Brazil 2014

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by rightmf7, May 26, 2010.

1. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just curious what United quoted you?

2. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    $300 "international flight change fee" plus $500 difference between what I paid for my flight cost & what they said was the current return fare.
    Korean Air asked if I was there for the World Cup & charged no fee.
    In Germany, the change fee was 80 euros.

3. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TAM wouldn't even tell me. They just kept insisting it was "too much."

In the end I would have had to book a $1200 one way return.

4. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    They quoted me more than $1,000 for a round trip from Sao Paolo to Salvador, as did Gol.
    Problem with shifting it once, is repeating it, should we advance to the quarter-finals ...

5. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed

6. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So i am leaving tomorrow, just wanted to say thank you Brazil! It felt like my other home since i have South American blood, felt very comfortable and relaxed.

NATAL:
    It was f***** great! The pre-game at Dom Gourmets was amazing, really showed the Brazilians that we have a huge 'Torcida" and we love our futebol . The USAvsGHA game will be one of my happiest moments ever in my life, i couldn't talk after the game my voice was annihilated. I kissed the Arena Das Dunas floor and wall as i left my section. Went to JAPvsGRE and both fans were awesome, also ITAvsURU i was pulling for Uruguay and man it turned out crazy! Saw USAvsPOR in my hotel room and i yelled JJ's goal at the top of my lungs and Dempsey's even louder, the tie made me throw my beer on the floor, oh well.

RECIFE:
    It reminded me of NY a bit. Hotel(Motel) was horrible but mind was set for USAvsGER and it was an awesome atmosphere. Almost a fight right in front of me at the game, i was so f****** ready lol! We lost but advanced so it was mixed feelings but glad the group of death was finally over.

SALVADOR:
    Beautiful city, beautiful stadium, awesome game! Both teams went at each other, Howard blocked everything coming at him! Almost lost it when Wondo missed that late goal! Extra time had me so nervous, after the 2 Belgian goals i still didn't give up hope. When Green went in a bunch of people were talking crap about him and started talking about Donovan, all i could think was for f*** sake give the kid a chance he turned down a possible future with Germany to play for us. If there was any opportunity for Green to show that he made the right choice and to prove that he was committed to "our fans" then it was right there at that moment, and he f****** did it!!! He put that s*** in the net and i hugged everyone around me, there was an Australian guy there i f**** hugged him to lol. Kept yelling, my voice was getting sore of so many USA chants but i kept going till i coughed myself quiet, then the game ended.

I remember just standing there staring at the field, clapping at our players as they left into the tunnel. I didnt feel sad or angry. Wasn't proud or happy. I honestly couldn't feel anything i was sort of numb and i found myself just staring at the field. I just got lost in a daze, body still and alone. It must of been a good 20 minutes or so and I snapped out of it and most of the section around me was empty, and it was perfect cause thats how i felt when it really hit me that we were eliminated. Then the sadness came, but i was proud, and with our young players our future looks bright. Jones, Dempsey, Beasley, and Howard really gave it all they had, a big salute to those 4!

In conclusion the trip was a success! It was a roller coaster of emotions and thats what soccer gives us. Our team and fans will grow stronger with time, thank you USA & Brazil for these memories.