Rumor: Bring Back Negative Rep

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Sakuragi, Jun 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Bring Back Neg Rep?

Poll closed Jun 10, 2016.
  1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

25.0%
  3. Not Sure

25.0%
  1. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #1 Sakuragi, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    I think it is needed in these parts once again. I think this will be of tremendous help to those posters that are not up to par with online posting standards. You know, back when, whenever a poster wrote something that would be hurtful to the casual eye, we were able to neg rep that particular individual and in turn would make the bad poster aware of his erroneous ways, and thus, his posting skills improved dramatically over night. I can think of a poster that would greatly benefit of this:

@Sanchito

mattteo repped this.
  2. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I'd like to neg rep the OP for suggesting this. ;)

If shitty posters are being allowed to ruin boards and discussions, then the problem isn't a lack of negative rep, but rather shitty mods.

3. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    you used to get pwnt on neg rep...I say bring it back so that your posting skills at least improve to Nad level posting...

LGRod repped this.
  4. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    True, I do agree with you. But you know, some of these shitty posters, like the one mentioned, have very subtle ways that may go undetected even by the most trained mod eye. Instead of going through the hassle of ignoring certain individuals, I just would like to have an opportunity to neg rep the sh1t out of shitty posters.

5. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Says Mr. Yellow card. Hope it turns to red soon enough. Or thinking about it a little bit further, it is best if you are let roaming free around in these areas, possibly just confining you to certain forums. Otherwise we'd be infested with your socks.

6. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since this is more or less an attempt to troll a specific user, I'll close the thread now.

{I know, you'd neg rep me for doing so if you could}