Brazilian Clubs by Region

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by FiveXChampion, Jul 20, 2002.

1. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Americano e Orgulho

Americano e Orgulho New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Nice map, did you make it? If so, I think, the omission of São Caetano is a pretty big one.

3. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I didn't make it. It is probably outdated, as Sao Caetano became important only on the past few years (and has a lot to go before be considered as important as most clubs on that map.) As you can note, Bragantino, America, and many other are not there also (and America is one of the most traditional Brazilian teams, in spite of sucking big deal.)

4. Americano e Orgulho

Jun 5, 2002
    Understood, but do they have to win Copa Libertadores to make a map you make?

5. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They will have to be consistent for at least 40 years to share the same breath with Flu, Fla, Botafogo, Vasco, Gremio, Internacional, Corinthians, Sao Paulo, Santos, etc...

6. Americano e Orgulho

Jun 5, 2002
    Like I said I understand that their tradition can´t touch the others up there, but if it´s done in terms of winning remove my beloved Vitória and replace them with SC.

7. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What? and have only Bahia to represent the state? Not fair at all. Vitoria is one of the most traditional teams in the NE of Brazil. Anyway, Sao Caetano deserves to be there, it is just that the map is outdated.

8. Bandeirante

Bandeirante Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be cool to have a map of the second tier teams in Natal, Florianopolis, etc... but I guess I am just greedy.

9. Americano e Orgulho

Jun 5, 2002
    I agree and I also understand that we are arguing semantics that don´t matter. But I do like the map.

10. Flying Weasel

Flying Weasel Member

Mar 22, 2001
    Harrisburg, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW, the map comes from SoccerAge.com.
    http://www.soccerage.com/en/25/00002.html
    And I don't think it's ever been updated since I learned of the site 3 or so years ago.

The site does these types of maps for all the major soccer nations (i.e. Germany, Italy, Spain, etc.). They also are not up-to-date.

11. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh