Bradley: 1/26 De Graafschap - SC Heerenveen (R)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Jan 22, 2008.

1. 60611

60611 Member+

Jan 23, 2007
    Chicago
    They have the best away form in the league (if they'd only done a little better at home...), and are in prime position to finish in one of the all important 2-5 spots.

2. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NOt to give results away...
    TOday i was checking soccernet focusing primarily on two matches in Holland...Let's just say it was not a bad day for Mike's club, even if they were not playing today.....

3. SoccerPhox

SoccerPhox Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PSV have hardly impressed me this year as much as in previous incarnations, most notably the team which included Beasley. It may not be really that far fetched for Heerenveen to challenge for the title. If Alves fails to be sold and the entire team continues to play consistently well...very possible to see it. The games in hand for both Ajax and PSV are the most important factor, but Ajax just dropped points today. I'm not saying it'll happen but it's certainly more possible this season than last.

4. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
    Well, the problem for them is that they play each other...

:)

Wednesday 30 January:

Feyenoord - AZ
    Ajax - PSV

Saturday 2 February:

Heerenveen - Vitesse
    AZ - PSV

Sunday 3 February:

Ajax - Feyenoord

If they all draw and Heerenveen win they could jump into second place.

5. chalaron

chalaron Member+

Aug 15, 2006
    Baton Rouge, Louisia
    you mean other than being Dutch? :D

The guy in the jacket jumping up and down looks a little like Johnny Knoxville to me. :confused:

6. chalaron

chalaron Member+

Aug 15, 2006
    Baton Rouge, Louisia
    The smirk before making the diplomatic comment on Alves said it all. He has pretty good media skills for someone his age, he never once said me or I when talking about his goal scoring, always said "it's good for the team"

7. mitrita

mitrita Member

Aug 6, 2002
    NL
    Correct, Will Johnson is on loan.
    Last season he played in 14 matches, most as sub, scoring 1 goal.
    Sofar this season played 20 matches, no goals.
    He will have to improve if he wants to continue his Europeans adventure.

8. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
  9. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
  10. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Now that he's sporting the buzz cut, I'll have to watch him play again. I always wondered if my lack appreciation of MB's game had something to do with an optical illusion: the floppy hair and untucked shirt always made him seem slow and ungraceful to me.

11. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, he is definitely his fathers son. His tone, inflection, and all around manner of speaking really remind me of Bob.

12. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    And if you had checked yesterday evening (before all the Sunday games) 'veen's position was even more attractive. Still, a surpringly (to me at least) good run of form without the mercurial Brasilian.

13. elephantstone

elephantstone Member

Feb 12, 2001
    Harrisburg, PA
    Bradley's now tied for the team lead in goals for the season with Alves.

14. Huwiler's Odoreaters

Apr 10, 2007
    Re: Mike Braddley Sat 1/26 20:00 CET De Graafschap - SC Heerenveen

Not enough. From what I can find, he scored five goals (all comps) for QPR until transfer to Blackburn on March 6, 1992. His stay at Blackburn ended in December 1992, and in that span he scored four goals (all comps)-- I can't find the details, but even if he scored all four between the transfer and the end of the season, he would have had nine on the season, which is less than Bradley this year.

He was sold to Coventry mid-season 92-93, and during the whole rest of his stay, he only scored nine goals. There isn't a permutation of goals in a season that would allow the post-citizenship Wegerle to have outscored Bradley in 2007-08.

15. studzup

studzup New Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Winthrop;Kinsale,IRE
    Your English is fine, my man.

16. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A reminder: this is an in-game thread and the topic of Bradley's development, the extent to which nepotism may or may not have been involved, etc. is pretty far afield. If you guys want to carry on this discussion, I'd be willing to set up a thread for it in the YA forum, proper. If you think we're done, however, we can leave it here.

There's nothing wrong with the discussion, per se, or its tone, just that it's in conflict with the parameters established for this subforum, per the requests of you, the users.

17. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think a general bradley discussion thread would be useful.If it wasn't too much trouble,you could break the last page or so of posts into another thread perhaps.

18. bungadiri

Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, here's what I did. I went back and tried to sift out the posts that constituted a conversation about the nature of and bases for Bradley's development.

Then I moved them into pre-existing thread (Bradley's development from a Dutch perspective). I'm going to rename that thread to encompass the more general tone of the discussion (although, frankly, the discussion there is very like the one taking place here, which is why I decided that would be a good home for these posts).

Apologies to anyone who finds this high-handed or disconcerting. The rationale was for doing so was a) to preserve a discussion that many of you seemed to find interesting and b) to preserve the specificity of purpose behind the "game-day threads" forum.

JohnR: I see you deleted a post responding to something I've moved. I think I might be able to reconstitute it and move it, too. Provided I have that capability (I am still figuring out this mod stuff), PM me and let me know if you want me to do it.

19. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC

Thanks for cleaning it up, if other people don't like it, well the mod does the best job possible!

20. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    But where did you put the Wegerlie thread?

21. bungadiri

Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not even going to tell you how many precious seconds of my life I just wasted wondering if I had actually misplaced a Wegerle thread. You have to wonder how I've made it this long without buying swampland.

22. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001

Sorry, I meant the Ricketts thread ...

Seriously, tho, rarely take me seriously.