Bouncing Afro of Nutmeg Dribbling Death - Marcelo Lovefest Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Apr 20, 2017.

1. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Marcelo was never about defending, so when our midfield click and our front is clicking, him going forward helps and the defensive neglect is something the team can tolerate, but once the front is not clicking and not scoring, Marcelo going forward is a big problem, cause he never could defend.

Digital repped this.
  2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Spare me.

He looked timid and uninterested going forward and slow, hesitant and lazy defending.

If this is how he repays an extension we need to start looking at our options.

S1na repped this.
  3. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Ahmadi8 repped this.
  4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Is he copying Messi 2013-14 by saving himself for the WC? Looks totally disinterested.

5. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hey at least hes in good spirit, he was able to muster a sarcastic response when someone brought that up:

[​IMG]

6. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Why wouldn't he find humor in this? He's gotten his pay bump. He's received his renovation.

Now is the time for vacation and humor.

7. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012

This is exactly why I give zero f*** about players and their emotions, and why I consider them expendable goods that need to be booed when they suck and why I hate the "legends of the club should be treated with respect" and similar crap.

These people live in their little bubbles and think they'real that and then some and don't handle them being criticized at all (just look at the nonsense Ronaldo was talking about after the game "you google Ronaldo goals...bla bla").

They should be booed tonight from the first minute until they show that they actually deserve support from the paying fans.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You people are the first to cry for the mods when you get trolled here anonimously, then get butthurt over Marcelo flaming some random entitled milleanial on the internet.

the word you're looking for is earned.

libertao repped this.
  9. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Who cries for the mods? Be serious, you aren't referring to me.

In the NFL we earned them because the league system is based on non-guaranteed contracts, you career lifespan is short and can end at any time.

In every other sport where you have a guaranteed contract you better be retaining your damn level that led you to earn that shit in the first place.

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The team did amazingly well for almost half a decade so the best players got contracts that reflect on their sacrifice in those years. Incredibly how salty some people can be about the players on the team they support.

11. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Let's hope Marcelo gets back to meeting the expectations he has set for himself, soon.

One of the most fun people to watch in all of sports when he is in form (or his usual self should I say).

Eddie repped this.
  12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    As of I don't have a reason. As if he isn't one of my favorites.

His lack of effort is my big issue and should be yours as well. Defend away though. Don't let me stop you.

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You siad we should look into selling him in the tottenham match thread. That's 5 months or so after we won the double with him as one of our best players.

14. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So Real Madrid has had the best left back in the world for like...ever. Can this continue?

15. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Irrelevant IMO, just as long as we have someone who is very competent at the job, contributes positively and on a fairly consistent level and helps the “team” to win

16. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hard to live up to Roberto Carlos and Marcelo.

Meanwhile, imagine Inter Milan had Roberto Carlos on one side and the other guy on the other side for a decade.

[​IMG]

Digital, Ahmadi8, Doni and 1 other person repped this.
  17. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Didn't realise Zanetti was so much taller than Bobby, is he standing on something?

Nathanial Essex and ABB94 repped this.
  18. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zanetti is a solid 5'10 while R.Carlos just scrapes 5'6

19. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Marcelo is a legend. In my opinion has already cemented his place as the best left back ever and he's not even 30 yet. Love him so much.

20. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    MOTM. Period.

21. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Seriously he should play his last year as a #10 or some. So much technique and finesse.

Nathanial Essex and Iscodisco repped this.
  22. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His first touch is sublime.

23. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Has spent more time in the box than Benzema. All heart :inlove:

Ahmadi8 and Oscar repped this.
  24. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Got a nasty injury in the first half. Got up and ran himself into the ground. Almost killed himself for the team.

ALL HEART.

-Reivax-, Ahmadi8, Doni and 1 other person repped this.