Bundesliga 2018-19, Bayern Munich or bust!

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think Minde will replace one of them at FB, but your right... it was Wolfsburg's most obvious weakness the last time these teams faced each other, and Wolfsburg still seem stupidly ambivalent towards trying to fix it lol.

So even if I think Wolfsburg a better team now, with a few players maturing, and others finally appearing to have full comprehension of their roles within the team system, I can't imagine Lyon forgetting just how easy it was to expose Maritz and Blässe.

2. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Minde plays everywhere on the left side for Wolfsburg really
    Dickenmann will play when she gets back so Minde will have to settle for a LB spot against Maritz..

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I thought Dickenmann had a torn ACL, and would miss the rest of the season...?

And even if I still don't understand how Simon was allowed to join Lyon after having multiple seasons within the Bundesliga to display exactly how she could improve Wolfsburg's team...:confused:. It will be interesting to see how Wolfsburg approach the two UCL matches, just to see how they attempt to conceal the obvious FB flaws in their team.

4. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Tbh not sure how long Dickenmann’s gonna be out

And tbh Doorsoun doesn’t justify herself starting for WOB at all these days...

5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    so now the Wolfies have come out with their own 3 back version? In this one, mainly Gunnerdottir comes back at central back splits Fisher & Doorsoun to the side, FB's Peter & Mariz move up higher.

and Goessling comeback; very visible during the game, but loosing the ball to Freigang for the easy goal could of lost her chance for an NT spot. Hopefully likewise with the Peter deflection!

6. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    If Gössling should play somewhere in the NT, it’s as a DM...

7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    isn't that what she played today?(though it was hard to tell with the roving back line(don't blame WOB though for trying something new)

8. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yes, more offensive than Gunnarsdottir - Although moved down to CB as Doorsoun (who was poor today) got subbed off for Neto

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    looking at the individual goal scoring standings as were all ready past the half season mark, with 10 goals a piece, it's a 4 way battle at the moment at 2nd place' Dabritz, Islacker, Harder & Schuller.. with last year's 2nd/3rd place finishers(Magull & the injured, Dallmann) left in the dust.
    Summary - Frauen Bundesliga - Germany - Results, fixtures, tables and news - Women Soccerway
    Islacker gas gotten hers in less than half the minutes of Dabritz. does this mean she might get a chance again on the NT? Schuller had to step up since the missing Dallmann, but didn't look good in the 2 back to back broadcasts(on the dfb site) vs Freiburg. Below that you got newbies, Freigang, Hoppius & Oberdorf with a 8 goals. They don't have the benefit of playing on a stronger side, will they get chance for the NT?

compounding the situation is B; Mochengladbach horror defense, who keeps letting an average of 5-6 goals in per game in)even 2nd to last place Bremen scored 5 goals against them

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @hotjam2 The always underrated offensive quality of Däbritz is even more impressive when you understand she's primarily a wide AM, and STILL scores at the rate of of forward...:confused:. But beyond Schüller, I see no point having the national team wasting any more time on forward options.

Plus Oberdorf is basically a baby Marozsan, and simply a guarantee to eventually become a super impressive young senior international. But still aged 16/17, I don't see the need for the senior coaches to forcibly accelerate her development.

Popp, Petermann, Marozsan, Schüller, are all the forwards the national team needs come the WC. And even if another attacking place became available, I'd honestly prefer options like Bremer, or Kemme, came back into contention.

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Remember when I said it only becomes a problem for the league if rival relegation opponents start to score 5, 6, and 7 goals, against a beleaguered Gladbach... well yeah...

[​IMG]

12. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    WOB & BM will be meeting each right after the two month break. BM finds itself only 3 points behind in the standings, despite having the notable injuries. Essen is at 3rd, but Potsdam & Hoff got an make up game.
    Islacker is the 2nd leading scorer in the league. From what I've seen, more of a target player, as she doesn't have the pace for quick, counters. But there could be a case for making the WC squad cause she works well with Dabritz, Magull, Schweers & co(otherwise she wouldn't be scoring all those goals).
    Dabritz is at #3 in scoring, but with assists, matches Ewa Pajor's totals. So she could be up for the league;s MVP. Sadly, last year's unofficial mvp, Dallmann. seems to be MIA, any updates on when she'll be back?
    here's the standings/scoring leaders
    Summary - Frauen Bundesliga - Germany - Results, fixtures, tables and news - Women Soccerway

noticing too that for last game BM also went into a 3-back, is this the newest craze?

14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  15. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Bayern with the weirdest lineup ever lol

16. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nice halftime lead by BM, but they have significantly reduced the German presents for I take it a more physical squad. But Dabritz, Leopolz & Hendrich dominating in there
    On the other hand Goessling can't play defence anymore!

17. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Why is Gössling’s in the defense anyway when she’s a class midfielder?

Oh wait because Doorsoun’s been poor this season so Lerch forces her into a CB position lol

18. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    DANG is that Laudehr,? Didn't even know she was even in the game till Now

19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So post report?; finally the BM coach played a way more efficient, attacking style which got his attackers behind the lines before WOB could get,set up defensively. Can't blame Mueller for going that route or his player choices, but at the same time too many prominent German players sitting on the sideline; lil Leo, Magull, Islacker while Schweers & Demann got only small change at in the 2nd half against what's really the only super team left in the Bundesliga, making it harder for MVT who should start vs what looks like currently the best NT in, the world in France.
    Harder yet is for WOB to figure in just 4 weeks how it's going to defend vs Lyon in the CL after leaving in 4 goals in. You be sure, they were missing Schult inthus one as the sub GK fumbled several times. But taking Doorsoun out o the starting lineup as,of late is on my book a major mistake, ad they seem to have no real answer or alternative

20. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Maier’s injured

21. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Gwinn is leaving Freiburg for Bayern and Jojo is staying with Potsdam :thumbsdown:

Then who exactly will replace Fischer??

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think their coach recognized his teams more obvious weakness facing Wolfsburg's pressing game, and made the necessary adjustments towards his players ability to compete the second time they faced the league leaders.

It's only after Wolfsburg finally adjusted their attack during the 2nd half, that it forced Bayern back into the same overwhelmed defensive patterns that saw them conceded 6 goals the last time they saw Pajor and Harder up close lol.

Removing Hansen from the equation, recognizing Wolfsburg's weakness out wide in the FB areas, while using Laudehr as a libero was smart risk to take. And all this was helped even more with Wolfsburg missing their first choice GK too.

But for the smallest margins of a goal post, and one excellent GK save, this match could have easily seen Wolfsburg draw or even win, so...:confused:

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't think Gwinn will be the last player at Freiburg to join Bayern either... for better or worse, it seems to be the nature of their relationship.
    Like Simon prior to her exit from Freiburg, it just made the most sense for Elsig to join Wolfsburg. But it also wasn't hard to guess that a foreign international signing always most likely option for Wolfsburg to replace Fischer.

24. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Huth’s joining Wolfsburg - most likely as a replacement for Caro Hansen

So Elsig will be stucked within a Potsdam team with zero chance

25. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid