will try to make the team as well use whatever pull they got available(perhaps buddies with Neid, whose buddies with MTV? lol) Add injury riddled players trying to make a comeback(Bremer, Lotzen, Kemme) and a new coach that will have to start implanting her own vision, should make things interesting

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Seeing how few goals Petermann, Rolser, Popp, Kayicki, score as forwards in this league, it should be obvious to the dummies aka the national coaches by now, it doesn't matter if the team play 2, 3, or 11 forwards in the same team.

Their not going to be anymore effective as a team, forcing everybody to operate within a two striker system, when Germany's best most creative goal threats are all AM's.

Seriously, you don't need anymore than 2-3 forwards on this squad, when the coach has Huth - Däbritz - Marozsan - Dallmann - Magull - Schüller, all fully capable of being highly effective forwards.
    Having individuals come into to an already well established national team program, to impose their own vision on a group of already successful players, is a big reason why the current German wnt program has struggled so badly lol.

And it's highly unlikely Bremer or Lotzen (I'm sure their injuries aren't the kind people return to themselves very quickly) will be WC candidates, with Kemme surely needing to be super impressive on her return with Arsenal, if she has any realistic hopes of forcing her way back into the national team squad, no?

11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's highlights of WOB's CL match with Athletico Madrid. AT currently leads the Spanish league over the more heralded Barca. but don't stop WOB from obliterating them in their usual manor

in the meantime, Bayern Munich's ponderously slow offense grinds out a 3-0 win over Zurich(full game at the CL thread)

blissett repped this.
  12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I've seen opinion suggesting 16yo Oberdorf completely dominated her duels against Bayern's CM, in the process looking another level above Lohmann.

So Bayern's continued problems probably have to do with a lot more factors beyond their "ponderously slow offense"...:whistling:

13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Score in; Frankfurt beats Freiburg on Batfinks arch nemesis Freigang's hatrick

Freigang for NT! lol

the BM/Sand game got fun after Sand tied it up. Again, with all the talent, why does BM take so long to get it's offence going?

btw.......lil Leo dive, about the only time she did anything in this game!

looks like TP is on a roll, 7-0 scoreline. this Petermann with a hatrick. Got to wait to see if they once again with the 3-back

14. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Maier and Hendrich had to do a lot of defending today due to Bayern's midfield looking quite underwhelming... I mean Lohmann is decent as 6 but is much better playing 8 lol

Wörle has a really great squad but doesn't seem to get it right

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    do you know why Rolser & Leupolz didn't play in this game?

seems like they moved Beeresteryn a little up from her previous winger position, but it didn't help as once again, for most of t he game BM looks very slow building their attacks since Worle is in the tradition of Jorgie/Neid/Jones which means winning midfield domination before going on the offense.

unfortunately it lets the opponents hurry back & set up their defenses and this is why a team like BM(who's any players of starting 11 are arguably better than any of SC Sands) looks so lackluster out there. After the Sands goal, BM finally did play more hybrid(as this is what I wish they would of sone from the start).

and notice, it's not like Sand was bunkering. far from it, as they took out their pretty decent right back, Sahlen, & brought in a straight fwd, in Arnold, around the 60th minute. Thus they were exposed, it BM with it's predictable slow passing style couldn't figure it out until the last waning moments

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    She went to the US, and came back to Germany unable to control a football... but your always going to look great when the highlights of a match shows you scoring 3 goals completely unchallenged inside the penalty box...:rolleyes:

Some really nice passes exposed Freiburg's awful defense again, but I can only give Freigang credit for being in the right place at the right time, and nothing more than that.

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Because their coach somehow managed to forget his best starting 11 from last season, and the basic comprehension of the benefits continuity provides.

Meaning he stupidly rotates Rolser - Roord - Däbritz - Rolfö, even though they're still clearly his clubs most effective attacking options, and this with all of them playing in the one area of the field that didn't require major rebuilding after last season's progress.

Oh, plus not knowing where or how he's supposed use Hendrich and Magull, two names also known for being two of the leagues best mid-field players from last season lol.

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If he's going to play Skorvankova because she's the more mature option, he really shouldn't be starting Lohamann next to her in a 4-2-3-1.

Their horrible encounter with Wolfsburg should have facilitated a return back to what they were doing last season, but....:confused:

19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    so Bayern Munich might make it after all into the CL finals(instead of WOB)

quarters

Slavia Prague vs BM

Lyon vs WOB

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Good... I'm honestly tired of watching Wolfsburg reaching UCL finals to just end up looking terrible versus a tactically superior Lyon side.

Yes, they've long looked good enough to consistently reach finals if they never meet Lyon early, but what's the point if their just going to end up being completely dominated without making any adjustments to their game play/style...?

Meaning now their coaches HAVE to acknowledge how poor they've been over the years versus this one particular team, and actually try something more effective than hope an individually strong front 4 will save the day being individually strong...:rolleyes:

21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    can't find highlights or replays but another shockingly badly coached game., this time from Essen. It's so bad that they make the 17 year old Klara Buhl look like a bonafide superstar. Kinda easy though since they leave only one defender to hold down the entire width of their half! with Linda Dallmann still out recovering from her "slight injury", Essen seemed rather clueless out there, made harder that Lea Schuller only came in to the game at the 60th , when the rest of Essen looked all ready completely demoralized by Buhl's relentlessly fast breaks.

Sorry to say, but this sorta German panache to leave their defense wide open should of ended with the Jorgie disaster in Russia!

23. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Talking about players missing open goals lol, it looked like a crazy game between Hoffenheim and Duisburg.

25. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's highlights of Frankfurt's win over B;Moch, This turns into a huge route, Makes me wonder if the Bundesliga needs to cut down to just 9 1st division teams? There's a lot of pro's & cons to this; obviously the league has lost it's rep as the ,most balanced in Europe, it even hurts WOB's chances of getting good competition in before they meet up vs Lyon in the CL. On the other hand, new German stars are emerging; for instance the top German scorers are now Freigang, Hoppius & Wassmuth.
    Highlights: 1. FFC Frankfurt vs. Borussia Mönchengladbach