Brilliant Oranje - The smallest nation on earth to have ever reached 3 WC finals [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Nov 14, 2011.

1. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    It's as simple as ABC if you ask me. Ajax, Barcelona, Cruyff. :D

2. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Who cares what 15 year olds think?

And I wish you could bring a few more ideas to the table. All I've heard so far is "we need a CM and a DM".

PS: please don't tell me you're 15.

3. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I am 21,thank you. Not as experienced as you lot but I'm not 15 either. I will post whatever formation I think would work later. Now it looks like we are sticking to the 4-2-3-1 for the Euros,so I'm not gonna make useless posts anyway. Let the Euros finish. I am not running away from this forum anyway.

4. Mr SSSS: so I'm not gonna make useless posts anyway

That would be a welcome change......:rolleyes:

By the way moderator..If I call a hypothetical poster names...like MR Ed ... is that cause for red cards?

5. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Not unless you've accumulated enough points to get one, but I don't recommend trying to gain enough points.

6. Mmmm, no that's not what I ment...If I invent a hypothetical poster, let's say Mr ED, and I flame him, do you get infractions and cards for doing that..insulting a poster that doesnot exist:D??

7. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Well I don't recommend flaming anyone, even if their name is Mr ED.

8. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    *Ignoring ridiculous comments in here*

Watched a bit of the Everton vs Spurs game.Nothing special from VDV,had an assist,he has always had good vision,played in mid-field & full 90 minutes. That's the positive. Not impressed by his work rate,specially on the defensive side,better as out & out CAM.

The main thing was that Heitinga played in CB & was actually quite good after a long while,Distin is probably out of contract soon at Everton & Heitinga has been getting more games at CB for the last few weeks.

Drenthe came on as 67 minutes sub & transformed Everton,hands down their bets player,has got an X-factor about him,dont know what. He has got passion & had 2 genuine penalty claims. First was 50-50,there was some elbow contact. The 2nd one was a genuine Penalty hands down. Both penalties turned down.

If he keeps on playing this I would take him as the 4th winger,nice 20-25 minute impact player at the end.Defensive work rate is not very good though.

9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Heitinga has been playing because of injuries to Distin (now healthy) and Jaglielka (out for six weeks now). I watched the entire match and he played quite well. He was not a factor (didn't make a mistake) in either Tottenham goal and saved a third goal by deflecting a wicked shot.

The more I see of Van der Vaart, the more I believe that there is not a place for him as long as BvM stays with the 4-2-3-1 formation. I think he has lost some quickness (and he was never a quick player to begin with) and it appears that his best position is in the middle of the field up front behind the striker. This slot really does not exist in the current Dutch formation and I cannot see him displacing Sneijder. Of course he is well suited to the formation that Spurs play since they give him freedom to move around the pitch. We'll see what happens.

10. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    What did you make of Drenthe??? I thought he was a quality sub. Great speed,good dribbling,allright shooter & resonable vision. Can be a great Sub. for Oranje in the Euros like what Elia was 1-2 years ago.

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I like him a lot, biggest issue is whether his head is screwed on correctly. There is no doubt about his physical abilities.

12. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Nothing special and not impressed by his work rate? :confused:

He has ran the most miles for the 2nd consecutive game. Was again voted MOTM.

I can't believe you have all this praise for a player that only played for 20 minutes and didn't contribute to a goal, but the one player that has actually played an entire game and had an assist is "nothing special".

So that curled shot was also nothing special?

13. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What about that assist through the legs on Ade?

[​IMG]

14. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Have to say Drenthe should have had a penalty and brought also a spark to Everton's game.

The best players on either side were Dutch :)

15. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    I can't believe Everton still hang onto Tim Cahill and Luis Saha, between them they have scored 1 goal in the league while Yakubu who they let go of has 12 goals in 15.

Apparently they've signed Gibson from MUFC, but as a midfielder I can't see him contributing much in terms of goals.

16. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I dont care if he ran aimlessly. He was very average defensively. Even Luka's workrate defensively is better. Workrate does not mean pure aimless running. Defesively he is weak & he completely fades off after 60 minutes.

