BRRRRRR....It's Cold Outside - January Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by juveeer, Sep 3, 2017.

1. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I wish I could be more enthusiastic, but for me this is Ouasim Buoy part two until proven otherwise.

Assuming it actually becomes officially official, which seems to be a real hurdle for us each and every transfer window...

2. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
  3. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think its safe to say Rugani will be sold this summer. Just get a high price for him please. Clearly Allegri isnt gonna let him play this season, he'd be lucky to get 10 min rest of the season if all the guys stay healthy. With Caldara coming, just cash in before his youth is wasted on our bench.

4. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Who should be benched to play Rugani?

5. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Benatia maybe?

6. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    He has been our best defender over the last 2-3 months.

ArtemioD, scirea6 and Dante repped this.
  7. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    More nonsense.

calabrese8 repped this.
  8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Before people think the Fernandes deal is bad business keep in mind that he’s 18, he’s a buy with an eye on the future.

9. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Oh, I don't think it's bad business, I just don't trust Raiola as far as I can throw the fat f*ck.

Falc repped this.
  10. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That is not far at all. In fact, probably not any movement at all although I bet you can make that bastard run away.

scirea6 and phat repped this.
  11. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is he going on loan to Sassuolo or they needed a new ball boy?

12. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    This is probably one of the nicest things anybody has ever said to me, @Falc. Thank you. :inlove:

EDIT: But yeah, if I actually tried to throw Mino Raiola, I'd be crushed. Literally.

St. Michael's Sword and Falc repped this.
  13. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #613 scirea6, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    SKY is reporting that we have signed 22 year-old Siracusa defend Giangiacomo Magnani is conjunction with Perugia, where he will remain for the rest of the season.

I'm starting to wonder if we've essentially become a de facto, quid pro quo charity for small clubs. It seems more and more often that clubs like Perugia come to us in order to fund the signings they want, and in exchange entitling us, in the future, to the partial or full rights of either the player's contract or the money made off their sale.

I mean seriously, what use does our first team have for a 22 year-old still playing at a club like Siracusa (and I don't mean that condescendingly)? Unless he's the second coming of Moreno Torricelli (which he is not), absolutely nothing except establishing some kind of relationship with Perugia. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

EDIT: On a side note...

I wish this would benefit just about any other small club in Italy. Given what happened to us in Perugia all those years ago, I'd like nothing more than to see that club cease to exist. That's how bitter I still am about that thwarted title.

juveeer and ArtemioD repped this.
  14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mino Raiola isn't his agent, or at least that's what his current agent is saying.

15. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Oh thank goodness.

As far as I can gather from social media, the Italian sports press is still reporting as if Raiola was Fernandes's agent. I strenuously hope they're wrong.

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve have reportedly sold Pol Lirola to Sassuolo for €7.5 million.

Juve's bid for Han was rejected by Cagliari

17. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    So why does Mino get away with the stuff that he does... with soccer being such huge industry, why do teams let him play the game he does?

Who protects him?

We dont live on a planet where any one man can wrestle with giants and win... it doesnt exist, that is the story they tell people that gets kids idol worshipping and peoply buying into the hype... but its not reality.

You mess with powerful people's livelyhoods and you typically get squashed... especially in the corporate world which is nothing except hostile takeover and cut throat business tactics devoid of ethics.

18. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's because of clubs like Man City, United, PSG, Real, Chelsea maybe even Barca that don't worry about being extorted for large transfer sums and contracts. Say clubs like Juve, Dortmund, Tottenham, Bayern, Arsenal, Liverpool say they've had enough with his tactics and agree not to buy players represented by him (which tend to be some of the best in the world). Then you have the clubs previously mentioned that don't have to worry about money just swiping them up with no problems and we will be stuck with the scraps. It becomes cyclical because the best players will want him because he can practically guarantee that you will play for clubs like City, United, Real and be some of the highest paid players.

This my opinion, and also why he is able to get away with getting 30% of our transfer fee from United.

Daei_10 repped this.