Brasil vs Colombia (Eliminatorias Rusia 2018)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by pipevasquez, Sep 1, 2016.

1. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Medina played bad, like most of the national team, but only he being crucified is ridiculous. He is a good player and shouldbe a part of the NT in the future as well. totally agree with this article
    http://hablaelbalon.com/ed-en-defensa-de-stefan/

2. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

Biggest issue I have with this is that he's not better than Arias. Just look at his marking in both of Brazil's goals. Just completely lost.
    He had a decent outing against the last place team at home. He was no star but he did his job, I 'll give hime that.

But how does that win the job from the guy who's owned that spot for a while? I kind of understand Pekerman giving the same boys a go considering the great game they displayed vs Vzla but by his own comments, it's tough to repeat that type of intensity back to back, for every player in every position.

Anyhow, we're still VERY ALIVE in this thing. If we can get those 3 points in Asuncion we are in great shape.

BlueDamian and J-Mezzy repped this.
  3. Caribe_Soy

Caribe_Soy Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Lausanne, CH
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I liked Sánchez, Ospina, O. Murillo, Muriel (more or less) and Barrios' second half.

I would have been happy with a draw but we didn't play well and Brazil deserved the 3 points.

Medina is a good player but he has no level for the NT. The only decent match he has played for the NT was against Venezuela in Barranquilla. Yesterday was horrible, he wasn't even able to take a good throw-in, although I wouldn't blame only him for the defeat, in general terms, the team didn't play well and the second goal was more Cuadrado's responsibility.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  4. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I do see your point, and I agree Arias should start over Medina.

5. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They are friend of us. Well One of The journalist that work with them

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He leído en medios internacionales distintos a colombianos y brasileños , durante el partido y depsues decian que el partido de ayer fue realmente muy bueno y agradable de ver

7. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Anyhow, we're still VERY ALIVE in this thing. If we can get those 3 points in Asuncion we are in great shape.[/QUOTE]

it's just one loss, not a big deal. We had like 3 wins in a row which the local annoying press unsurprisingly choose to ignore. Im not worried personally. Im confident we'll win in Paraguay, they really aren't too different from the past 2 WCQ's.

pepinointer repped this.
  8. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    @pepinointer man, you have to change your avatar. I can't look at Piscis anymore, he is making me sick.

Caribe_Soy, crzdcolombian and J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Until the Unfair yellow card that I have is gone :)

J-Mezzy repped this.
  10. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I guarantee Arias would've got ripped up just as bad as Medina. Poor kid had to deal with Neymar. Le toco bailar con la mas fea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tio Nicci and dapip repped this.
  11. dirtysanchez

dirtysanchez Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Arias would've gotten red carded against Neymar...

pibe10 and dapip repped this.
  12. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Card gone. No more Piscis please

dapip, pepinointer and BlueDamian repped this.
  13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  14. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    That's the guy who said Cardona was a better player than James, yeah?

Listen, Colombia has only looked "great" in two matches so far since the qualifiers began. The 3-0 over Ecuador and the 2-0 over Venezuela. In the first, we had Perez-Torres. In the second it was Torres-Sanchez.

There were other big wins and pretty good performances since then and beforehand, but none as impressive as those two wins. The win in La Paz was a master show of counter attacking futbol with 3 CMs. Our first two matches of the Centenario (with Torres-Perez) were pretty good, but we were only the better side in one half in either of those matches. I'd say the tie in Santiago was a pretty damn good show, too. Torres-Sanchez were the guys that day.

The craze over Perez began with that win over Ecuador. He was great that day. Truly. But he really hasn't had a single good match after that. We've lost twice and won twice since he stopped playing. And the two losses were the toughest matches we've played over the past year. Whatever statistics there may have been that indicated he was the essential piece to the puzzle have become saturated. Colombia can be great with or without him.

