Brazil x Bosnia-Herzegovina, 28th February

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Denilson70, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Man,

I miss this guy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM46Qffq-Fg"]Dunga irritado com Milton Neves - YouTube[/ame]

2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    As much as Dunga's system became effective, I did not enjoy watching us concede so much possession and be a counter attacking team ... specially against some average teams.

I think what Mano is trying to do is harder than Dunga did which is trying to control more of the possession and it takes more work and chemistry between the players.

3. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    we had 70% yesterday against a good team and couldnt do anything once we got to the penalty area. the midfield is still all sorts of screwed up -- it honestly seemed like the only guys pushing the ball forward were our wingbacks and david luiz!

4. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Exactly You can't counter attack when your the home team in the world cup its not going to work. The blueprints out on how to beat brazil two banks of 4, then a false striker paired with another striker. I think dunga would be having the same problems if not more considering the style that's needed in 2014. people questioning Manos passion are just ignorant considering I question if Colorado even roots for Brazil when they play. I guess its easier to blame Mano for Leandro's quiet game right?

5. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dude, mano is shit as coach. He never won anything. Serie B with CUrintians and gremio? Is that what we're gonna go by? The only time he was under pressure was libertadores final with gremio. They were destroyed. 5x0 on a libertadores final. Never a team took a beating like that on a libertadores final. The other time a mano's team was on the line? Copa America.

Every single pk kicked out.

This dude is pure crap. Seriously, he can't be defended. Let's not forget he took the job after the job was offered to 2 other people. He's third choice. Can you think of someone in your company who's a 3rd choice hire that you would trust for anything?

Mano has to go, or we can forget about any chances. Confederations Cup will show that. But it's going to be too late.

6. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No you wouldn't have, you got outplayed against a better team. Your chance was when you were up 1- nill at france and let france comeback and win because you went all out defense. Pretty good team but no killer instinct thats why your home again for another major tournament; your not better then France or portugal thats reality.

7. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well, you just showed that either you don't follow or you don't know much about the players or Brasilian football today. Leandro Damião quiet game is to be blamed on Mano's dumbass himself.

I know Leandro Damião for years, you only heard of him not long ago. You know why? He was always good, he never sucked. Stupid coach was doing a "mano" at colorado and the team was playing the same way as Brasil yesterday. Same crap midfield bs. Even LD himself said this:

http://www.futnet.com.br/futebolgaucho/internacional/noticias/?174589-damiao-perde-a-paciencia-quando-a-bola-chega-e-balao

So guess what happened? Coach got sacked. System changed. Oscar (that deserves a call up btw) and D'alessandro were put in the right place? Guess what happens?

Leandro Damião shut everybody up and was the striker that scored more goals in Brasil in the 2011 season, so don't blame him for Mano's shitty system. Mano is the one who's wrong.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFx8jnjexGY"]Leandro Damião - It's My Time [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

8. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    ive been watching Damiao since u21s with Brazil. He had a bad game against bosnia and missed a chance that highlight video which I've already scene doesn't change that. Plus watch him off ball in that Bosnia game you can blame the system fine but his runs sucked. Not making excuses for R10 but he had absolutely no options.

9. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Listen, you put LD with the right guys he would destroy defenses. I watch Bundesliga, Serie A (the italian one) and some of the Spain ones. You put LD in some of the teams there this kid will be scoring 40/50 goals a year. He shouldn't be making runs, he's an area guy, get the people who can serve him, this kid will be scoring every match. But with that midfiled from yesterday? Seriously.

10. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I have a feeling you have extra animosity against him because he coached Gremio and Corinthians. Noticed I say extra because I agree that the results haven't been great.

But bringing up Mano's lack of credentials is meaningless considering Dunga had never coached a team before the Selecao and only got things in order 2 and half years into his work. He did win many games in the beginning but we were playing really bad doing so with the exception of his first Argentina game (remember Turkey, Ghana, Venezuela friendlies ?).

Another thing about credentials ... Parreira had plenty in 06 and couldn't properly manage the team. Not only him, but Zagalo was his assistant.

As for the game against Paraguay, I can't blame Mano on that one. The forwards missed plenty of opportunities including Pato (remember ?) and Paraguay created nothing. I can't really bring myself to blame Mano for the missed PKs. That's down to the players. Unless you are talking about psychological work that has to be done by the coach. But sometimes you have to blame the players and not the coach.

11. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well, I've heard that before and I will prove to you why that's isn't the case.

My favorite Brasilian NT coach after Tele Santana?

Luis Felipe Scolari.

Now Scolari was a Gremio coach, not any Gremio coach. He took them out of the garbage and won Libertadores, Recopa and Brasileirao for them. Thus being directly responsible for many headaches and grievances to me. Yet he's my favorite for the job today.

Mano Menezes as gremio coach? Took a major beating by Boca Jr's a libertadores final and allowed me to laugh and joke at Gremio's fans for years. So if anything I'm thankful to the guy. I'm telling you the truth man, Mano is shit, this guy isn't cut for the job.

Hey, the lack of experience was something I had against Dunga. But at the same time I see he could serve a purpose if anything to fix the crap that 2006 was with the samba, videogame, mulatas, parties and total lack of focus. So I was like "Oh well, Dunga doesn't have any experience but at least they will shape up". What does Mano brings to the plate? Absolutely nothing.

Lack of spirit on Manos part. Dunga at least was there screaming his lungs out at the players and punching the air. He was in the field with the team. Mano saw every single pk go out, never uttered a word. Didn't even looked sorry.

12. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    See i agree with you but when you go play with Brazil you have to make certain adjustments as a player, the teams not going to be built around you like with a club team. You say hes an area guy but I saw him getting pushed of his spot and the box quite often. R10 played a simple diagonal long ball into him and he got called for a hand ball when he should of had position on the defender.

13. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm not saying the team should be built around him. I'd say wouldn't be fair to any striker to be expect to fare at the setting he had yesterday. Ronaldinho shouldn't even be there at all. LD is a great striker. Now Brasil doesn't need to depend on him. There's 2 or 3 other guys who could do the job. But not with that midfield. That's for sure.

14. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yesterday's game proved a couple thinks. One is that you need to drink a few Redbulls to stay awake while watching nossa Selecao. Julio Cesar enough already. Same with David Luiz and our mascarado Ronaldinho. Given that the one day preparation is not ideal but the "Frango" by Julio Cesar, the terrible defending by D.Luiz and the inconsistency in passing and playmaking abilities by Ronaldinho was not only visible in yesterday's game but also when they play for their respected club teams. And we look like the idiots that sit in front of the TV and watch that nonsense go on.

15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ok ... but did you support him even after the Honduras defeat ? I do agree he may be the best for the job.

All I am saying is some of the reasons your have mentioned have been overcome by other coaches (like Dunga).

About lack of spirit ... screaming when the PKs are going out is a little too late and accomplishes nothing. During the game I do agree I like a coach that is more vocal. I did see Mano gesticulating yesterday and being pissed at a couple of missed chances so I don't think he is completely dead emotionally. At least he criticized Ronaldinho and Luiz and I think that's a good sign.

And about the Copa America we won with Dunga:

- We played like crap except for the Chile game.
    - We were 1 PK away from being eliminated by Uruguay. Some luck played a huge part.
    - Against Argentina we fouled them 39 times play if I recall correctly playing on the counter for 90 mins.

Honestly I don't think Mano is that behind Dunga at this point. We'll have to see if he can improve like Dunga did.

16. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England

Um, I was around your people outside before the game - not difficult given circa 85 per cent. of the crowd was Bosnian! Saw some coloured smoke so thought it was best to go inside. It certainly made for a noisy atmosphere with your guys there.

Begovic was in the bar at the hotel after the game - merely talking to friends not drinking I should add. He was also very accommodating with requests for photos.

17. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    I am afraid I am with CG on this one - Mano is MOST DEFINITELY behind Dunga at this point. Mano seems to have lost his way.

Quite difficult to see arguably our most technically gifted player - Hernanes - with the seven on his back and being asked to play wide. Watching him, it was clear he wanted to play in the middle (not an earth shattering revelation admittedly!). There was I sitting there thinking now we have a number 10 obviously past his best, and we have a supremely talented Hernanes being asked t play with a seven wide. Time to give the 10 to him? OK, the 8 and give Ganso the 10 (not that he deserves it admittedly - he did look confident when he came on though). Julio Cesar might have blown it - Mano has come out with the odd comment (like he did with Andre Santos after the Germany game I believe..........)

18. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I did, I was familiar with Scolari from his Xavante days. I'm also familiar with him coaching Criciuma, Gremio for many years and etc. I know he was a capable guy. On the same note I'm familiar with Mano Menezes from his Guarani de Venâncio Aires and Xavante teams. You people seem to forget that my team was playing his team for over 7 years before you even heard his name. I know who he is and I know his crap.

He can't improve with the job like Dunga did simply because Dunga learned the job hands on and mano is already a coach since the 90's a bad one since then. Just because you people never heard of him, it's like not he started coaching now. He was a coach in my state for 10 years before he moved to CUrintias, he sucked those entire 10 years. What makes you think he would be good. I always knew him to be a poor choice.

19. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    What is quite funny is CG saying Felipao is his favourite coach after Tele! Talk about chalk and cheese - I could never imagine Tele asking who was going to be first to spit in the face of Edilson like Felipao apparently said! Tele did not like violent players but Felipao did not exactly discourage his players from 'engaging' with the opposition when he was club manager in the past with the likes of Gremio.

20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Fair enough. You do know his history a lot more than I do. Mind you I am not saying I like what Mano has done so far. I've said before the game calling Ronaldinho is dumb. But I can't blame some things on him like the ineptitude of some of our players in front of the goal and the PKs against Paraguay. I think the blame can be distributed to all.

Right now I feel about the same as I did with Dunga a year and a half into his work even with the Copa America win. I guess that's why I believe he may improve.

And I will add one thing. Had it not been for Luis Fabiano, who Dunga found called due to luck (injuries), his team was completely doomed.

21. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    When Scolari told them to spit on the guys face I simply loved it. It was like listening to nearly every coach (my father included) giving us instructions when I was a kid playing at the fronteira. I'm all for spitting, elbowing, kicking the crap out of people and anything of the sort.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJjeDLmmxeg"]INTER - RAÇA GAÚCHA - YouTube[/ame]

22. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    From the cradle to the grave, eh? I can't see you changing - you either played violently or (nowadays) write aggressively!

23. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Let's started by direct comparison. With a year in Dunga played Argentina twice one at Copa america and once at the Emirates in 2006.

3 x 0 both times.

Dunga had a system, Dunga put everything into building a group. Mano has done none of the sorts so far.

24. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I completely agree with CG. Dunga may not have had coaching experience over Mano, but he had the respect of the players for his achievements as a player. Mano doesn't discipline anyone.