Breakers vs. Crybaby FC

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by REVS FAN 1, Aug 2, 2010.

1. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Val Henderson... I think she could

I think it is bad for the beat to come out with this before the game this week....

I think it is good for the Breakers to come and completely Vindicate the Riptide publicly

From everything I see, hope is going to be harrassed this weekend

I guess the only ones Hope is rasict against is riptide

If she leaves without signing in Philly, we will not welcome her back and the harrassment next year will be unmercifull (but clean and non racist)

2. Crazy Old Lady

Crazy Old Lady New Member

May 22, 2003
    just outside Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    OK Am bloody sick and tired of the whole sodding thing.I was told by a reliable source(whom I will not reveal as I promised not to) that some of the comments that were aimed at Mami and Aya were: You should go back to your own Country and your Rice Fields and also you should not be playing Soccer but picking rice instead. If that's not Racist then I don't know what is.Have kept quiet about what I was told til now because I gave my word but I feel that as long as I don't reveal my source then I have honored my word.Was asked to not tell anyone until Statement was issued and even then I kept quiet ,but enough is enough. This has nothing to do with the Riptide, am sure Hope was referring to a Generic version of Fan Club ie some of Bostons Fans.

3. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless someone comes out and Directly says they heard it and where they heard it from, it was heresay... besides you probably heard from from a hope associate

4. kittenbiscuits

kittenbiscuits New Member

May 8, 2010
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) its hearsay
    2) even then it would be hearsay
    3) who in the Atlanta organization wouldn't be a "Hope associate"?

4) The Riptide aren't contesting that something sketch was said, just that it most definitely didn't come from them. Which I think is the most important point.

Sidenote: GL to the breakers tonight I'll be watching on FSC

5. Tony Biscaia

Tony Biscaia Member

Feb 17, 1999

I think you're missing the point?

If Ms. Solo had claimed that "someone in the crowd said blah blah" ... it would have never become such a hot potato. When she wrongfully and deliberately fingers our Supporter Group, we can't just let that pass. Disclaimer: I wasn't there that night, but would be shocked if it turned out that any Riptide member would toss out racist comments. We tend to notice the shirt they're wearing, not what color or race the player is, and that definitely includes Solo or any of her team mates.

Thanks for the GL wishes, look for me on the field - I'll be the 8' tall guy with the purple hair on the sidelines - not to be confused with Mr. Lilly.

6. kittenbiscuits

kittenbiscuits New Member

May 8, 2010
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh no i get the riptide anger and it is rightfully placed. If the words she heard didn't come from you guys you should be publicly apologized to. (but i'm betting she was told to STFU)

i'm just kind of over everyone still hashing whether or not there was anything racist said in the stadium. and further demanding proof that they know won't become available. the beating of that horse is getting a bit old.

i personally think that the riptide have been exonerated and would hold out hope (literally and figuratively) for an apology. But to keep rehashing what comments were said and where... that isn't ever going to be cleared up.

edit: plus that last post was directly responding to pasoccerdad which is why it seemed rather short sighted.