Bring Sean Goldman home!

Discussion in 'Brazil NSR' started by Century's Best, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
  2. canarinhoamazonense

canarinhoamazonense New Member

Aug 2, 2008
    O Paris dos Tropicos
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Bruna is just a typical patricinha from the zona sul do Rio that needed everything her way.

3. jdawg9

jdawg9 Member

Dec 4, 2006
    And her new husband and his family are the typical rich and powerful families, with heavy influence in the government and law enforcement.

Those people who are supposed to enforce the law act like the law (local/internacional) does not apply to them.

4. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't think it's an embarrassment to Brasil but rather to Rio de Janeiro judicial branch. They were the ones who afforded the stepfather certain rights over the child when the youngster does have a biological father that's alive. Not to mention that if his residence is in NJ-USA, the way I see it he was kidnapped by his mother and kept wrongfully away from his father.

Now if the higher federal court rules against the father, than it will be a huge embarrassment to all Brasilians. So let's hope that they see the case clearly and rule simply on the side of justice and give this father is child back.

I don't care if he's american, he could be canadian, japanese, polish, morrocan...

He's the father, give him is son back.

He should just get his son 'samerican passport, come to Brasil and take his kid by force and board a plane back to his home country. That's what I would have done it.

5. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Today the Bianchi family surrendered the boy to his rightful and legal guardian - his biological father, David Goldman. But while the US Consulate in Rio offered the garage so that the handover could have been discreet, the Bianchis opted for the front door and the expected media hoopla ensured. Now the boy will remembered many news outlets and microphones on him to make an already traumatic experience worse.

Victory for David Goldman, at last, though.

6. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm glad for them. Let them be a family again. This "stepfather" and this old cow lady should rot in hell. Karma is a bitch.

7. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I'm so happy for the Goldman's. I can't even begin to imagine the toll this has taken on the father, let alone the boy. The kid's step-father and grandmother were lower than trash, and the way they behaved and are still behaving to the bitter end is absolutely disgusting. The whole 'terms' issue with visiting and seeing his son last week just shows how deplorable and sick they are. And using a chlid the way they did... I have no sympathy for the likes of them and as far as I'm concerned, they deserve to rot and should never see him again. They even paraded the kid to the embassy with a Brasil jersey on. :rolleyes: That woman shouldn't be allowed anywhere near them. What good could happen? She'll just lie and say negative things about how the boy is 'mistreated', etc. It's so obvious... on the one end, she's all that's left of the boy's mother. But on the other she's clearly disturbed.

Nevermind that the mother kidnapped the boy in the first place. This whole case just shows what happens if you have money and are thus connected in Brasil. There's still problems and many kids in Brasil that don't have good homes... if they have such 'big' hearts...

An extremely long road of therapy and healing is in front of the Goldmans. If there's any other silver lining in this, it's that I'm certain a lot of people are behind them and more than willing to help.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/world-15749633/17293674

8. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The kid wearing a Brasil jersey was normal!! HAAHAHAH

But I got to tell , that old cow of his grandmother, what a piece of work. If I was DG I would allow her in the plane with me and have her ass arrested for kidnapping as soon as the planed landed in the USA. Damn evil witch. Who the hell does she thinks she is to keep a son from his father.

The stepfather was another clown, well no wonder that SG mother died.

Karma is a bitch.

9. KiaFan

KiaFan Member

Apr 13, 2006
  10. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What do you mean selling him out? The justice prevailed, the kid has a father and a house so he was returned to his rightful place. If she goes to the USA, she should be arrested for having kept the kid in the first place.

11. KiaFan

KiaFan Member

Apr 13, 2006
    I agree with you, returning the boy to the father is the correct outcome. Maybe I was not clear in my original post, but I was referring to the original article (the link for which I provided), which reported how the grandmother felt Brazil was "selling Sean Goldman out," so to speak. I personally never felt Brazil sold him out, and was never trying to convey that impression. I have since edited my initial post. Sorry for any confusion.

12. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing wrong with him wearing a Brasil jersey. He is Brasilian as well. Hell, I have a Brasil jersey and have only been there twice! :) Seriously though, the grandmother is a total embarrassment. What she said about it being "criminal" that the boy was taken at Christmas and that it was "criminal" that the father left with his son without first securing a deal with the Brasilian family on visitation made me want to fly down and curse her out. On the one hand they take this kid from the father with no intention of allowing him to stay in his fathers life, and on the other hand are screaming bloody murder when the father doesn't then kiss their asses and run everything by them on the back end. What an absolute crock. The father has already stated that he has no intention whatsoever to do to THEM what they did to him in regards to Sean Goldman.

13. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Oh I understand now. My english skills are not the best so I misunderstood your post. The old cow is crazy.

14. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well, so this guy DG is a better man than me. If I was him, I would never allow the grandmother near my kid again period. If he wants to meet this old cow when he turns 18 is up to him, but not on my watch. Screw this lady, her daughter must have been a cvnt and a half too.

15. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This whole case has just shown how selfish that family was and how they think everything revolves around them. It's quite simple, all else being equal when the mother died the son should have immediately been handed over to his biological father.

It was indeed a kidnapping even before that and it's sad that Brazilian courts let it drag on for so long as any case with a child of his age should have been expedited.

Watching them force the kid to walk through cameramen and photographers to get to the consulate and then claiming this was a "protest" should make it clear to any outside observer that they care not about the child but rather they only care about how everything affected them. It's hard to express how selfish and disgusting this behavior is.

It wouldn't surprise me if, despite David Goldman's promise to let the family visit, the family somehow finds a problem or fabricates one - they'll demand he goes to Brazil or they'll claim the visitation doesn't work out, all to make themselves seem like the victims. Frankly I hope they just let it go and leave this kid's life but I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to grab more attention.

16. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo

i agree with you 100%. however im still curious as to what made her flee and divorce the guy. the media has never been clear and i wouldnt really trust the grandparents. guess whatever the story is its with the mom.

17. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The reason for divorce could be anything. It happens all the time. Specially $ girls from Brasil that all of sudden find themselves in the USA without their empregadas from back in Brasil and have to take care of a house. It can be stressful to some as I understand. Also, she took off simply because she had no chance in hell to have anybody giving her custody of the kid when he has a house and a father and she's going to Brasil to total uncertainty (as the courts don't know that she was going to hunt for a rich husband). So it was just easier to take off leaving the guy behind all by himself. Cvnt wasn't counting on dying young, karma got the best of her.

18. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am in agreement with you, but that's what makes the world go around. ;) Maybe I would feel different if I actually had a kid who loved his grandparents, despite how evil they were, but I can't say.

19. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Any other day of the week or year, I would agree. But they did that on purpose, and right before they paraded the boy through a sea of cameras and reporters. Ultimately, not too big a deal but it was definitely a statement by the family. Not saying they should've put on a USA jersey on him.

That is the impression I get. Her mother was disturbed and IMO still in depression over losing her daughter. Sean was all she had left of her. Also, since they are just rich adn connected they probably are used to getting whatever they want, doing whatever they want and not worreid about any consequences. The whole thing is annoying. As if they are spoiled children themselves who have never had to accept the word "NO" or "You can't have that".

Different pundits, commentaries say that the grandmother should be allowed to visit and help ease the transition but I don't agree. Handing him over wasn't even done in the interest of the child. Nothing was. I remember their lawyer saying they had 'unflattering 'facts' about the father. Disgusting people. I think she is sick, she tried to keep him away from his father or helped prohibit him from seeing his son for 5 years, and seems to have been an overall poisonous influence. I agree with you and thought the same thing - when the boy is 18, let him make the decision himself.

The thing I am not proud of, is that I have no sympathy for the mother that passed away. That family is deplorable.

20. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This lady is so out of touch with reality that I saw her on tv yesterday saying that she demands from the Brasilian government to make arrangemants in order for her to have the "same visitation rights" the father had when the kid was on Brasil. tsc tsc tsc

First of all, grandparents don't have visitation right granted by the law. Only a father/mother/guardian could have the right to ask for judicial enforcement of their right to contact with a child. If a parent or both parents don't want their kid to see the grandparents or aunt/uncle/cousin etc they can't go to court and ask for visitation rights. This lady simply doesn't understand that she's not in the same level as the father is, never will be.

Second, what visitation rights did the guy had when the kid was in Brasil? They never allow him to see the kid.

If I was this guy I would simply have her arrested if she ever came near my kid again.

21. Tucson_soccer_fan

Feb 11, 2007
    AZ, TUCSON
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope to see him in a USA Jersey in 2022. ;)

Seriously this was the right decision too bad it took so long and Sean's Brazilian family had to be so vindictive. I can see them not wanting to lose contact with him but to keep him away from his father who actually wants him is just cruel. I can't believe they would return his letters and not allow contact. Not to mention the media spectacle the allowed even after given the opportunity to go through a back entrance to avoid the press. As far as the protesters, I think this is absolutely ridiculous. The fact that the Brazilian family's lawyer was holding press conference showing Sean's artwork as evidence of his wish to remain in Brazil was equally disgusting. This appeared to be taking on the appearance of saving face rather than doing what was best for Sean. I am wondering if this is a cultural issue where the rights of a father are not looked on with as much importance as that of a mother or her family.

I am very glad to see David Goldman taking the higher ground and allowing the Brazilian family visitation. I truly hope that David and Sean can reform the bond that they had 5 years ago.

Incidentally, this reminded me a lot of the Elian Gonzalez affair. The dying wish of a mother, the father in another country who wanted his son back, the family that did not want to let him go, and the political turmoil that ensued to correct the matter. Elian was lucky in the fact that he did not have to endure a five year custody battle to be reunited with his father.

22. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Me too. She's sick and has no idea that she's a huge part of the problem. She'll never be able to accept that somehow she 'lost'.

I don't think it is so much cultural, except that the family was using their status and financial/legal background to sway higher-ups to delay rulings and him returning to his father. Anyone I know thinks the same, that he should be with his father. The shock that they're in for, if they even care, is that just about everywhere they're viewed as a villain. I think what actually annoyed me in this is that they dared be so hypocritical, citing that the boy's wishes and well-being wasn't considered while they used/manipulated the child in their own ways to the bitter end. And they did so because of a mentallity, that they could behave so. The father 'didn't matter' to them - they saw themselves on a plane far above. This is one of their struggles right now.

I agree too - it did remind me of the Elian Gonzalez issues.

23. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And this only get's better and better. David Goldman is gonna sue the stepfather for half million dollars to cover the expenses D.Goldman had to have his son back!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Talk about payback is b1tch.

24. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I'm not sure if I really believe the story:

http://g1.globo.com/Noticias/Mundo/...REAVER+US+MIL+GASTOS+EM+BATALHA+JUDICIAL.html

Because let's be honest... he is American. That guy has people bidding millions of dollars for exclusives on this story. Hollywood is already filming the movie. :cool: If he is suing them, hard to say I would blame him for any legal action because those clowns should all be in jail. But it wouldn't surprise me if that family's lawyer finally realizes that they are seen as the villain, so will try to slander Goldman from afar.

Tragic, isn't it? I don't think Goldman's olive branch was even an olive branch. He knew how terrible that family was and that they'd give him the out of: "Judging by how poisonous and salacious the lies are that they are saying about me, I cannot allow my son to be in that environmnt." Brilliant!

25. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Before the above article there was one (which I was unable to find just now but will keep looking for) which said that the Brazilian family has decided to keep pursuing custody of the kid. In other words, so much for their claim that they were "laying down their weapons". Honestly though, what do they believe they can base a claim for custody on? How delusional are they?