Broken Promises and Political Deception by Al Gore*

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by phats_away, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes, you are correct. I should have specified the east coast of Florida and particularly the southeast coast as being where the liberal buffoons reside. The west coast, particularly Collier County (Naples) is filled with good, conservative folks from the Midwest.

2. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    Famous last words - I remember how Bill Clinton was supposed to toast running against Bush sr.

Hell, Nixon lost in his first run for the presidency, and he was a well-known shady character with no charisma. Yet he later won - twice. 2004 is far into the future.

3. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    No, that's where the conservative buffoons go ;)

4. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    Didn't Al Gore get more votes than Dubya, and should therefore be President ?. Or would that be counting the ones the poof, limpwristed, bed wetting Commies that didn't push the button in a good, moral Christian way when they voted ?:D.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Democrat, they're a bunch of big business blowing dimwits as well. All your politicians are pillocks, just like my PM.

5. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    President Bush won the Electoral College, which is the Constitutional system we use to elect presidents in this country. Had the popular vote been the system, a totally different campaign tactic would've been used by both camps. Saying Gore had more votes is like saying the team that had more corner kicks (but less goals) won the soccer game. That's not the object of the game.