brazillian tv

Discussion in 'Brazil NSR' started by jlscrub, Jan 26, 2007.

1. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    Oi, I am wondering if anybody has Direct TV or Dish or Time Warner cable.

And do any of these have a Brazillian channel.

Me personally, have Direct TV and I ordered the latino package. This one channel (LTV or HITN) had some programming from Brasil that I have seen..But its transient and inconsistent.

So I am wondering if anyone knows of a channel...if not by tv then through the internet.

thanks

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  3. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    DISH offers Globo, PFC, Record and some other Paulista Channel.

Direct TV just started offereing Globo and PFC. Dish has had Globo for 7 years now.

4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, hopefully I can get Dish sometimes soon...preferably before the Libertadores!

5. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    so you're switching to Dish?

I have Direct TV, did you have to call and special order the channels seperately or are they part of a package. I got the basic latino package so I can watch FSE, GolTV and TyC for soccer.

6. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I have time warner and since the damn globo only runs on dish I never got the channel. I don't need or want to watch globo at all except for futebol. And since I have Fox Soccer and Fox Sports I could watch the entire Libertadores and FIFA CWC last year. I wasn't going to sign globo because they barely show 2 or 3 Inter games the entire season. Now the pfc sounds good but the morons at globo only got it if you got dish. I already pay over 150 bucks a month for TW so I won't get another 50 bucks or so for dish. globo should put that stuff on cable as well than I won't mind 15 or 20 bucks for the pfc only.

7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You can order it as a package. Just ask for the Brazilian package like it says on the website and double check with them to see what channel that includes (Globo Internacional and PFC).

8. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Dam Colorado...you should do what you got to do to get PFC. I already saw all 3 of Inter Gauchao games live (even though it was Inter C). I would say before on Globo over the course of a year Inter would be on Live about 7 or 8 times a year. That should be better with PFC...I couldnt live without these channels!

9. assistman

assistman New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Comcast offers Globo as well; at least in some locations. My sister-in-law in Miami get Globo through Comcast. I have it through Dish Network.

10. Soponno

Soponno New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can purchase a FTA Reciever online, download some files and be watching a few Brazilian channels as well as many games without much effort

11. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
  12. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anybody know of any streaming programs that include Globo? I heard the official stream is blocked internationally.

13. Brazooka

Brazooka New Member

Jun 27, 2006
    CA
    I'm interested in this "PC TV" a pci card that allows you to get all FTA, but then I don't know what you can get in FTA, Anybody Knows???????

14. mediazonebrasil

mediazonebrasil New Member

Jan 18, 2008
    i work at mediazone and we show some of the brazilian games online , sometimes for free.

15. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I've got games from mediazone in the past. I hope you guys got more games going like Copa do Brasil and etc.

16. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    Sometimes for free?
    How much do you charge for games "not free" ?
    LOL:eek:

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The only thing that I do not get from PFC is the Libertadores. Unfortunatly, I looked on MediaZone's website and it isn't listed. If you guys plan on offering the Libertadores, let me know and I will sign up for it.

Also, if anyone knows a site that IS offering the Libertadores online, please let me know!

18. jdawg9

jdawg9 Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Just to update the thread, Cablevision now offers Globo on Channel 277 for $15, i think its $5 cheaper than on satellite, no word on PFC on Cablevision yet.

RCN is also supposed to be carrying GLOBO. For those in Manhattan who are still waiting for Time Warner to (EVER) carry Globo, RCN is an option in many of the areas served by Time Warner.

I don't understand why TimeWarner (mostly likely) or Globo hasn't given in on negociations. If Cablevison and RCN, can manage to get it, what can possibly be the reason? TWC is missing a big potential market in NYC area.

19. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    I signed up with RCN, they had Globo only in other cities - Boston(?)
    They did not have Globo here in NYC... unless now they have it. RCN had terrible customer service.
    If anyone has RCN in NYC with Globo, let me know! Also, do they carry PFC? PFC is the channel I wish I had. I live in an apt building so I can't have satelite like Dish.

I am now on Time Warner... just glad to have gol tv - limited Brasilian soccer...

20. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wish cable companies would start carrying Globo and PFC in this area so I wouldn't be stuck with satellite. The DC metro area has the largest SA population in the US, so they are a good amount of Brazilians here, but less than NY, Mass, Miami.

21. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    Correction: I checked rcn.com and they do include tv globo in NYC -
    but they don't have pfc...

22. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Why don't just get Time Warner to cut a deal with globo? Find their email and publish here, we'll all give you a hand and send them an email telling that they should have pfc on cable.

23. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    Excellent idea! Porra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see if this works:

https://www.twcnyc.com/index2.cfm?c=cust_sup/cs_contact_us_kana

Muito obrigado, amigos!

Abracos:cool:

24. jdawg9

jdawg9 Member

Dec 4, 2006
    I think that the problem with the link you posted is that alot of "low level" employees will see the customer feedback and do nothing about it. What we need is someone who has contacts in programming, marketing, public relations, spokesperson, etc. If you ever call customer service and feel like they don't give a rat's ass about your issues, contacting them by e-mail would be even worse in my opinion as they don't have to speak to you.

25. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    Thanks.. You are right!
    I am just one little guy out there, they won't give a damn about me! Thay are looking only at their huge profits...