Bradley:Sat 2/9 19:30 CET PSV - SC Heerenveen

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Feb 4, 2008.

1. The Big Ticket

The Big Ticket New Member

Jan 30, 2004
    MN -> UIUC
    Bradley has now scored against both Ajax and PSV this season.

I have to think this summer he's going to break the record for highest transfer fee paid for an American player.

2. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. Rossi reportedly went for around £6.6 million (€10 million) (Wikipedia. Not a lot by international soccer standards. However,despite the fact that Bradley has more goals than Rossi, since Rossi is perceived as Italian, in all probability, he will command more $$ than Bradley. Bradley will be a steal.

4. 60611

60611 Member+

Jan 23, 2007
    Chicago
    And lets not forget Rossi pads his stats with PKs.

TBH, as I've said before I really wish Mikey had another year on his contract. Heerenveen are a perfect situation for him, they are fun as hell to watch (not to mention, just a really good attacking team---and solid elsewhere) and he can be something of a hero there if he helps lead them to a CL spot. Ideally, they'll win the CL playoff this year and he'll re-up for a year.

5. Soccernova78

Soccernova78 Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Beyond The Infinite
    Hmmm. Are you insinuating Rossi is a very good player............for you to poop on? :D

6. 60611

60611 Member+

Jan 23, 2007
    Chicago
    Youtube version of the goals:

http://www.freewebs.com/phoolie84/

The instantaneous anticipation of Mikey of where to sprint once the ball is crossed is pretty impressive. The finish is class.

Heerenveen has a comparatively easy run-in the last 10 games (especially the last couple). I would be shocked if they don't finish in the top 5, and think they have a really good shot at 2nd.

7. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    5 more to pass Earnie?

8. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    That was a striker's goal -- anticipate, find space, one-touch precise finish. Simple, unfussy, clinical.

Strange this is, I never heard of Mike playing forward, or really any attacking position, when he was younger.

9. The Big Ticket

The Big Ticket New Member

Jan 30, 2004
    MN -> UIUC
    Non sequitur.

But I didn't mean to start another one of those fruitless discussions.

10. Papin

Papin BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 19, 1998
    le côté obscur
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I recall Mike being labeled a forward when he signed with MLS.
    But I can only find old articles about the '04 MLS draft that label him a mid, so I must be smoking crack.

11. YankatOxford

YankatOxford Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    Bradley with an excellent performance in this match. Finish was out of the top drawer. Gomes for PSV stood on his head in my opinion. Heerenveen looked far more likely to score in the 2nd half...

Songs are likely being sung about Michael in Friesland today...
    (And yes my Dutch flatmate is singing them too...)
    Mon the Veen'!

12. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was really nice the way he opened up his body and went with the right, drawing the keeper near side...and then depositing the ball far side. He realized he had the time to deke the keeper, and then he did it.

13. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
    Lol, looks like lots of PSV fans are not happy with Mike's provocative gesture after scoring that goal tonight.

:eek:

14. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Next year Heereveen will be playing at the Micha Bradleysma stadium and Micha Bradleysma will be playing at the Nou Camp.

15. Principal Firebush

Principal Firebush Smorgy Borgy Borgy

Jun 20, 2006
    Ohio
    Too bad! The PSV crowd was crying at every perceived missed call. Mikey had heard enough and commanded them to be quiet!:cool:

16. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Well, he was terrible (for both teams). I can't stand that referee..

Bradley contract ends soon, if he's smart he stays at sc Heerenveen till his contract ends. That is his only opportunity to move to a team like Real Madrid.
    Or else he will end up at a decent team in the PL who battles for European football or a top-team in the dutch competition (Ajax/PSV/Feyenoord)

Well deserved draw for sc Heerenveen, luckily we have Gomes or else it would have been even worser...

17. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or maybe, just maybe, different people have different kinds of affinity for language and learning of foreign languages :rolleyes:

Just a thought.

18. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Bradley (the Junior) Does It Again

http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/09/bradley-the-junior-does-it-again/

19. Principal Firebush

Principal Firebush Smorgy Borgy Borgy

Jun 20, 2006
    Ohio
    Anyone watching the Roda-Ajax match?

[result]Roda are hanging on to a 2-1 lead in extra time. Should that result hold Heerenveen will stay 2nd.[/result]

20. mitrita

mitrita Member

Aug 6, 2002
    NL
    Ajax [result]lost 2-1
    H'veen now in 2nd on goaldifference[/result]

21. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime New Member

Jul 5, 2007
    So he speaks with a Dutch accent...when he speaks ENGLISH!? I mean having a Brit or Aussie accent rub off on you is one thing, but to have the ENGLISH accent of a Dutch person when you apparently can't speak Dutch?

Wow.

22. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    I am pretty sure Mike speaks Dutch now.

23. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. RSwenson

RSwenson Member

Feb 1, 2000
    I have heard him interviewed in Dutch after a game... sounded pretty good (...I mean pretty bad, like normal Dutch;)... the Dutch say it is not a language, but a throat disease)

25. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Indeed, it's a difficult language. You should be lucky we sold New Amsterdam for Suriname, or else you would speak our disgusting language. Although, it isn't that bad, only the grammer is very hard to learn.