"Bro, do you even Madridismo?" - A Historical, Cultural & Philosophical Primer of Real Madrid CF

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by macaluca, May 7, 2007.

1. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    I have some memorabilia from that match posted above if anyone is interested I can dig it out and take some photos

temesgen, Excape Goat and S1na repped this.
  2. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    On February 5th, 1984, Butragueno made his debut with Real Madrid.

A year later, again, on February 5th, another number 7 of Real Madrid was born in Funchal, Portugal. We all know his name, right?

temesgen, Deep Pal, yoanaidarov and 2 others repped this.
  3. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    God i miss him

[​IMG]

Deep Pal, temesgen and yoanaidarov repped this.
  4. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I was re watching some Real Madrid old videos and i saw this. Second leg semi final CL 2000 at Munich Olympic. Bayern fans holding this banner ...

REAL BANKRUPT(?) 400,000,000 (USD?)

[​IMG]

I forgot how much in debt Real was when Perez became the president (Ridiculous comparing to the present financial statue of the club) .
    Anyway despite the debt we beat them dramatically while they had beaten us 4-1 and 4-2 in the group stage.
    This was my favorite CL season.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Uli Hoeneß was always the number one person behind these kinds of campaigns, him and Rummenigge were talking about Real Madrid's finances all day, evne just a few years ago, i'm going to post something about it in the Other teams thread if you care about it. You might have noticed that since the guy went to jail, his campaigns agaisnt the way other clubs do business have stopped being a "topic".

Deep Pal and S1na repped this.
  6. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yeah it's an interesting subject for me. I did not know that it was being organized by Hoeneß campaign. Thought of it as a simple trolling by Bayern fans.

7. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    With due respect, the greatest Real Madrid goalkeeper in history is not Iker Casillas. I am not putting Iker down. I actually believe he himself would be proud of being number 2.

Years ago, I went to Barcelona's museum. They had his shoes on display. That said something about Zamora's greatness!

http://www.fifa.com/classicfootball/players/player=44774/

S1na repped this.
  8. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    what? he is Spain's greatest ever keeper, how is he not the greatest?

Some people.....

Ƭяιиιтʏ repped this.
  9. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You are talking about Iker or Zamora?

10. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    Iker, obviously, you know the guy that won the world cup as captain and euros, twice...

11. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You just passed off two opinions as a fact in one sentence to criticize someone who had a very valid opinion. Some people indeed.

12. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    Your saying he is not? smh.....

13. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Last player who scored 5 in one match was Morientes in a 7-0 win against Las Palmas in 2002. Today is his birthday. Happy birthday El Moro.

[​IMG]

14. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zamora is one of five greatest goalkeepers ever played. Iker is great, but he does not get near the absolute elite.

15. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    IMO I would go with Iker, but there is a reason the best La Liga goalkeeper trophy is named after Zamora and that Zamora is considered one of the top goalkeepers of the past century (ahead of Schmeichal, who is the best keeper I have seen play). Not sure why you make it seem so clear cut.

4x4s repped this.
  16. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    No he is not lmao

Is he better than Banks? Yashin? Zoff? Buffon? Casillas? Maier? Schmeichel? Neves? Dasayev? Shilton?

Zamora was good, but not as great as is claimed by you, when the award was named back in 1958 there wasn't many Spanish keepers to really choose from, Zamora being the stand out took the distinction, but in his career he was a drunk, a bum and a thug.

He was great for Barcelona and Espanyol by all accounts by not to the lofty heights of which we have seen keepers achieve in the last 55 odd years.

17. KickersFTW

KickersFTW Member+

Jan 12, 2012
    RVA (Soccer hotbed)
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys quick question I thought this was the best place. What are your views on Real dropping the cross because of bank deal? I mean it just comes across as religious intolerance.

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The cross doesn't have anything to do with the club itself, more with the crown on top of what was the original Real Madrid logo. The people that should be offended by it, are the Royals and their supporters, which is what it represented in the first place.

19. HankyPanky

HankyPanky Red Card

Aug 28, 2014
    Only thing about our logo that I miss, is the purple stripe. Don't know why they changed it to a royal blue.

Just like my Lakers, it use to be purple and now the away jerseys are blue.

20. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Zidane - Draw My Life

21. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  22. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    @Umar

I remember you (or I think it was you, mightve been @Zidane05 ) said once Zizou was never caught offside, unfortunately I found this vid just the other day and remembered our conversation lol

temesgen, Zidane05, S1na and 1 other person repped this.
  23. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Yeah it was me, I read it somewhere. Good find.

24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Even that didn't look offside haha.