I dont doubt his talent. He is more talented than Sneijder. His vision is great & so it's not surprising him getting the assist. I did not know by what standards he was voted MOM because he was not anything Extra-Ordinary.

Drenthe is a different case. He is young,yea 24 not that young but he is starti ng his career. The wing slot is still open in my view & we need 2 quality Subs for the wing. 3 open slots apart from Robben. Kuyt is not good enough. With VDV we know how big he can be,with Drenthe we dont know.

Drenthe IMO was actually better than VDV,he played only 20+ minutes & should have won 2 Genuine Penalties against a BPL title contender playing for Fulham. With VDV we already have Sneijder & Wijnaldum is young & in 2-3 years maybe a good No.10 too.

Dude it's not very difficult to understand. VDV's career will be over soon. I am looking forward.

17. KPSmit

KPSmit Member

Nov 26, 2011
    New York
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How can you honestly say that you are looking forward for a players career to be over. Not only is that an awful thing to say, but VDV is a great player without a doubt. Sure, he doesn't quite fit in with the NT, but by no means should you be looking forward to Dutch player's career ending soon, especially not someone as skilled and capped as VDV...

18. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Vdv is 28 years old. The peak of his career. Remember WC2006? Zidane at 35 years old absolutely running the show? He wasn't very good defensively for your info. Besides, it's all relative, when you have a small space to defend, like it should be in Oranje, anyone can defend. When you have 30m² to defend, like VdV has at Spurs, it becomes inhuman.

Wijnaldum is just a runner with limited technique. He can only dream of playing for a top team one day.

19. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

[​IMG]

20. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Dude what is wrong with you people. If DRB can look understand why can't you. This is getting ridiculous. I AM LOOKING forward,to what?? VDV's ending career?? I dont care,he has not been extra-ordinary for Oranje & frankly I dont care if he retires. Him & his politicking bestie RVP who never sing the anthem makes horrible statements about Kuyt which although true can completey destroy the team spirit.

Look VDV is a bigger talent that Sneijder but he is failed career. I cant remember a bigger talent as a NO. 10 that last came for Oranje. But what he achieved. Wijnaldum has heart & Drenthe,apart from his screwed up head has belief,passion & heart.

That is what makes players great & separates them,that is what separated Robben from a RVP in the World Cup or a Sneijder who had lesser talent from a VDV. VDV to be honest was fading away in Real Madrid 2 years back every 2nd half. Yes,he is 28 turns 29 next month.

I want the World Cup. I want skilled Players & with talent but I would also gladly choose a 20-21 year old who will be a back-up anyway,but has heart,passion,flair & a certain X-factor. I dont believe Wijnaldum is untalented,his dribbling skills are better than VDV,sure he is not at that level but he is still a kid.

21. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don't think you understand DRB though. And some other things.

22. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I did not see that Image. None of you get me. What I meant is I am looking forward to the 2014 WC & the future. I dont want 2 old No. 10's who are past their best in Sneijder & VDV. I want one young talented No. 10 to back-up Sneijder/VDV.

I respect VDV's pure Raw talent but it's time to move on. The reason I mentioned his work rate is because people were shouting for him to be a CM & were saying he can defend well. Anyways to each his own. I dont want something like being unable to quality for another World Cup. The average level of football in weaker European footballing countries have grown & I dont want a HUGE Void left after Sneijder,Huntelaar,RVP,RObben,VDV,Heitinga all retire. Even Elia,Afellay & a host of players are already 25 odd.

23. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Why not start with ec2012?

24. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ignoring everything else you said, why do you expect the second striker to drop back and defend? when he was playing in the midfield for a bunch of games a short while ago, he would defend. That's because that was part of the job of the position he was playing. However now that he's (unfortunately) been moved back to the second striker position, it's no longer his job to defend

and so is Parker's, and so is Sandro's, and so is Assou-Ekotto's, but that's because they play different positions than VdV, positions that require them to defend
    BTW, why are we talking about this in the dutch NT thread rather than the dutch abroad thread?

25. KPSmit

KPSmit Member

Nov 26, 2011
    New York
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Why even have this thread? No talk of players, no talks of tactics? what is the purpose of this thread then? or why don't we just combine them?