"Bro, do you even Madridismo?" - A Historical, Cultural & Philosophical Primer of Real Madrid CF

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by macaluca, May 7, 2007.

1. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    On this day in 1997 this goal was scored.

[​IMG]

Excape Goat and sleepyvato50 repped this.
  2. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Happy birthday The Prince.

REDONDO REAL MADRID MAGAZINE.jpg

3. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Real Madrid was known for their team in their late 1950's. However, domestically, Real Madrid's dominance actually began in the 1960's.

Between 1960 and 1969, Real Madrid won La Liga 8 times. They failed to win in 1960 and 1966. They won the European Cup on both occasions.

4. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why should a club as prestigious as Real Madrid not have a treble? Other major clubs like Inter Milan, Barcelona, Manchester United, Bayern Munich have all had trebles. It's the ultimate prize, it means that you have beaten all comers on all fronts, and you are the undisputed best team on everything you compete on.

Excape Goat repped this.
  5. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Real Madrid failed to win a trophy in the 1970-71 season for the first time in 17 years. Gents retired and Manuel Sanchis Sr. left the club. Amancio was also old. Every fan expected the club to spend money on new players. Instead, Bernabeu bought unknown players from the low divisions.

One of them was the 19 years old Carlos Santillana from Santander. Two years before, Barcelona tried to sign him for 600 pound. His club demanded 1500 pounds for him. Barcelona moved onward. He went to Santander, instead. At the time of writing, he is the 4th all-time leading scorer of Real Madrid behind Raul, Ronaldo and Do Stefano.

Buyo, S1na, Ahmadi8 and 1 other person repped this.
  6. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I meant Gento.

One more story here.....

In 1973, Yugoslavia and Spain tied for the first place at the WCQers for the WC Finals in West Germany. Spain met Yugoslavia for a playoff game to determine the last remaining WC spot for the Finals. Yugoslavia beat Spain 1-0.

Real Madrid was impressed with the manager of Yugoslavia, Miljan Miljanic. He joined the club the following season.

Prier to Miljanic joining the club, Real Madrid was at one of the lowest point in history. Miguel Munoz, the manager of Real Madrid's glorious victory over Frankfurt at the 1960 European Cup, was forced out by the fans(he resigned, despite Bernabeau trying to hold onto him). His replacement Luis Molowny, a former player, did not produce results. Johan Cruyff's Barcelona beat us 5-0.

Miljanic made dramatic changes to the club. He insisted on physical condition of the team. His only condition of joining the club was to bring in compatriot Srećko "Felix" Radišić as the fitness coach to the team. He became the first ever fitness coach in Real Madrid history. He won the Double in his first season, but he used boring tactics that were not approved by the fans. At the Cup Winners' Cup, Real Madrid was eliminated by Miljanic's old club Red Star Belgrade in the quarter-final. On the first leg, RTeal Madrid led 2-0. On the return leg, Miljanic refused to travel to Yugoslavia. He had spent his entire playing career with Red Stars and coaching them. he could not bear to coach against his former team at home. The Red Stars beat Real Madrid 2-0 and went on to eliminate them on penalties.

Miljanic won the league twice in his three seasons with Real Madrid. Please don't forget he was coaching against Cruyff's Barcelona. However, the fans disliked his boring tactics. He was sacked following the 1976-1977 season.

Buyo, Saeta Rubia, ChrizG13 and 5 others repped this.
  7. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Real Madrid and Yugoslavia have deep roots :D

Saeta Rubia, ChrizG13 and Excape Goat repped this.
  8. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    My selection of an All-Spanish Best XI

-- I excluded di Stefano, Puskas, etc who played for the Spanish national team.

[​IMG]

RealMadridista and S1na repped this.
  9. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #384 Excape Goat, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    All-Argentine at Real Madrid.

I know nothing much about Aranguren. I could drop him and use Di Stefano at midfield. Then, I would add Hector Rial upfront and move Higuain to the right wing.

[​IMG]

All-German at Real Madrid
    Heinze and Puskas were ethnic German. Prosinecki was born in West Germany.

[​IMG]

S1na repped this.
  10. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Prosinecki is croat and nothing else bro...

And how is puskas ethnic german?

11. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Place of birth: Schwenningen, West Germany
    His father, Franz (Ferenc) Sr. (1903–1952) was a Danube Swabian of German ethnicity.

12. MadridistaElComanche

Sep 17, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Feel free to delete this post but I think there should be a thread for general, more loose Real Madrid discussion, stuff that probably doesn't warrant a new thread on here...

13. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ok so if Prosinecki is german then puskas is hungarian or at least spanish...

14. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It is just a fun post that I came up with an ethnic team. Puskas, Heinze and Proseinski were just filling holes on the team. I would have come up with different ethnic team too if I can find enough players for each country. My problem is the goalkeeper position. I only did Argentinian and German because we had Dominguez and Illgner.

RealMadridista repped this.
  15. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  16. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Real Madrid 1996 to 2003

Capello's first stint with the club built that team.

17. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #392 RealMadridista, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    Dont tell that to Florentine Lovers :D Sanz is a bad man..And Cappelo is a boring coach..

Its funny how by the end all these people mock the Galactico era

18. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Capello came back and won the league title again breaking barcelona's run..... Schuster's team was his too.

19. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yup....he is mr savior

20. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Juanito was one of the most popular player ever. After Matthaus gave a brutal tackle on Chendo in this 1987 European Cup semifinal match, Juanito attacked Matthaus. Manuel Sanchis also stamped on Matthaus after Juanito. Yes, Juanito was brutal, but he also did it to protect his teammate. Because of this, he was given a 5 year ban on European football. He left Real Madrid the season after and his career with us ended because of this.

RMSocrates, Shay Z, Aimar 21 and 3 others repped this.
  21. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  22. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I forgot to mention Pepe never made the team. He was only on loan or trial. Sporting did not buy him for reasons I do not really know for sure.

RealMadridista and Zidane05 repped this.
  23. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I found this bird's eye view of Van Nistelrooy's volley goal vs Valencia today. I never noticed the teamwork build-up before. It was fantastic teamwork and ended with Van Nistelrooy's brilliant shot.

King John Blaze, Umar, Caden X and 4 others repped this.
  24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Love that goal!

25. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    "Real madrid is no longer just a football team, it's becoming a global religion"
    -Ancelotti

FB_IMG_1462398094700.jpg