Bradley:Sat 2/9 19:30 CET PSV - SC Heerenveen

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Dynamo Kev

Dynamo Kev Member

Oct 24, 2000
    This has to be one of the strangest stats of all time..
    Heerenveen are on 44 points (W-13, D-5, L-6) with a goal difference of +35.
    NAC are also on 44 points (W-13, D-5, L-6) with a goal difference of +4.

I know everyone is high on Bradley right now, but his numbers are a bit inflated- as were Alves - due the system he plays in..

2. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [
    Not really...It just goes to show you can achieve similar -good- results while at the same time playing an attractive brand of soccer....

And johan ....Your league does not suck, ok?...cheer up! :p

3. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC

Sorry - explain further? If it's excessively offensive, shouldn't it also have a not so great GD?

4. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Yes, it was. Life on the soccer field gets easy if a player consistently makes decisions like that.

5. im_spartacus

im_spartacus Member

Dec 13, 2001
    Santa Clara, CA
    I think it's pretty natural to pick up accents when living abroad. What's interesting is that in some of the clips I've seen Bradley is also picking up Dutch mannerisms, like the quick head nods and shakes and blunt answers. It's subtle, but very noticeable if you've spent any time in NL.

6. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reminded me of his *2-1* against Uruguay. I like that he's got a bit of that in him, as long as he knows when to use it and when not to.

Wonder how PSV would receive him if he lands there during the summer window.

7. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Papin

Papin BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 19, 1998
    le côté obscur
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bradley speaks Dutch (youtube clip), at least as far as I can tell (sounds like a lot of phlegm to me... Phlegmish?)

9. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's not really that uncommon for native speakers to unconsciously assume the accents and speech patters of the non-native speakers they are conversing with. I've seen it plenty myself when living in Germany. I had one friend that was particularly bad about this. It's kind of funny, but not that unusual.

10. mitrita

mitrita Member

Aug 6, 2002
    NL
    It is, he's having some problems with his grammar though

[​IMG]

11. monop_poly

monop_poly Member

May 17, 2002
    Chicago
  12. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    does anyone (FeyenoordSoccerFan?) have a chart for Mike yesterday? passes completed? successful tackles? successful dribbles? etc...

I thought he was outstanding yesterday but I need the stats to back me

13. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Wooloomooloo, New South Wales
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Yeah, isn't that VIERD!! :D

[youtube]ScRQMHEH6rI[/youtube]

14. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    [youtube]9X2fWGNMkQE[/youtube]

Thís is dutch English ;)

15. That's true:) When I was in the USA the women reacted that I had such a cute accent!! Cute, macho me:eek:

16. Yes, he didnot get the shivers face to face with Gomes, who we consider the best goalie in Europe. You cannot believe how intimidating Gomes is to attackers, because he manages saves considered to be impossible.

17. The rumours are getting louder and louder that coach Gertjan Verbeek will replace Feyenoord coach Bert van marwijk, who is going to be the next Orange coach. So if you want him to be groomed even better by GertJan, then you know where Mike should be heading:D Sorry Frieslander. It would be a good thing for Feyenoord too, because we lack a "over my dead body"player at the moment in the midfiled, and Mike will be learning from Giovanni van Bronckhorst, who can teach him how to play at clubs like Arsenal and Barcelona!!!

18. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime New Member

Jul 5, 2007
    His Dutch is terrible--that's why I don't understand why he had a Dutch accent when speaking ENGLISH after being there, what, 16 months? Come on. He's got a thicker accent than ERNIE STEWART, for Pete's sake. Just vapidity.

BTW, I'm talking about this because his play is good, but since everyone has added their part to the Bradley Jr. Bukkake, I'm just talking about something not nearly as important as his play:)

19. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Just watched the Bradley goal. Love how early he starts his run -- the very moment he realizes the cross isn't going to him, he's attacking space, making the knock-down header a relatively easy decision. (And of course it was perfectly executed.) Movement like that is almost undefendable.

20. OzweegoSC

OzweegoSC Member

Dec 10, 2007
    CMH
    I will be in the Netherlands and plan on attending the Ajax-Heerenveen match on March 29th. Anyone with knowledge on the best way to purchase tickets?

Thanks,
    Tom

21. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tom:

Try using money. If that fails, charm.

22. OzweegoSC

OzweegoSC Member

Dec 10, 2007
    CMH

Thanks...I knew my boyish good looks would come in handy in some other way than suckering my wife into marrying me..

23. And if that fails take one or two of your guns with you. We haven't got any, so you will get into the Arena without any problem:D
    But you can also try: http://www.ticketbox.nl/voetbal/eredivisie

24. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
    Just some interesting info maybe for you guys, the game takes place in Heerenveen...

;)

25. OzweegoSC

OzweegoSC Member

Dec 10, 2007
    CMH
    Thanks Johan. Aware of the venue...easy enough to get to from Amsterdam though?