15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Primero no me desvirtúes lo que voy a decir con un error estructural de argumentación como el de utilizar falacias . Qué ese ha sido el pan de cada día del foro paraargeumtnst recientemente y no son capaces de argumentar de fondo

1. En lógica se conoce como argumento ad hominem (del latín, «contra el hombre»)[1] a un tipo de falacia(argumento que, por su forma o contenido, no está capacitado para sostener una tesis) que consiste en dar por sentada la falsedad de una afirmación tomando como argumento quién es el emisor de esta.[2] Para utilizar esta falacia se intenta desacreditar a la persona que defiende una postura señalando una característica o creencia impopular de esa persona.[3]

Con Sánchez solo hemos ganado un partido desde que entro a la titular . Veo que el equipo ha sido igual de vulnerable y con menos posesion de pelota . No sé que tiene de malo proponer el doble 5 que mejor nos funcionó este año y que desde se cambio solo se ha podido ganar un partido con el último de la tabla

Primer partido que perdimos contra Chile en era pekerman . Contra Perú el partido fu horroroso nos termino salvando Ospina . Yo sinceramente si veo un equipo partido desde hace rato

16. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    ad hominem? Against who? The reporter? I don't get personal with anybody on these boards. With you a couple times, yeah, but that was after you got personal with me. So yes, let's please avoid that.

As for arguments, well you're already shifting it. My post is a direct response to the video you posted. The reporter in the video suggests that Perez is the best partner for Torres, and that the team looks a little ugly without him. He doesn't even mention Sanchez by name.

I'll restate what I said. The team has won twice and lost twice without Perez (and tied). One of those wins was our best, if not 2nd bet match in years. Colombia can play great without or without Perez. Can you argue that, or do you want you to move on to the debate you started? As i understand it, what you really want to say is Colombia got worse with Sanchez? Am I right?

That's a pretty random piece of evidence. Chile won the tournament. They were the best team hands down. And they give us trouble all the time, even when we beat them. They put in 3 goals on us in one half in Barranquilla not so long ago. So we would've won with Perez instead of Sanchez on the field? That's pure conjecture.

A couple days ago was the first time we beat Venezuela in the Pekerman era. They always give Colombia trouble, too. Does that mean we're better without Perez on the field? Of course not. It's a random fact that you're making out to be evidence of something almost entirely non-equatable.

No problem at all. You could propose any formation you want. I want Perez to start against Uruguay next month, myself. The second part of that statement is off, though. We've won 2 matches. And we've lost two. Against the reigning South American Champs and Brazil in goddamn Brazil.

There's a very small sample size whichever side you're looking at. I imagine you'll repeat that Colombia won 4 games in a row or something. I can't deny that. But I'll just say this preemptively: Colombia won 4 of 5 matches with Perez as starter, on an individual level, Perez only played well in the first 2.

No personal attacks on my part

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    La verdad no entiendo que tiene de malo sugerir que vuelva el medio 5 que nos dio mejores resultados

18. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I personally prefer at the moment to play with both Sanchez and Torres. Not because I don't like Perez, god knows I have tons of respect to this guy, but I think that both Sanchez and Torres proved themselves so far with the national team. There will be matches that we can use Perez, who is more offensively then both of them, but right now for me they are the best CDM we have and in the best form (At least until Perez will adjust his role in Boca).

By the way, I think that Pekerman from time to time needs to leave the 4-2-3-1 and switch to 4-2-2-2 which worked so well in the last qualifiers. Yes, we don't have Falcao-Teo duo, but I think that Bacca-Muriel, Bacca-Teo or even Bacca-Marlos can do wonders up front (or even Falcao, if he'll gain playing time and increase form). Bacca-Roger would work less, since both of them are '9' and needs to receive the ball inside the box. For the game in Asuncion, this lineup should be great:

-----------------------Ospina-----------------------

Arias---------Jeison--------Oscar------------Diaz

-----------------Sanchez-------Torres--------------

Cuadrado------------------------------------James

-----------------Bacca---------Muriel--------------

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Es que mi punto no es por preferir a Pérez sobre ellos . Es por qué por función Sánchez y Torres solo se complementan quitando el balón . Mucha gente no ha querido entender que es más por un funcionamiento ...no es por qué perez me parezca mejor o no . Pero los partidos que el mediocampo dejó de verse roto fue con Pérez y Torres.

Pienso que los resultados tampoco avalan esa dupla .

J-Mezzy and pibe10 repped this.
  20. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I know, I wasn't referring to you if you think that Perez is better or not. I also think that there are games where Perez should start when he'll start to adjust and play with Boca (Excellent player) and there are games where we should more physical players like Sanchez and Torres. We should thank for having such "good problems".

J-Mezzy and pepinointer repped this.