Bundesliga 2018-19, Bayern Munich or bust!

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I would speculate various people involved in the running of the DFB's women's leagues, are still very aware of the past constant feast or famine cycle of rival pro leagues, negatively effecting the progress of a long term self sustaining professionalism within elite European female club football.

Probably resulting in Bundesliga clubs holding onto ideas of needing to be more economical with their annual budgeting, even though the self sustaining part of elite women's football no longer a factor for rival European clubs now under the umbrella of increasing numbers of huge male clubs.

This pattern of old female teams obtaining financially stable male club affiliation, even potentially becoming a reality for famous German women's clubs like FFC Frankfurt; with them supposedly holding talks to merge with Eintracht Frankfurt.

So German women's football obviously recognizes there's various issues with the current attitudes towards professionalism, but given the nature of the German football as a whole, I don't see it resulting in the nations biggest male clubs investing EPL amounts of money into the non profit pursuit of funding elite women's teams.

2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    uuugh, Batfink gets one on me as Bloodsworth(fromerly known as Jansen) moves from Arsenal tp WOB. But really was hoping now that Doorsoun will finally own an starting CB spot as really been ridiculous that the coach has been keeping her out of games
    60450932_135568110850086_5688654070901453773_n.jpg

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #453 Batfink, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
    @hotjam2 I don't know how this effects Doorsoun, but Bloodworth like Doorsoun is also a formerly unheralded player who spent 2 years at mid table Essen, before moving to Arsenal, and now eventually finding her way back to the Bundesliga with Wolfsburg.

Proving my point that you a far too dismissive of talent within this league, just because they play for mid table teams, or come from nations you don't regard as elite; only choosing to praise this same disregarded foreign talent pool should they find their way to rival English, French, or American clubs...:rolleyes:

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    But I know I've been far to quick to dismiss various players within the leagues mid-table clubs, incorrectly assessing Dallmann as a mediocre player...:confused:, with my disparaging analysis of Knaak potentially about to be exposed as seriously flawed opinion very soon too lol.

Making you wonder why Wolfsburg don't try to recruit more of the best players from within the very same league they compete each week...?

5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  6. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    blissett repped this.
  7. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana

blissett repped this.
  8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Although she's already 36, I guess Lindhal is a quality signing for Wolfsburg! :thumbsup:

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  9. thedexeter

thedexeter Member

Washington Spirit
    United States
    Jul 6, 2015
    Where does that leave Schult, I wonder, will Lindahl get significant minutes over her? Yes, she's 36 but we're still talking about one of the best keepers in the game, interesting signing.

blissett repped this.
  10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Maybe Schult is going to move abroad herself? Just speculating.

11. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Schult has picked up a shoulder injury and needs surgery. She will be out for quite some time, which I guess is the main reason to Lindahl signing. Wolfsburg need a reliable short term solution in Schult's absence.

thedexeter and blissett repped this.
  12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thank you very much for the accurate news, as ever. :)